collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Two new artsy images  (Read 880 times)

SnowsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
Two new artsy images
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »
Most folks on here won't even know me now.  I haven't posted in soooooo long. Too many little folk are so gungho over FIM it's almost sad.  I grew up with the G1 ponies and I wish they could come back.  Those big bubble heads on the new ponies .... ugh!  Granted, the show is uber cute but....

So!  Had some art to share.  I don't have internet at home anymore so I can't post or even browse like I used too.  One of them is a re-color of an image I had done previously, like a year ago, but the coloring was terrible because the markers I used just didn't mix well with the paper I had at the time. 

I'm posting links because... well, it's about the only way I can do it.  So please forgive my computer illiteracy!

http://equigoyle.deviantart.com/art/Gifts-from-a-Flashy-Suitor-updated-466387874

This first one is entitled; Gifts from a Flashy Suitor.  If I remember correctly it was a contest entry for Valentines where we mixed the generations.  I knew I wanted to do Rarity but I couldn't figure out which other pony I could pair her with.  So I browsed some of the G1 ponies and found Cloud Dreamer.  This pony was originally a mare - as they ALL are, except for the Big Brothers and Mountain Boys and Loving Family Fathers and such . . . . so I changed the GIRL into a GUY because there's just not enough good looking stallions.  And it worked.  This re-color is much nicer than the original.  Cloud Dreamer's color scheme is much truer to the actual figurine's color scheme, and the colors are softer.  The only thing I HATE about it is the way the scanner botched the colors.  Why are scanners made for the home so pale?  I get images scanned professionally and they come out great!  Go figure.... :P

http://equigoyle.deviantart.com/art/Meet-Cocoa-Berry-Mint-466390427

And this little lady is Cocoa Berry Mint.  She was a sudden inspiration and I was never able to finish coloring her.  In fact, her illustration and the one above were supposed to be completed ALL the way back in February of this year, but no go.  Personal situations just got in the way, so TWO Valentines images are .... what? Five months late?  Yeah me!

If you can't tell by the image . . .  she really LOVES chocolate.  And chocolate covered strawberries. If I ever get the chance to doodle her again I think I'll put more pink in her mane and tail.  Wasn't enough for my liking but all in all I think her image turned out great. 

I haven't been able to do a commission thread... at least not that I remember, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to.  It's hard when you don't have internet at home....  However, I am open to commissions.  The only problem is PMing me if you're interested won't work because I'm not sure how often I could get it. If you ever want a commission - and heave knows I'd be glad to doodle more ponies - email me, please?  I think my email is in my profile....

Just no PG-13 or R-rated themes, please?  No girl on girl or guy on guy stuff.  Not my thing. Friendship images and romances between Stallions and Mares.... totally acceptable!  Family images ... definitely!

Once my situation changes I may be able to do a full fledged commission thread with prices and examples and stuff, but right now... I just need a job.  :(

Okay! So now that this stranger has TOTALLY invaded the arena...I'm off!  More to do elsewhere.... :D

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Re: Two new artsy images
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 06:06:17 PM »
Your art is adorable!  I love your style, and the ponies have so much expression in their face! Just gorgeous :)

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »
I remember you and your work from DA! :) I always loved your style, the G1 influences are clear but so is your own contribution to the style, and I love the real horse features you blend in. You've got a great hang of equine anatomy and that also brings a lot to your MLP drawings!

Both drawings are lovely but I especially like the first one, there are just so many details to look at, and Rarity's confused expression is priceless! I love your soft colouring too. Sorry to hear about your internet; I hope you'll nevertheless post more of your work here when you have the chance! :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SnowsLove

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
I most definitely will!  Thanks for your comments!

You're ... how do you spell it again? Sheyaih?  From DA right?  Too cool!

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:10:16 PM »

Nope, Shaiyeh is Shaiyeh here, too. :) I go by Haawan on DA. And you're most welcome ^^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »
Ooh beautiful artwork!

You can basically right click the image on dA and click 'copy image url' then come here and insert that url in:

[ img] link here [ /img]

With no spacing.

Although I think that's hotlinking? So you could upload to photobucket or someplace and copy the image URL from there.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 06:56:06 PM »
Your art is so pretty.  I love your style keep at it!!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:16:30 PM »
:wave: It's good to see you back!!! :) I love how your ponies look horsey instead of so stylized. And Cocoa Berry Mint is super adorable!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »

Nope, Shaiyeh is Shaiyeh here, too. :) I go by Haawan on DA. And you're most welcome ^^

Yup, here I am! But I made Griffin's ava, maybe that's why you were confused? :)
I really love your art :D I know I never fav or comment on dA, but I blame all the group deviations swamping up my inbox. so I'll just go ahead and comment here, and follow your links to fav x).

I really like your style of ponies, how they look more horse-y. And so much detail! The first one is so cute, Rarity has such an expression on her face x)
And I hear ya on scanners. Why indeed does everything turn out so PALE!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SnowsLove

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
Thank you!  :)

Post Merge: July 17, 2014, 04:07:24 PM

Ah, gotcha!  Thanks!  :)

Post Merge: July 17, 2014, 04:08:27 PM

:wave: It's good to see you back!!! :) I love how your ponies look horsey instead of so stylized. And Cocoa Berry Mint is super adorable!

Thank you!  She was fun to work on. :)

Post Merge: July 17, 2014, 04:10:00 PM

Yup, here I am! But I made Griffin's ava, maybe that's why you were confused? :)
I really love your art :D I know I never fav or comment on dA, but I blame all the group deviations swamping up my inbox. so I'll just go ahead and comment here, and follow your links to fav x).

I really like your style of ponies, how they look more horse-y. And so much detail! The first one is so cute, Rarity has such an expression on her face x)
And I hear ya on scanners. Why indeed does everything turn out so PALE!

I know!  Scanners suck so bad!  At least the ones for home.  And thanks for your comments.  I prefer the more 'horsey' look myself.  The stylized look can be fun but .... meh.

:)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 04:10:00 PM by SnowsLove »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal