collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Getting very upset with university mail!  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: Getting very upset with university mail!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 05:26:30 PM »
Late to the party, but there is actually no way to not open a case on eBay anymore if you contact a seller using the item not received or item not as described options. Because I was aware on it from threads here, I watched it really closely to make sure I didn't, and in the end I had to go back and choose "other".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »
As someone who lives in a household that needs to live paycheck-to-paycheck, constantly, and i mean CONSTANTLY watching every cent we spend, i'm sorry to say that i think somebody who makes hundreds or even thousands of dollars a month selling things on ebay could possibly sacrifice 10 dollars on a pony that was already unpopular to begin with and probably wouldn't have sold very quickly anyways.

What?!!!!!!

I'M FIRING YOU AND KEEPING YOUR WAGES.
TSK TSK TSK.
All the naked men pics you get as wages are all mine!

:shocked: *flails and then dies* :faint: *creeps out of thread......*
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
Late to the party, but there is actually no way to not open a case on eBay anymore if you contact a seller using the item not received or item not as described options. Because I was aware on it from threads here, I watched it really closely to make sure I didn't, and in the end I had to go back and choose "other".

Perhaps it depends on which ebay is used? I just contacted a seller yesterday because an item I ordered 5 weeks still hasn't arrived and I chose the "didn't receive item" option and it didn't open a case, it just allowed me to send a message to the seller.

Although I have seen several threads where members have stated that they inquired about their purchase and ebay opened a case automatically. Does anyone know why this happens?

*Sorry that I went a little off topic there*

I do agree that if the tracking shows that the item has been delivered, the seller is no longer responsible for the item. Ebay and paypal would also agree to the that as well. Much like others have expressed, none of us know what others make, how much money they have etc. It's not our business anyways. But who are we to judge who should or shouldn't be without the money?

I also agree, and this is not meant to come off as an attack to the OP, but if you knew that University Mail was unreliable, I believe that continuing to purchase items and not have an alternate shipping address means that you're accepting the risk that your items will show as delivered and you're going to be out of money pretty much each and every time.

I think a lot of members live on a tight budget, and no one wants to be out money or ponies or whatever they are buying and selling. In this situation, the seller was very gracious and far more understanding than I would've been had a case been opened on me, especially with the knowledge that this is an ongoing problem that the OP was well aware of.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
I thought the same thing Sebby. If the case was accidental then fair enough to Glitzy, although she could have PMed me here on the Arena at any time. I think my confusion was due to the accompanying note asking for a refund.

Although I have seen several threads where members have stated that they inquired about their purchase and ebay opened a case automatically. Does anyone know why this happens? 
I am not entirely sure why they started doing it MG. It's pretty recent. I believe it is so that it gives sellers the opportunity to resolve questions and transaction issues with buyers before they can be escalated to eBay Customer Service for review.  Plus for a case like this they can review my tracking number and see that the item was delivered. Thus siding in my favor and then any buyer feedback (positive, neutral, and negative) along with detailed seller ratings will be removed promptly.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
Glitzy has been refunded in good faith and I am going to consider the matter closed.

I do suggest that you do not have mail delivered to your dorm any longer.

As someone who lives in a household that needs to live paycheck-to-paycheck, constantly, and i mean CONSTANTLY watching every cent we spend, i'm sorry to say that i think somebody who makes hundreds or even thousands of dollars a month selling things on ebay could possibly sacrifice 10 dollars on a pony that was already unpopular to begin with and probably wouldn't have sold very quickly anyways.
I also want to note that Ebay is my only means of income. So ten dollars to me is also equally important to live.

REFUNDED in GOOD FAITH??

I do not care what it LOOKS LIKE a seller does or does not make, this whole situation has been UNACCEPTABLE to me.  If you don't have money to throw away, perhaps buying ponies is not something you should be doing.  When money is tight around my house, a $10 pony, shirt, movie, or anything else I don't NEED is not something I buy.

Every one of us have had to struggle at one point or another. 

Furthermore, from the seller's, the post office's, eBay's, Paypal's, and ANYONE else's perspective, this item was DELIVERED, and there is no evidence to the contrary out side of the buyer's word of mouth.  And after taking a peek at your feedback, this has clearly been an ongoing problem for you.  It is up to you, as a buyer, to provide a proper address for mailing.  You, Glitzy, decided to give the address you did.  At this point, you need to print receipts for every item you have lost through your university's mail system, and take it up with them.

Had I been in your shoes, I would NEVER have accepted a refund of any amount.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57:35 PM »

Yes this is true,  I have had this happen to me and luckily I caught it.  That was not what I wanted to happen at all.  Now I refuse to select anything but "Other" when I need to communicate with the seller.  Maybe Ebay has worked on this and fixed it due to complaints...who knows. I have observed people apologizing on the Arena when this happened.  You can close a case immediately and call Ebay should this happen.  I think its also really good to let the seller know immediately should you have this happen.  Any case that is opened accident or not is really not good for a seller.   So, if you do accidentally open a case because of that system issue there is no reason to not immediately address it and fix the problem. IMO

I thought the same thing Sebby. If the case was accidental then fair enough to Glitzy, although she could have PMed me here on the Arena at any time. I think my confusion was due to the accompanying note asking for a refund.

Honestly, that is very confusing to me also.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:09:38 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2013, 01:34:28 AM »
Dang, PL, you're a much nicer person than I am.  $10 is a lot to me sometimes too.  :( 

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2013, 01:53:33 AM »
I think my confusion was due to the accompanying note asking for a refund.

Missed that bit!

Always looking for MLP erasers

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2013, 02:25:23 AM »
Oh my.

My advice is to rent an outside PO box at the actual city post office. Talk to Student Relations and then request to talk to the President. If this is an ongoing problem, there is obviously some issues with staff. It could also be post delivery to the universtity that is the problem. Please consider talking to your city post office as well.

I ordered a lolita handbag last semester and it was first delivered to the university post office, but I didn't pick it up quickly enough (it was a long weekend and I went home for a week!!) and they sent it to the City Post Office.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2013, 03:23:38 AM »
I have had to rent a PO box myself because mail was going missing in my building. It was being stolen, but management said they couldn't do anything about it. After having 2 of my packages stolen, I went for a PO Box. Guys, after the anguish of missing mail, PO boxes are the greatest invention in the world. They are cheap (I pay $40 a year). They are secure. They are more widely accepted now than ever before. In the time I've had my PO box I've only run into one website that wouldn't deliver to a PO box. I. Love. My. PO Box. If you are in a situation where you KNOW there's a problem with mail going missing, a PO box is a great, responsible decision.

I will also say that both times my packages went missing, they had tracking and were marked as being delivered. I would never have dreamed of trying to file for a refund from my sellers. My sellers did nothing wrong. They sent my item to me in an appropriate way, and the post office delivered it. I wasn't going to take it out on them because something shady happened after the package got to my building.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 04:44:49 AM »
Had I been in your shoes, I would NEVER have accepted a refund of any amount.

To be honest I don't get it either. I had a case of getting something lost on ebay but it was neither mine or the sellers fault and I didn't open a case against her, I didn't ask for a refund. I was actually stumped because the seller offered me a discount if I was ever to buy from her again, which was very kind of her. What ponylady did was super kind, especially considering the fact Glitzy knew that packages delivered to her go missing.

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »
PL you are a saint! I'm sorry but I don't think I would have done the same, I mean I want to do everything in my power to keep my customers happy but refunding in a situation like this is not something I would (or financially could) do.

And Kotty IMO I feel like your comments here are quite rude and presumptuous; just because someone is selling on ebay doesn't mean they are millionaires.  We understand Glitzy Gems frustration, really we do, and we are trying to help the best we can (no one here has been negative towards her) so I do not understand why you feel the need to come whiteknight for her in such a manor. We are friends not foes, please do not treat us as such! 

ANYWAYS, moving back to the real problem at hand. >_<

Glitzy Gems you need to go higher up than just the postmaster. Gather your receipts of lost packages, gather the support of fellow students who are experiencing the same problem and go as high as you need to go to fix this problem; I personally would start off with student housing or student resources and if that doesn't work go to administration and IF that doesn't work I would seriously consider threatening legal action, do what EVER it takes to get the higher ups attention. Remember there is power in numbers! Its a whole lot harder to ignore 50 students than it is to ignore just 1.

AND FINALLY
I'M FIRING YOU AND KEEPING YOUR WAGES.
TSK TSK TSK.
All the naked men pics you get as wages are all mine!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If mods are paid in man eye candy then sign me up! :devious:
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Issame

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 06:02:53 AM »

I... I'm sorry.  Did 'hundreds of dollars' or even a thousand take care of bills for even a month?  My monthly housing expenses alone are 1300.  Selling a couple hundred dollars on ebay barely would pay my electricity bill for one month.  Do not, because you are strapped, decide that all sellers are loaded.  Because generally, they're selling to make ends meet, themselves.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
*snort* Ponylady, can you stop counting your piles of cash and swimming in your pool filled with gold doubloons so you offer your invaluable guidance and advice to new members?!  I'm changing your user name to Scroodge McDuck.  The nerve of you to want to make a profit in eBay!! 

Ponylady, you're a saint.  An absolute saint. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »
Glitzy has been refunded in good faith and I am going to consider the matter closed.

I reply to these types of threads very, very rarely.  That said, you did what?  That's very nice of you.

To ask a seller for a refund on an item that has clearly been appropriately shipped, especially when having it sent to an address where admittedly there have been problems in the past, I would have suspected the buyer of setting up a scam.

And it's up to the person earning the money to decide what's appropriate to do with the money.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal