collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Worst Pony Name You've Ever Heard  (Read 11276 times)

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Worst Pony Name You've Ever Heard
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2014, 01:07:05 AM »
Oh dear, this topic comes up often between me and my partner!  :lmao:

'Toilet humour' names make me giggle :P
- Steamer
- Floater (ugh)
- Whizzer
- Windy
- Tootie Tails
- Seawinkle (eww)
- Trickles (down your leg? yuck)
- Puddles

Names with adult double-meanings:
- Streaky
- Morning Glory (I'm a florist, and as much as I know this is a flower I just can't help a snigger when I hear it!)
- Pillow Talk
- First Base (US Slugger)
- Doodles and Noodles
- Swinger
- Player

Other names that irk me:
- Nightcap
- Jabber and Jebber (What IS a Jebber?? Why does one want to jab me?)
- Sticky and Sniffles (oh yeah, snot ponies, fantastic)
- Banana Surprise (SURPRISE! It's a banana! *nudge nudge, wink wink*)
- Shovels (this pony sounds like she has a career in the grave digging business to me)
- Fifi (why not name one Rufus? What about Fido? No?)
- Sweet Stuff (is 'stuff' the best they could do? Really?)
- Up, Up and Away (Really? This name is just annoying, it's more a sentence than a name)
- Pink Dreams (What?)
- Munchy (what disturbs me most is she has hot dogs and other meat products as her cutie mark, she also reminds me of people who get 'the munchies' after some recreational substance use)
- Tossles (just toss her away! Not really, I think she is lovely, but her name makes me think she should be tossed :/)
- Woosie (I know it's supposed to be that she is a fraidy cat, but I can't help but pronounce it as though she is a tad tipsy)
- Baby Graffiti (makes me think this one is a spray painting pony)
- Baby Ribbs (mmm tasty, tasty pony)
- Foamy (rabies pony!)
- Songster (just, what?)
- Dangles (what, exactly, is dangling?)
- Frilly Flower (not sure, but this one just sounds odd)
- Fancy Flower (again, sounds odd)
- Pina Colada (mmm, yum!)
- Happyglow (lame)

There are probably others, but I think that's enough text! :lmao:

These ponies are all lovely, I would love to own them all one day, but some of their names, deary me! Yep, I'm a bit picky and I do have a bit of a gutter mind, but some of these names, my mind just links one thing to another! Bad mind, bad! lol

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »
- Foamy (rabies pony!)

:lmao:

I always hated Streaky's name, too, its just... let's not go there.  :blush: I've called her Treble Clef instead.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »
Oh dear, this topic comes up often between me and my partner!  :lmao:

'Toilet humour' names make me giggle :P
- Steamer
- Floater (ugh)
- Whizzer
- Windy
- Tootie Tails
- Seawinkle (eww)
- Trickles (down your leg? yuck)
- Puddles

Names with adult double-meanings:
- Streaky
- Morning Glory (I'm a florist, and as much as I know this is a flower I just can't help a snigger when I hear it!)
- Pillow Talk
- First Base (US Slugger)
- Doodles and Noodles
- Swinger
- Player

Other names that irk me:
- Nightcap
- Jabber and Jebber (What IS a Jebber?? Why does one want to jab me?)
- Sticky and Sniffles (oh yeah, snot ponies, fantastic)
- Banana Surprise (SURPRISE! It's a banana! *nudge nudge, wink wink*)
- Shovels (this pony sounds like she has a career in the grave digging business to me)
- Fifi (why not name one Rufus? What about Fido? No?)
- Sweet Stuff (is 'stuff' the best they could do? Really?)
- Up, Up and Away (Really? This name is just annoying, it's more a sentence than a name)
- Pink Dreams (What?)
- Munchy (what disturbs me most is she has hot dogs and other meat products as her cutie mark, she also reminds me of people who get 'the munchies' after some recreational substance use)
- Tossles (just toss her away! Not really, I think she is lovely, but her name makes me think she should be tossed :/)
- Woosie (I know it's supposed to be that she is a fraidy cat, but I can't help but pronounce it as though she is a tad tipsy)
- Baby Graffiti (makes me think this one is a spray painting pony)
- Baby Ribbs (mmm tasty, tasty pony)
- Foamy (rabies pony!)
- Songster (just, what?)
- Dangles (what, exactly, is dangling?)
- Frilly Flower (not sure, but this one just sounds odd)
- Fancy Flower (again, sounds odd)
- Pina Colada (mmm, yum!)
- Happyglow (lame)

There are probably others, but I think that's enough text! :lmao:

These ponies are all lovely, I would love to own them all one day, but some of their names, deary me! Yep, I'm a bit picky and I do have a bit of a gutter mind, but some of these names, my mind just links one thing to another! Bad mind, bad! lol

Yes, someone else who doesn't like the name Graffiti!

LOL. I think "jabber" is sometimes slang for yakking away, so I imagine Jabber is a chatterbox. :)

And Trickles ... ewww, yes.

Swinger and Player definitely make me raise eyebrows. I wonder how they got away with those.

LuckyTwirlerina

« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
LOL. I think "jabber" is sometimes slang for yakking away, so I imagine Jabber is a chatterbox. :)

And Trickles ... ewww, yes.

Swinger and Player definitely make me raise eyebrows. I wonder how they got away with those.

I've seen a fair few parrot toys named Jabber so I always assumed it had something to do with talking/chattering, too? ie "jibber jabber"

I always figured Swinger was a reference to swing music/dance. But I cannot wrap my head around Player... oh well, it was the 80s. This happened before I was born so I have no idea what the slang of the time was, but that does seem odd nowadays... :P

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2014, 01:20:16 PM »
Portabella bugs me. She is a pretty pony but, portabella mushrooms are ugly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2014, 08:44:20 PM »
Morning Glory was one of my favourite G2 ponies as a child and I can't talk about her to my boyfriend without him bursting into fits and giggles and me going IT'S A FLOWER OKAY exasperatedly. I still think she's a beautiful pony and I love her name I just wish it didn't have the double meaning!  :yikes:

Jolly is a pretty pony, white and blonde and delicate and I just didn't think it fit her XD
  I also thought she was white, but she is listed under green at the reference site Strawberryreef
she is very clear green aqua :) I just added her few weeks back .
:)
and on her name ,yes is a very simple name for an awesome pony:)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »
I always figured Swinger was a reference to swing music/dance. But I cannot wrap my head around Player... oh well, it was the 80s. This happened before I was born so I have no idea what the slang of the time was, but that does seem odd nowadays... :P
Player is called Player because she plays her guitar, I think.

I don't exactly hate these names, but sometimes the pony names which are either "this and that" for one pony, or sound like a phrase rather than a name.  What I mean for the former, are ponies such as Tux 'n Tails, Satin 'n Lace, and Always and Forever and for the former I mean ones like "Up Up and Away" (as Ariadna mentioned).  I still like the names, but I just can't wrap my head around how these ponies would work in the show if they appeared (which they never did) it just seems odd to have a phrase as a name.

I'm not a huge fan of "Sweetie Drops" either.  It's not just because I liked Bon Bon better, it just doesn't sound right to me for some reason.  I get that it's meant to sound like a kind of candy, but I just feel they could have done something else.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2014, 10:02:12 AM »
Player is called Player because she plays her guitar, I think.

:lol: Hasbro put a lot of thought into that one!! haha!

I'm not a huge fan of "Sweetie Drops" either.  It's not just because I liked Bon Bon better, it just doesn't sound right to me for some reason.  I get that it's meant to sound like a kind of candy, but I just feel they could have done something else.

I agree Sweetie Drops are definitely a candy but not a good name, I think. It's difficult to say the two words quickly, while Bon Bon rolls off the tongue easier (plus it's the name of a G1 pony that almost has the same coloring and symbol!)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
I don't hate them but I think some name.. elements are overused to a point I cringe a bit when I see them.
For example "Wishes", "Strawberry" or "Sweet". Also Sparkle/Dazzle/Shimmer to some extend.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
I don't hate them but I think some name.. elements are overused to a point I cringe a bit when I see them.
For example "Wishes", "Strawberry" or "Sweet". Also Sparkle/Dazzle/Shimmer to some extend.
I misread that and thought you were saying that there was a pony called Sparkle Dazzle Shimmer.  I really hope that Hasbro doesn't get THAT bright idea any time soon. :lol:

northern lights

« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »
I must agree Happyglow is incredibly lame. c;
Pillow Talk and Floater .... I feel like they should've known with Pillow Talk =/

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »
I misread that and thought you were saying that there was a pony called Sparkle Dazzle Shimmer.  I really hope that Hasbro doesn't get THAT bright idea any time soon. :lol:

Probably too late, it's jinxed now. It will happen.  :lol:

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal