collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sternenstaub?  (Read 9980 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Sternenstaub?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »
I guess that's another example. But no, I don't believe that "No feedback is better than fake positive feedback." I know I have seen many people state that they didn't feel like something deserved positive feedback, so they just didn't leave feedback. But again, that doesn't help anyone. Why not leave a neutral? If no one ever says anything bad about members who they had problem transactions with, then the feedback system doesn't serve its purpose.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 02:09:31 PM »
I guess that's another example. But no, I don't believe that "No feedback is better than fake positive feedback." I know I have seen many people state that they didn't feel like something deserved positive feedback, so they just didn't leave feedback. But again, that doesn't help anyone. Why not leave a neutral? If no one ever says anything bad about members who they had problem transactions with, then the feedback system doesn't serve its purpose.
  will do in the future :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »
When I was unhappy about our transaction, I was a very new member and she was an established member with a lot of feedback, so I was intimidated and didn't leave feedback.

Considering the fact that she is usually a good trader but every so often she does something wrong, I'm starting to believe that she purposefully does a bad job when she thinks someone might not make a fuss over it?

After our first transaction that left a sour taste in my mouth, at one point she wanted to buy all the G1 ponies I had for sale (around 5 at the time), and she was sort of dragging it along only to never get back to me :S Since no money exchanged hands I couldn't leave feedback, but obviously I was less than happy and decided never to have anything to do with her again.

But yes, i 100% agree that people should leave appropriate feedback and I probably would have had I been more experienced. The whole deal with her, as well as the fact that I knew others were having issues made me reaise that perfect feedback doesn't necessarily mean perfect trader :(
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »
Thank you for letting us know the details  :hug:
 I really do understand how difficult it can be to leave bad feedback for someone - especially someone who does a lot of sales, swaps etc and has been a member of the community for a long time .. but its sooo important ;) . As is the case here - since it turns out that a lot of people have been having issues with Stern or had less than positive transactions with her, but the feedback didnt reflect that , so other members of the community ended up having issues too :cry: 
If someone does leave a neg and its an obvious retaliation and the person had done nothing wrong then we can remove it. Also if someone has to leave a neg or neutral for a seller but they come back and make things right, then  feedback  can also be revised to reflect that  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 03:43:16 AM »
I certainly learned a lesson here  :blush:

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 08:27:24 PM »
Just wanted to update that she sent me a reply at the MLPTP and she was very sweet about the whole thing, turns out she had a trojan issue and her emails were deleted. She also has my package which was returned to her because the label got damaged and she'll be shipping it to my address again :)

Thanks a lot everyone!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »
Ehhhhhh, she's used that "label got damaged" excuse with me before.  I was afraid to speak out at the time, because she was such a well-respected collector.  It's a long story, but the Baby Cherries Jubilee I bought took about 3 months to arrive because, supposedly, the label got damaged and was sent back.  (I think the pony was actually - supposedly - returned to Germany TWICE, but it's been so long now that I'm not sure I remember.)  Anyway, you'd think she'd have learned her lesson by now.  Just write the label neatly and cover it in clear tape so the ink won't run if it gets wet!  But I suspect that's not what really happened anyway.  I also suspect that the pony I got wasn't the one she pictured in her sale thread, but of course it had been deleted by the time Baby CJ arrived to me.  At that point, I was so happy to just get the pony that I didn't make a fuss.

Vintergaten, I think you're right:  She may get shady when she thinks the buyer won't make a fuss, and she'll get away with it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:55:01 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 04:08:39 AM »
Yup, that is what she has said to me too.

Now my package is in the German Post system. It got lost and now they are sending it to her. Well, this prosess has taken months now. I wouldn't trust a word she says. Goodbye ponies, I don't think I see them or my money ever.

Schitterboogje

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 05:31:18 AM »
Usually I don't reply on topics about members I didn't do transactions with myself but in this case I feel like I have to say a few things...

I'm just gonna say how I feel about Sternenstaub and that's that she is a VERY shady person! She is someone that plays really nice but scr**s you over behind your back!!
Thank God, I never did any business with her myself but I've seen her act because my sister did business with her unfortunately.. and some other collectors I know did too.

With my sister she did 3 trades.. The first 2 went very good. No problems. Her shipping takes a loooong time but besides that it was all okay. Then the third trade... where all the drama started...  -_-
My sister asked for a commission. A baby Parasol custom and a baby Sea Breeze custom. She made the baby Sea Breeze in another pose then what my sister asked for.. when my sister said she didn't like that pose but because Stern did her best she would take it anyway. Then when the package was finally send (at least, that's what Stern said) it "surprisingly came back damaged" and the only thing damaged was that baby Sea Breeze custom...  :|
Stern had already received my sister's package but it took another few months before my sister got the package from Stern..  then, the baby Parasol custom was damaged too.. something Stern never mentioned..

Then I still didn't mention the fact Stern was really pushing my sister into this trade.. sending multiple messages in which she almost forced my sister to do the trade.. Saying ponies were worth way more then they actually are.. (Spanish Hopscotch was worth 70$ and she wanted to trade that one for 2 Dutchies!)  She knew about the real value because when my sister confronted her she "surprisingly" suggested something else immidiately.

My sister DID leave a negative feedback to Stern because of all these things and what did Stern?? She ALSO left my sister a negative feedback. And it was not only negative.. Oh no that was not enough for Stern.. she wrote a lot of cruel lies in her feedback too. Saying my sister was a schizofrenic...  :angry:
Because of all Stern her mean lies my sister let one of the moderators remove both feedbacks..

Also from other collectors I know closely I've heard about them receiving damaged ponies, Stern getting her shipped packages back because of labels damaged or the package itself damaged, mentioning values from ponies that were not realistic....

So maybe she looks so nice and so sweet but it's in most cases all a big act..  I've seen her doing this act of hers with multiple people so I know what I'm talking about.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:57:25 AM by Schitterboogje »

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 05:51:12 AM »
Usually I don't reply on topics about members I didn't do transactions with myself but in this case I feel like I have to say a few things...

I'm just gonna say how I feel about Sternenstaub and that's that she is a VERY shady person! She is someone that plays really nice but screws you over behind your back!!
Thank God, I never did any business with her myself but I've seen her act because my sister did business with her unfortunately.. and some other collectors I know did too.

With my sister she did 3 trades.. The first 2 went very good. No problems. Her shipping takes a loooong time but besides that it was all okay. Then the third trade... where all the drama started...  -_-
My sister asked for a commission. A baby Parasol custom and a baby Sea Breeze custom. She made the baby Sea Breeze in another pose then what my sister asked for.. when my sister said she didn't like that pose but because Stern did her best she would take it anyway. Then when the package was finally send (at least, that's what Stern said) it "surprisingly came back damaged" and the only thing damaged was that baby Sea Breeze custom...  :|
Stern had already received my sister's package but it took another few months before my sister got the package from Stern..  then, the baby Parasol custom was damaged too.. something Stern never mentioned..

Then I still didn't mention the fact Stern was really pushing my sister into this trade.. sending multiple messages in which she almost forced my sister to do the trade.. Saying ponies were worth way more then they actually are.. (Spanish Hopscotch was worth 70$ and she wanted to trade that one for 2 Dutchies!)  She knew about the real value because when my sister confronted her she "surprisingly" suggested something else immidiately.

My sister DID leave a negative feedback to Stern because of all these things and what did Stern?? She ALSO left my sister a negative feedback. And it was not only negative.. Oh no that was not enough for Stern.. she wrote a lot of cruel lies in her feedback too. Saying my sister was a schizofrenic...  :angry:
Because of all Stern her mean lies my sister let one of the moderators remove both feedbacks..

Also from other collectors I know closely I've heard about them receiving damaged ponies, Stern getting her shipped packages back because of labels damaged or the package itself damaged, mentioning values from ponies that were not realistic....

So maybe she looks so nice and so sweet but it's in most cases all a big act..  I've seen her doing this act of hers with multiple people so I know what I'm talking about.
  Yep  is so hard to keep the truth based on feedback

I was leaving neutral to someone on Ebay and they got very defensive, they have some over 100 positive feedback but claim they are not really ebay sellers ??
I paid for a pony and the listing had priority shipping, i received the pony and then i see that it was sent over under first class mail , seller claims is a mistake, so i said for the mistake i will be leaving neutral ,they said they will leave neutral too, They can't leave a buyer neutral, just a positive  with negative comments.
So it is very touchy how all the feedback system works ,after a while I guess I felt it was not a big deal , if the seller pocketed a couple of dollars, I just want them to be aware that is wrong and that is not acceptable .
but doing so always comes  back with retaliation from the other party .
now I have a fake positive on my feedback :(.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 07:04:33 AM »
Wow, Schitterboogje, that is horrible! But i'm glad than now all the lies are coming out!
My first transaction with her also involved items where she was asking for way too high prices, and thank goodness I confronted her (that was not the only problem with that transaction in the end but whatever).

Just, wow! I can't believe how many of us she messed up with and we are only talking about it now :( I'm glad she's banned from transactions here!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 07:08:15 AM »
This thread is interesting to me... :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 07:29:09 AM »
Schitterboogje I remember that like it was yesterday  :( The only thing that came out good from that was I made a pretty good friend in the end.

I am truly sorry for all involved. Believe me, banning her from buying and selling here was a decision that was not made in haste. While I do understand that things can happen it happened way to often and always with the same excuses that have been listed above.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Schitterboogje

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 08:22:47 AM »
Wow, Schitterboogje, that is horrible! But i'm glad than now all the lies are coming out!
My first transaction with her also involved items where she was asking for way too high prices, and thank goodness I confronted her (that was not the only problem with that transaction in the end but whatever).

Just, wow! I can't believe how many of us she messed up with and we are only talking about it now :( I'm glad she's banned from transactions here!

I'm sorry for you also..  my sister also confronted her about her way too high prices and then she took some money off but still she was asking way too much for some ponies..

What I said before; I don't want to talk bad about a person I didn't deal with myself but when I saw this topic I just felt like I had to share my sister her story and the other things I know from other collectors.  It's almost unbelievable that she could get away with all of this...

Schitterboogje I remember that like it was yesterday  :( The only thing that came out good from that was I made a pretty good friend in the end.

I am truly sorry for all involved. Believe me, banning her from buying and selling here was a decision that was not made in haste. While I do understand that things can happen it happened way to often and always with the same excuses that have been listed above.

I'm sorry to hear TacoFairy.. 
Yes, when I read all reply's here I see the same excuses Stern made over and over again..
I'm glad to hear that for you there was at least a really positive thing coming out: a really good friend!

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »
I always thought I was a person who wouldn't get scammed.. I got so manipulated, I made a "good deal" after another.. And yes, I am glad that a finnish MOC/MIB-collector helped me out with a few prices! I would have paid waaaay too much for couple ponies..

And I remember one nirvana here, Love Melody (brazilian?, posey pose, chewed) I looked here. I wanted it but was late. Weeks later, she had the same pony for sale. I asked for it and she said the price and said the price included rehairing. I said please no, I will reroot myself and asked a little lower price.. Well, we didn't make a deal and she rehaired with Dollyhair and sold it on :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal