collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Extreme Collectors ~ featuring a MLP collector  (Read 9301 times)

Twinkler00

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Extreme Collectors ~ featuring a MLP collector
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »
(This was cross posted to the thread on the TP)

Okay, you guys are the best!

To  answer a few questions:

My friend applied for a different show on tattoos and saw they were casting for "extreme collectors" I submitted photos of my pony room to a producer

For the next few weeks (even though they weren't looking for more collectors) her and I exchanged information. She wanted to photos of individual stuff, prices, etc etc

I was a little hesitant about the whole price thing because, well, I didn't want everyone to assume EVERY pony is worth money.....but most people already do that. LOL
So I went for it.

After the producer came to see my show, she let me know I had been approved and well, the rest was history!!

The host, Andrew and I really get along :)
He told me he thought they were nuts when they suggest my little ponies. He said "but I am a serious antique dealer!"
But the more he (and apparently they had a team of 4-5 researchers as well) looked into it the more they couldn't believe it! Hahahaha.

I had no idea he went in with a pen and paper and added it all up for the camera. I am assuming they had a number ready and knew certain things prices they could have him write down.

I was sad that I had to remove a couch and a table (the table holds my paradise estate) out of the room to fit the equipment (they had a team of 4-5 people plus andrew) and they also didn't appraise what wasn't shown (which is like, nearly every G3 MIB. Hahahaha. I went a little nuts with those and then packed them away) as well as all the goodies I didn't dig out of my closet like the bag/knapsack collection/pillow buddies

Overall the experience has been my best yet.
This was my 4th time being on television with my collection since I began collecting
And hopefully in the next few months, the documentary that I was in will be released as well :)

Thank you all for your wonderful nice comments and support! It means a lot to me!! <3

*Twinks*

I'm going to record the MLP bit with camtasia and upload to youtube if anyone wants to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKLXmmCgdbM

There we go!

THANK YOU for doing that to share it with our USA friends!! :D

BlondePonyTail

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
Thanks for posting that!!! It was GREAT!

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2013, 01:21:08 AM »
for the german show "trödeltrupp" they are selling a small g1collection (less then 200)! right now, they are looking for interested buyers they could film (via kijiji). will keep you updated and link the show :)

Water_Fire

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2013, 01:44:06 AM »
Just watched the video, so cool! I did yell 'OH MY GOD LOOK AT HER MIMIC' at the laptop when they showed her, lol!

Really impressed with the segment, it was nice that the show just showed the collection for what it was. I approve!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2013, 02:59:00 AM »
I had to watch it again. I think that it was so neat that they buy seemed excited about it all also. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal