collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Getting very upset with university mail!  (Read 4021 times)

Glitzy Gems

• Trade Count: (0)
Getting very upset with university mail!
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:12:55 AM »
Yeah, I'm already having problems with them AGAIN and it's only been two months!  :huh:

First, an envelope with an MLP card I ordered disappeared off the face of the planet and was never delivered. This was three weeks ago...

NOW I'm waiting for a pony I ordered on eBay (a Baby Frosting I bought from the e-believe seller)...I got delivery comp. saying that it was delivered on the 7th, but its the 9th and its apparently not even in the darn mail area! The two guys there looked for a solid 10 minutes through every bit of mail, but it never popped up!

I am SO frustrated with them! Last year they lost packages and I never got the refunds because the package said delivered and people thought I was scamming them out of their toys AND money, which I would never do! This stinks and I'm close to tears from all of this! The worst part is, if its lost here, I have NO chance of finding it. I've heard from other students that mail that isn't delivered to the students is often tossed into the trash, without warning!  :cry:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Getting very upset with university mail!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
I am the E-Believe seller  :P

I am sorry your mail service is such a mess. Do you perhaps have an alternate mailing address you can use while you are away?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:47:00 AM »
I am the E-Believe seller  :P

I am sorry your mail service is such a mess. Do you perhaps have an alternate mailing address you can use while you are away?

Oh, good ;;A;;
Guh, I hope the pony gets to me...she was beautiful ;3;

I sadly don't have an alt address at this time, but next semester I'm moving off campus into some apartments...can't WAIT to get away from University mail! Caused so many issues!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:52:10 AM »
Let's keep our fingers crossed she shows up somewhere and not in the trash. I think I remember last year when you were having trouble with them? Can someone report them? Or did anyone report them? I was then thinking perhaps she may get returned to me but I just went and double checked and this is what it says.

Delivered

Oct-07-13, 11:16 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27858

Notice Left (Business Closed)

Oct-05-13, 10:34 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27858

Out for Delivery

Oct-05-13, 08:16 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27834

Sorting Complete

Oct-05-13, 08:06 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27834

Arrival at Post Office

Oct-05-13, 06:28 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27834

Depart USPS Sort Facility

Oct-05-13, 00:00 AM, GREENSBORO, NC 27495

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Oct-04-13, 21:28 PM, GREENSBORO, NC 27495

Oct-04-13, 00:00 AM, AKRON, OH 44309

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Oct-03-13, 21:05 PM, AKRON, OH 44309

Dispatched to Sort Facility

Oct-03-13, 17:05 PM, WADSWORTH, OH 44281

Acceptance

Oct-03-13, 12:48 PM, WADSWORTH, OH 44281

It looks like they left a Notice on the 5th and then delivered on the 7th. I wonder if you can ask the PO about that notice they left as proof that someone is tampering with the mail.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »
Let's keep our fingers crossed she shows up somewhere and not in the trash. I think I remember last year when you were having trouble with them? Can someone report them? Or did anyone report them? I was then thinking perhaps she may get returned to me but I just went and double checked and this is what it says.

Delivered

Oct-07-13, 11:16 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27858

Notice Left (Business Closed)

Oct-05-13, 10:34 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27858

Out for Delivery

Oct-05-13, 08:16 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27834

Sorting Complete

Oct-05-13, 08:06 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27834

Arrival at Post Office

Oct-05-13, 06:28 AM, GREENVILLE, NC 27834

Oct-05-13, 00:00 AM, GREENSBORO, NC 27495

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

Oct-04-13, 21:28 PM, GREENSBORO, NC 27495

Oct-04-13, 00:00 AM, AKRON, OH 44309

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

Oct-03-13, 21:05 PM, AKRON, OH 44309

Dispatched to Sort Facility

Oct-03-13, 17:05 PM, WADSWORTH, OH 44281

Acceptance

Oct-03-13, 12:48 PM, WADSWORTH, OH 44281

It looks like they left a Notice on the 5th and then delivered on the 7th. I wonder if you can ask the PO about that notice they left as proof that someone is tampering with the mail.

Yeah, if its not in my box tomorrow afternoon, I'm printing out the transcript and demanding to see the manager

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »
I would most definitely. Keep me posted and I will do what I can to help.  :hug:

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 09:08:22 AM »
I would most definitely. Keep me posted and I will do what I can to help.  :hug:

When I went in today, they tried to say it couldn't POSSIBLY have been delivered....but that's bullcrap! It's HERE! It's BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST THREE DAYS  :cry:

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 09:54:51 AM »
IF I were you I would go above their heads and talk to one of the housing department leaders or student resources and let them know that this is a continuing problem for you and other students so obviously somebody is either not doing their job or is tampering with the mail.

I remember back when I was in school, in the beginning of each semester school books keep disappearing (the campus book store NEVER had enough so they would order them for you and ship it to you) and no one said anything until finally a lawsuit was filed and it turned out that a few of the people in the mail room where stealing the books that they needed instead of buying them, the school actually got in big trouble for ignoring the issue for so long, because tampering with peoples mail is a big federal no no, and it should not have taken that long for the thieves to be found out. 

IF they don't listen I would gather everyone you can find who lives on campus whos had problems and threaten legal action, that WILL get their attention and the problem will be solved.

AND until the problem is solved I would not ship anything to your campus address anymore, either find a good friend who you can trust to borrow their address or open a PO box. 
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 06:28:49 AM »
Update: The pony was never found and I'm now waiting to receive a number for the Postmaster from the school. One lady I asked was EXTREMELY rude to me and the other said that they had no idea what was going on, but that I wasn't the only one who has had packages disappear. I will no longer have packages arrive here. I will be sending them to a friend's house from now on. This is freaking awful.  :cry:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 06:41:49 AM »
Glitzy I completely understand your frustration/situation but why did you open a case against me? The item shows as delivered. It is not my fault your University has mishandled your packages last and then again this year.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,320794.msg605296.html#msg605296

I am sorry I do not mean to be mean but Ebay will unfortunately side with me. The package shows as delivered.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 07:00:01 AM »
*huggles*  I hope that you are able to get things sorted with your university mail management as they are the only ones who can really do anything about it.  Go above them to the regional postal managers if you have to.  :( 

I  agree, sending things to a friend's place or your folks back home while you are at college is way safer.  I can't tell you how many times I heard about packages or letters getting lost by university mail.  :(  It's not really professional mail service at all!  Sad one has to pay the same prices, though. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 07:03:28 AM »
Glitzy I completely understand your frustration/situation but why did you open a case against me? The item shows as delivered. It is not my fault your University has mishandled your packages last and then again this year.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,320794.msg605296.html#msg605296

I am sorry I do not mean to be mean but Ebay will unfortunately side with me. The package shows as delivered.

I did not know a case was opened? I was trying to contact via ebay?
I still dont know how a lot of it works. But it wouldn't be the first time I screwed up and got people angry at me.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 07:20:36 AM »
May I ask, how can you accidentally open a case? :/ You have to choose a variety of options in order to get to the stage of asking for a refund and even make your own comments to be sent to the seller. 

I can completely understand your frustration there is nothing worse than missing mail but it sounds like the people to blame are your post office, not you and not the seller. I think you simply have to shout and scream all the way through the complaints process; you have everything on your side to support that they have lost your mail.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Glitzy Gems

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:06 AM »
May I ask, how can you accidentally open a case? :/ You have to choose a variety of options in order to get to the stage of asking for a refund and even make your own comments to be sent to the seller. 

I can completely understand your frustration there is nothing worse than missing mail but it sounds like the people to blame are your post office, not you and not the seller. I think you simply have to shout and scream all the way through the complaints process; you have everything on your side to support that they have lost your mail.

I tried to just send her a message.  I didnt know doing that auto-opened a case. I'm really stupid.

Even with support, that means nothing if its vanished. Last year I called the current Postmaster and they said "too bad, it shows delivered, nothing we can do". The employees are angry at me already for constantly going up there to raise hell.

kotty

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 07:29:30 AM »
In all honesty even though it's neither Glitzy or the seller's fault, getting her money back would be the kind thing to do. I know Glitzy personally and this has, in fact, been a reoccurring issue with her university's mail. She can't afford to just throw money away and get nothing. She's a college student. If something similar happened to you, you'd more than likely want your money back as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal