collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: $13 to ship one pony?!?!  (Read 2041 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: $13 to ship one pony?!?!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »
There is a change in the service all my parcels from america now arrive by courier to the door rather than through the postie who use to drop them off in the letterbox

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 06:18:19 AM »
I'm so tired of high shipping costs -__- it's killing my ability to sell anything. Even small items, like an auction I have for 4 G1 combs, brushes, and barrettes is $15.80 shipping to the US :| that's why I started the auction at $2. Oh well, at least that high price DOES include coverage and confirmation... still, SO pricey D: I have bids on 3 items right now, which is going to be $12 profit for me and close to $50.00 to ship it all. Bleh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 09:12:53 AM »
Wait a minute ... international shipments now come with a tracking number?  An actual tracking number, or the custom's form number?  I've been to different post offices, and they've all told me that you cannot get a tracking on an international package.

Only Priority
First class customs # still does not provide tracking.

First Class is now supposed to included delivery confirmation to certain countries (there's a list around somewhere).  The tracking to Canada has been in place for several months and has worked pretty well.  The other countries were added about a month ago.  So far, the tracking worked on my package to New Zealand but not to the UK (I've had Priority tracking occasionally not work there either).  I did have a package get scanned in France, but it doesn't show as delivered, and I haven't heard from the buyer to know for sure whether it arrived.  The only other country I've shipped to since they added the tracking is Brazil and that hasn't been scanned since leaving the country nor have I heard from the buyer (it's been long enough that it should have arrived).  Tracking within the US has improved though - only one package I've sent since they added the feature has missed being scanned on its way out of the country.

I always cringe when I have to get an international shipping quote for someone and am amazed at how often the buyers don't seem to mind.  It does kill a lot of trades though and some sales do fall apart too.  I particularly hate it when the shipping costs more than the items.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 09:57:14 AM »
Not true anymore if your package isn't over 1 inch in thickness it's considered First Class to ship overseas and you can not buy tracking and they do not supply tracking or customs forms. I mailed a package of MH Shoes to Pink and asked her if she wanted a box or bubble wrap for obvious cheaper shipping reasons. I got there assuming they would do a customs form which has at least the Customs tracking number on it..nope I kept asking the Postal Worker if I could pay extra for tracking and he kept saying no they do not do that anymore because of people filing false claims because of certain countries NOT scanning in the packages and using the tracking numbers.

Infact I am having problems with a member over this and I told her I have no proof that the item didn't arrive as other packages I sent to her have and they never scanned them in. It was a large order too money wise she did not want insurance added onto shipping. She has poor communication and to my knowledge has not tried to locate the package on her end. While I have contacted my post office by phone AND gone there physically and have been told the same thing. They did not scan it once it got into their country, I have proof it made it over there and they do as well and that it left the United States. So it's on the other side and can not issue a refund etc and I have no proof that the item didn't show there and she is having buyer remorse. So I told her point blank I can not issue a refund until the items show back up here on my door step. I would make a post about it but honestly there is nothing that can be done about it and I actually made a post standing up for and supporting this person and wish I didn't. I will not be doing a transaction with her again or anyone in South America because they do not scan in Customs Forms or Tracking Numbers.

Unfortunately earlier this year the US post service did a 40% increase in their out of country shipping. :( It made things very difficult for a lot of collectors and online buyers/sellers. The only good thing about it is that out of country shipping now automatically comes with a tracking number, which makes purchased a little safer. But yeah, costly now. -_- I don't know of any alternatives.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 11:01:53 AM »
Recently I've been working on selling off part of my collection.
I've had many inquires from the UK. Never in all of my sales have I ever paid more than $7 to ship a single pony.
I went to the post office to double check a shipping quote. $12.75 to ship ONE pony with no insurance to Great Britan! 

I didn't want to believe it, so I just went to a different post office in my town and they came up with the same total.
I literally feel so sick to my stomach. This makes shipping to other countries basically unaffordable for me and unaffordable for people to buy from me! 

I highly doubt the Ups or FedEx is any cheaper, since they have always been the pricier alternatives. >.<

Does anyone use any other methods to ship?

Sadly it's about the same on this end, too :( Cheapest starts at about...$7 for up to 100g, I think? No tracking. Tracking is 3x the price and isn't even guaranteed to be tracked once it has left the country :( I remember fondly when I could get a bubble envelope with a bunch of stuff shipped to me for the US for less than $5.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »
And still, at least for me, $13.00, even as expensive as it is, doesn't equals to the +- $10.00 next-day shipping method where I have a lot of trouble with (*censored* Estafeta, Multipack, etc. that never find my address!!).

It's barely triple the price than shipping nationaly for me (but it's up to a kilo for +- $5.00...  but not many ponies to buy for the same people), so that's why sometimes I still prefer from US when it's for 2-3 cheap/decent priced ponies than locally one expensive pony at a time -.-

Don't worry, doing maths still halp selling ponies =)  Maybe not as fast as one would like to buy/bough but it's still possible when comparing local prices.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 11:13:42 PM »
Sadly, it's been $13 since January... I can't stand it. At least it gest much more "reasonable" when you get larger "weights" to ship. :( I hates it. Been killing my trades internationally... I feel like I don't have as many overseas trade penpal type people as I used to when things were like, half that cost! :(
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

BittieBaby

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 05:37:37 AM »
I feel your pain.  Canada Post is just like that.  I'm selling my G1 collection off right now and even for me to send 1 pony within Canada, it's $12,  I can send about 3 to the US for $8.  It makes NO sense, and is really hurting my sales :/

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
The USPS is jacking up prices right now, according the the news they other day. They are in a financial crisis right now. Apparently making far less money than they take in? Personally, I still get as much mail as my parents did pre-internet. So I don't see it, but perhaps the cost to transport mail is getting too much with gas/fuel/wages costs.

I take advantage of the flat rate shipping whenever it comes out cheaper, but for one pony, that does seem steep! It cost me $60 to ship a relatively small parcel to Australia once, but I had already quoted my customer a certain price, so I bit the bullet to keep from getting any negative feedback, but it still stunk.

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
shipping is insane anymore overseas. I had shipping shock recently too when i shipped a G4 single to Canada and it was $8! it used to be like $3 if that! I completely understand your frustration.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »
I had an eBay buyer from Russia ask me how much it would cost to send the Ponyville Teapot Palace.

$85

>_<

It's insanity!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »
I had an eBay buyer from Russia ask me how much it would cost to send the Ponyville Teapot Palace.

$85

>_<

It's insanity!

:faint:
You've got to be kidding me!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 10:41:44 PM »

$85

>_<

It's insanity!
   why  85??, how many lbs is this Set?
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal