collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hair problems.  (Read 2235 times)

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
Hair problems.
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:12:21 AM »
Okay, first thing, I haven't emailed Tina yet. I ordered three skeins of electric banana and got them in August. I am just now getting around to the project that I am using them for. There is a major problem and I want to know if anyone else has had this. This is not pony hair. I don't know what kind of hair it is. I don't know if it's to make the skeins weigh more/look thicker or what. But I am annoyed to say the least.

Here is a picture. The one on top is old stock I had and the one on the bottom is the new I received.  >_<

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anyone else had this problem? I do intend to email Tina.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Draikinator

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hair problems.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 06:37:57 AM »
Ew, that's no good. I ordered from dh just a few days ago and the hair came in yesterday, silky and beautiful. The baggie was broken though and the hair had fallen out and gotten a little messy because it rained and the envelope got wet.
-Want to buy those squishy Russian "Plush Apple" brand toys, especially the shining armor/cadence set. also the russian chupa chups vinyl scratch.-

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 07:00:36 AM »
I also have this problem, but only with some colors. I'm relatively new to this, so I just figured it had something to do with some colors being different than others. It's an odd texture, really, but it's hard to tell the difference once you're done working with it.

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 07:08:33 AM »
I've got a couple hanks that have similar crimping in them, but as I've yet to make customs as paid commissions, I didn't really mind.  Now, I don't know a lick about the doll hair industry, or any part of how packaging it or anything works, but I seem to recall someone saying that that crimping sometimes occurs when the spool or whatever it's called of hair starts getting towards the end.  Have you tried washing it to see if the crimp will come out?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 08:21:30 AM »
It's normal. I believe it happens when it's close to the end of the spool. Sometimes a good wash in warm water will help.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »
Most of the hanks in my last order looked like that. I think it looks fine once you're done working with it though.

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »
It doesn't look the same colour, either. Maybe you got sent saran or acetate or something by mistake?
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 09:20:40 AM »
Are you sure you didn't get a substitute color? Sometimes if they are out of stock they will send a similar shade unless you click the button that opts for a refund if a color is unavailable.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 09:25:52 AM »
Are you sure you didn't get a substitute color? Sometimes if they are out of stock they will send a similar shade unless you click the button that opts for a refund if a color is unavailable.

I personally think thats whats happened here, that doesn't look like Nylon, and I don't think its just because is from the bottom of the spool.
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline BarbedDragon

• Trade Count: (+157)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/BarbedDragon/BarbedDragonCustoms
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 10:43:05 AM »
Kaostat is correct, this has been explained before as hair near the inside of the spool and it makes the hair crimped as it lays on top of the strands below it. It winds tighter here and that seems to be the reason for it. Do make sure the wight is correct, but I would say doing a little straighten in hot water should fix this up.

It IS just the texture that is off---not the color right?
Commissions are CLOSEDWaiting list available.
*My Customs Page**My Facebook Page**My Re-Rooting Tools/Etsy*

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 12:32:22 PM »
The one thing about dollyhair when ordering is that you have to read every word on the page. I normally hit the "check out now" button I don't use paypal option so I'm not sure what other screens you may or may not see. But this is at the bottom of the mine when I order You have to put NO in the bottom or you will very likely get completely different hair.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:35:29 PM by Aednatia »

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »
Kaostat is correct, this has been explained before as hair near the inside of the spool and it makes the hair crimped as it lays on top of the strands below it. It winds tighter here and that seems to be the reason for it. Do make sure the wight is correct, but I would say doing a little straighten in hot water should fix this up.

It IS just the texture that is off---not the color right?

The colour looks pretty different to me.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »
The color may just look different because of how the light hits the different texture? If she sent a different color as a substitute, it would have a different color name written on the bag, wouldn't it?

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 10:44:25 PM »
All three of the bags say mlp electric banana,  so it's definitely not a different kind. I will try washing it to see if it looks better. And it does look like a different color in person! I always put  no in that box when it's for a commission also so that rules that out.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 11:05:20 PM »
If the color seems off, you might want to drop her a line about that, too, just in case she still has more spools of that particular shipment of electric banana.  I believe that it's happened to her before that some of her orders were not dyed or whatever correctly at the factory before they even shipped to her so that the color was slightly off, and she has put notes alongside those colors when shopping so people know. 

And yes, every time that I have received replacement colors (and yes, I always say it's okay, so long as it's still nylon - I've never been surprised by her that way), it does say the correct hair color name on the bag as opposed to the color that I wanted, and I've also always received a tiny note with it that says "We are currently out of (color), I hope you enjoy (other color) in its place" or something similar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal