collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: COLOUR SWAP Brag Thread Wheeeee!  (Read 19761 times)

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
COLOUR SWAP Brag Thread Wheeeee!
« on: September 11, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
So, everyone, I have the incredible honour of starting our brag thread for the colour swap.
And oh boy, what a brag it is!! You guys aren't gonna believe it.... Seriously.

I received my box from....Mikeysgrrrl!!! We've all been drooling over her box since she posted the teasers and I had the amazing good luck of being her partner! She absolutely spoiled me. I am generally a loud bouncy person, but I spent almost a half an hour just unwrapping everything super slowly and quietly. I gasped and ouu'ed and aaaahh'd. I couldn't believe my eyes as I opened things.
And then I cried.
Yep. Cried.
You'll understand when you see everything... :)

So here we go...!!
First, the goodies all wrapped. The wrapping job was absolutely beautiful. Got my colours to the tee, and some beautiful adorable stickers that were all peeled off and saved in an envelope. It was so hard to get all the presents in the picture, the box was huge and stuffed full!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A close up of some of the adorable stickers (ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS ELEPHANTS) and a beautiful pink butterfly clip on that is still searching for a permanent home in my room.

And here's the extras!

DO YOU SEE THAT SAILOR MOON DOOL?! Is that not he most amazing extra you've ever seen in your whole entire life?! I think it iiisss! Ohmygosh I love it. There's also some adorable sailor moon valentines and stickers that I'm in love with. I was freaking out over the sailor moon madness! You can't really see it well in the photo but there's also an adorable stationary set that I can't wait to use for writing letters to go inside trade boxes and such!  There's an adorable book on elephants (the first thing I opened!) and a beautiful card with an elephant ON STAGE. Sooo me :D
I screamed when I opened the marshmallows because I've been telling my girlfriend (who works at a chocolate shop) how bad I want chocolate covered marshmallows. So now I have a huge adorable bag of marshmallows for making my favourite snack! How did you know?!?! I know I didn't mention marshmallows... :D eeee! There's also some really cute sticker tape, elephant sticklers of cuteness, mini bubblegum machine (yumm!), bubble gum tape (oooo my childhood!), a butterfly windchime, a cd case, hello kitty crosswords and bubbles and mcds toy, and these incredible keyboard stickers!theyre so cute and I've never seen anything like them before. I have a big scary gaming laptop that will be so much cuter once It had those stickers on all the keys!! That was definitely a gift I couldn't imagine and didn't know I would love so much!

Not pictured: a lollipop that I ate while opening presents, and cute metal photo holders in the shape of flowers that my roommate swiftly claimed for our living room.

There was also a gift for my girlfriend! What could it be I wonder? She will kill me if I open it for her, so, keep checking back for the mystery to be revealed...

So those were what I like too affectionately call, the extra extras.. Then there's the Customizing Extras (yep, they get their own full section.). They came inside a super cute carnival tin which I will probably use for eating popcorn or storing candy hehe.

So as you can see, there's four hanks of dolly hair in amazing colours of the swap (ohmygoooossh I've never held dolly hair in my life before! I've only ever done yarn rehairs. I CANNOT WAIT TO TRY.) there's also clay!! Ive never sculpted with clay before in my whole life either so I cannot wait to experiment, and read up on it and learn and yay!! Theres also little jewels for decorating, and two bright pink plastic tail washers. Also Mikeysgrrrl included a bait cotton candy for me to customize! Wheeee! Im so spoiled. I cannot wait to make adorable ponies with this stuff! Thank you so much :)

And then.... THE PONAYS.

Lulu luck, Glimmer Wings Ploomette (she is SO GORGEOUS in person. I'm in love with her!! so much) and GIANT TALKING QUEEN CELESTIA AND SHE'S WHITE AND OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WWOOOWWW! I. LOVE. HER.

and that's it.

HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING.....

CUSTOMS. So, the first is a beautiful pinkie pie with freaking tinsel in her freaking hair, which must be so hard to do and I'm so impressed by Mikeyssgrrrl's crazy amazing skills and he has stars and I loe stars and she's so. Freaking, beautiful.

And as if that wasn't enough, Mikeysgrrrl went on to make me a persona pony. This is where i cried...(happy tears of course, also shock and amazement)... It's got a star, and a treble clef, and the drama masks. And her colours are absolutely perfect and she even came with a gigantic beautiful bow. I feel like somehow Mikeysgrrrl knew me so well, she made a persona pony of me that I could never have come up with on my own, let alone had the skill to make as well as she did. Ill upload better photos soon but I wanted to get this all up tonight.

And last, about certainly not least, she painted me this beautiful painting...

The photo doesn't do it justice. The pink balloons sparkle, and it's black tie pinkie pie who I am absolutely in love with. I would rather have received this painting than a million ponies.

This was such an incredible box, I can't even call it a box. It was an experience. I loved absolutely everything I received and I am beyond happy. Beyond ecstatic. I'm so overcome by Mikeysgrrrl's generosity and artistic talent and kindness and ... Aaaaahh I might cry again.

This swap is going down as one of the happiest memories ever. And in the midst of university chaos, and stress and sadness I couldn't have asked for a better box to receive.

The personal touches really are what made this box so special, and I am so inspired to pay it forward and pass this kindness, generosity and attention to detail on to my own partner. 

Thank you soo much Mikeysgrrrl, ! Ill never be able to thank you enough. I hope we can be pony friends forever :)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 08:24:24 PM by Chaosette »

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Re: COLOUR SWAP Brag Thread Wheeeee!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »
What a great box! Wow look at all those extras :) Congrats on such a wonderful box of goodness!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »
That was a very good swap :) I love that art :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »
Awww Chaosette, you almost made me cry reading your brag :) I'm truly moved and sooooo happy that you loved everything in your box. Your persona custom was one of my most favourite things to make, I knew that you said you didn't have a cutie mark, so I came up with one that I truly believe showcases your personality, especially with your love for theatre.

The pink rings that you called washers, are actually pony bracelets to add on to your customs lol.
I'm thrilled that you loved your painting, hubby watched me working on that and he didn't want it to leave the house, same with your persona custom.
As for the pinkie pie custom (I just repainted her eyes and symbol and styled her hair, don't want to take credit for rehairing her, she was ordered just to make you your very own custom pinkie variant  ;)

Sailor Moon was a winning choice, I knew it the second I saw her that you would love her, so I had to get her :)

All in all, I'm so happy that you loved your box. Hours of time, energy and tons of thought went into it, and it shows, which is great! Can't wait to hear what you and your girlfriend think of her gift... don't keep us waiting too long  :P

I can see us becoming great pony friends,

Much love

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
What an awesome brag and great way to start this off!  :biggrin: Looove those elephant stickers, too cute!  Keep em comin!

Offline fireglides

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Crazy Scottie Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
Wow, what a truly amazing box! Our first box set a high and lovely standard. :)  Great art, too!
:good: Selling my collection -  take a peek! :nerdy:
   500 ponies - G1, G2, G3, G4 - includes Mail Orders, Comic Con, etc.

Includes other 80s items with more coming soon...

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »
What an amazing first box!  Great job, MikeysGrrl, and mega congrats to you Chaosette!  That is a hard box to top!

Were your colours pink and green?

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »
Pink and white :) most notable in the wrapping, and the customs :D and the three hasbro ponies, too!  Hehe yay! Such a good job!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
Amazing and thoughtful swap box! I love your custom pony; she's a work of art with so cuteness.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »
wow that's a gorgeous custom persona too, great box, congrats! Can you please put a swap icon in the first post so its easier to follow this thread please?
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
Oh wow :D What an amazing box! Besides the incredible amount of items, the thought put into your box is super impressive! And I soo want that Celestia
Major congrats Chaosette, and great work MikeysGrrrl!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 10:11:28 PM »
Stalking the brag thread xP. Great brag so far! This looks like a neat swap!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 12:23:45 AM »
Wow.  You were totally spoiled, Chaosette!  I really like that G3 custom you got :cheer:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 12:42:02 AM »
wow! that;s awesome.
what were your colors? did i miss it?

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:09 AM »
Pink and White were the colors I believe :biggrin:

And that box was AMAZING!! I feel so bad I'm still so far from shipping... but wow this swap started out with a BANG! And very beautiful! :heart: Great job Mikeys!! Congrats Chaosette you deserve a huge box of spoilage!! :cheer:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal