collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help Wanted: Pretty Parlor Discolouring  (Read 1318 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Help Wanted: Pretty Parlor Discolouring
« on: October 13, 2013, 02:25:01 AM »
I got this playset today on a Flee Market. But as you can see the Blue turned in some sort of Green. Does someone know how to fix this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help Wanted: Pretty Parlor Discolouring
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »
Mine looks the same, one side green, one side blue :huh:. I'm curious if there is a way to fix it too, since it is my favorite playset.

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:58:48 AM »
I would try this:

http://mlppreservationproject.com/accessories.html#Playsets
(scoll down a little to the yellowing section)

I've seen it work on more than one pink roof on a Lullaby Nursery.  It would probably work on blue as well.  I'd try it on a spot that's not too visible first.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »
Yes the link on Far Dreamer's site is your best bet. H202 cream works on harder plastics and should remove yellowing - so long as the yellowing is a surface discolour and not some issue with the plastic itself. My only note would be that sometimes the cream can make the plastic brittle so you may wish to be careful with it when the treatment is complete. As mentioned, test it on an under side of plastic before you go ahead. Make sure to give yourself a week or two after the test before you proceed. H202 cream can be slow acting and sometimes you wont see discolouration by the cream until a significant period afterwards. So give the cream time to react on the hidden part you are testing and if there is no change in colour, I would be comfortable to move on and bleach the yellow areas.

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FarDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:15 PM »
Yes the link on Far Dreamer's site is your best bet. H202 cream works on harder plastics and should remove yellowing - so long as the yellowing is a surface discolour and not some issue with the plastic itself. My only note would be that sometimes the cream can make the plastic brittle so you may wish to be careful with it when the treatment is complete. As mentioned, test it on an under side of plastic before you go ahead. Make sure to give yourself a week or two after the test before you proceed. H202 cream can be slow acting and sometimes you wont see discolouration by the cream until a significant period afterwards. So give the cream time to react on the hidden part you are testing and if there is no change in colour, I would be comfortable to move on and bleach the yellow areas.

Good luck!

I'm hoping to do some updates today and I'm totally quoting you.  LOL, I quote you a lot!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »

Good luck!

I'm hoping to do some updates today and I'm totally quoting you.  LOL, I quote you a lot!

Awww :) I feel famous :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FarDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 10:53:37 PM »
Awww :) I feel famous :P

Buy you are!   :lmao:

Tornado Twist:  Not to completely hijack your thread . . . whatever method you end up using, I'd like to post some before and after photos on my site, if you don't mind.  I don't have any of blue plastic yet.  :)

Offline CameronFalany

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
  • It's a Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
Look up online ...discolored plastic/rubber restoration, a lot comes up about faded car plastic parts, I found it useful when I purchased a dream castle with heavy fading, Im pretty sure you submerge them in a clear container and fill it with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and oxi-clean, but it has to be fully submerged to get an even color....it takes days like this sitting in a sunny place and little crystals may grow as water is evaporated! results...It softened the color contrast, there is still a slight visible fading but all in all, I do think it helped make My Dream Castle a more pristine place to live!
...always another rainbow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal