collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: how to re pink pony hair?  (Read 195 times)

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
how to re pink pony hair?
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:58:04 AM »
Hello :) can someone help me?

What is the best method to re pink a fading pink haired pony.
What sort of dye would I use. I'm based in the UK if that helps.

I've several that have faded and I'd like to restore them if I can :)
Thank you
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Kitten Mittens

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: how to re pink pony hair?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 06:46:26 AM »
Probably gently stroking and brushing some petal pink Rit dye through the mane and tail would do the trick, although I'd keep in mind the plastic will stain if the dye sits on it or the pony gets dunked more than a second.

just take things slow, have plenty of paper towels on hand and don't rush. You can always add more but undoing things is an absolute pain.

Offline lindsayrose1985

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:53:48 AM »
Probably gently stroking and brushing some petal pink Rit dye through the mane and tail would do the trick, although I'd keep in mind the plastic will stain if the dye sits on it or the pony gets dunked more than a second.

just take things slow, have plenty of paper towels on hand and don't rush. You can always add more but undoing things is an absolute pain.
thank you :) is powder or liquid rit dye better?

Kitten Mittens

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 07:03:05 AM »
Powder tends to stain certain colours less and personally I find the powder far more managable to measure.

I noticed you were doing a SS pony, if you're deflocking them do that first or the dye catches in the flocking, and if you're just cleaning them it is best to hold them perpendicular to the water line so gravity does the work and the flock won't stain. Maybe make the pony a makeshift stand so they can dry safest.

I'm sure there are more detailed guides out there, mlp preservation project for instance, but that is the basics.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:04:41 AM by Kitten Mittens »

Offline lindsayrose1985

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 07:12:16 AM »
Powder tends to stain certain colours less and personally I find the powder far more managable to measure.

I noticed you were doing a SS pony, if you're deflocking them do that first or the dye catches in the flocking, and if you're just cleaning them it is best to hold them perpendicular to the water line so gravity does the work and the flock won't stain. Maybe make the pony a makeshift stand so they can dry safest.

I'm sure there are more detailed guides out there, mlp preservation project for instance, but that is the basics.

thanks a lot :) yes she's being deflocked she's so dirty /stained even after a wash and has big bald areas on her wings and neck :(. I will deflock first then dye her after :)
I will check that site out I always forget about it  :blush:

Kitten Mittens

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
No problem. Good luck with your pony restoring adventures!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal