collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair problems.  (Read 2225 times)

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
Re: Hair problems.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 07:53:34 AM »
I'm going to email her then, I will see what's up with that.

And yes, every time that I have received replacement colors (and yes, I always say it's okay, so long as it's still nylon - I've never been surprised by her that way), it does say the correct hair color name on the bag as opposed to the color that I wanted, and I've also always received a tiny note with it that says "We are currently out of (color), I hope you enjoy (other color) in its place" or something similar.
If it is a replacement color, I received no note of it in my invoice or in my package. But like I said, I didn't ask for a replacement color in the first place.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline LadySatine

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »
I want to bump this as I am super annoyed. I have heard nothing from Tina about this.

Maybe Tina will see this on here. (annoyed times 12)  :mad:

ETA: I've emailed her again and left her a pm here. Hopefully one of them will get answered.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:28:02 AM by LadySatine »

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »
This hasn't happened to me, but I too would be really annoyed! I understand the hank sizes varying a little from time to time, but to get what would possibly different color hair.... how odd!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
I thought the color looked very different- it's not at all as saturated. Please keep us updated - looks like it's been at least a week since your first contact? Keep e-mailing :\

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 02:13:26 AM »
Just got an order in yesterday- 9 hanks. At least two are that same... odd... crinkly stuff. It is definately not just end of the spool. It doesn't condition out smoothly. It feels thick and dry and not silky and smooth and soft at all. Much harder than pony hair. Not a fan of it. It doesn't look too nice either.
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline LadySatine

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 02:21:17 AM »
I will definitely keep you all updated on this! Nothing yet...

Just got an order in yesterday- 9 hanks. At least two are that same... odd... crinkly stuff. It is definately not just end of the spool. It doesn't condition out smoothly. It feels thick and dry and not silky and smooth and soft at all. Much harder than pony hair. Not a fan of it. It doesn't look too nice either.

Yep, conditioning did not help for me either. My commissioner said she didn't mind it on the first pony I did since he's all done, but wants the rest done in normal hair. And I don't blame her one bit, she picked that color for a reason. ;)

So I'm going to head over to the DH trade thread. If anyone here can help me, I need just one full skein of electric banana.

Offline Draikinator

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 02:24:06 AM »
I will definitely keep you all updated on this! Nothing yet...

Yep, conditioning did not help for me either. My commissioner said she didn't mind it on the first pony I did since he's all done, but wants the rest done in normal hair. And I don't blame her one bit, she picked that color for a reason. ;)

So I'm going to head over to the DH trade thread. If anyone here can help me, I need just one full skein of electric banana.

Yeah, one of mine is white and it's rather... translucent? I realize whtie hair is usually a little lessopaque but it seems especially so. The other colour is a chocolate brown, but I ordered a few browns and I didn't check which particular one it was.
I got two extra hanks with the seven I ordered, a pink and a really bright yellow. I think it might actually be electric banana, I'll check when I get back home.
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 02:32:12 AM »
Worriesome- I've always found dollyhair to be such great quality, I wonder what the deal is?

Offline LadySatine

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 02:43:13 AM »
I got two extra hanks with the seven I ordered, a pink and a really bright yellow. I think it might actually be electric banana, I'll check when I get back home.

I would be happy to trade or buy if it is. Are you looking for anything specific?

Worriesome- I've always found dollyhair to be such great quality, I wonder what the deal is?

I know it, I've never had any problems before! This makes me so sad.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 01:59:26 AM »
I do hope this gets solved
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Draikinator

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 02:00:46 AM »
Ah, no, it's tennis ball. And also crinkly. :/

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 03:07:18 AM »
I've had the crinkled hair before, the end-of-spool hair, and it's always smoothed out fine with washing and brushing. Sounds like this is different? Hmm.

Offline Draikinator

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 03:42:42 AM »
I've had the crinkled hair before, the end-of-spool hair, and it's always smoothed out fine with washing and brushing. Sounds like this is different? Hmm.
It's definately not regular nylon pony hair. Mine is very hair and dry and even though I conditioned it it isn't soft and silky. Like when my regular pony hair comes in I just want to touch it ahhh it feels so nice. But this stuff feels like. Not smooth, or soft at all. It's like. crinkly and dry and hair and it simply does not soften.

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 04:07:35 AM »
Well, the different colors of nylon hair do have different textures, so I don't know that feel alone could tell you if it wasn't nylon hair. I know that a while back there was some white hair that had some weird non-nylon strands in them, and we knew they must be different fiber because they wouldn't take dye. One of the other properties of nylon hair is that it styles well with heat - have you tried using boiling water or a flat iron to straighten it? That might be a good indicator.

Offline LadySatine

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 05:40:11 AM »
Well, the different colors of nylon hair do have different textures, so I don't know that feel alone could tell you if it wasn't nylon hair. I know that a while back there was some white hair that had some weird non-nylon strands in them, and we knew they must be different fiber because they wouldn't take dye. One of the other properties of nylon hair is that it styles well with heat - have you tried using boiling water or a flat iron to straighten it? That might be a good indicator.

I've not used a flat iron yet, but I curled the ends of the mane and tail and that didn't seem to make a difference. I will try my flat iron though and let you know!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal