collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Firefly and Illustrated Book  (Read 37888 times)

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
Re: Firefly and Illustrated Book
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 08:15:30 PM »
Awww cute pictures Aquatic Neon! Really hoping this is Firefly I love her!
Sonnet Scroll by Nence
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »
Lot's of speculation on EQD saying she will be Rainbow's mom and there is a LOT of support too! Didn't see any negativity and they are mostly bronies on there, just saying I think everyone is in full support for Firefly to be her mother.

Firefly is one of the most popular G1s with bronies, up there with Surprise. :) No surprise there!

This is really exciting! If this is indeed a G4 Firefly and it does well, that opens the door for... well, who knows what?
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 08:45:58 PM »
I'm all for this, however it turns out. And I have no problem with non canon pairings or parents of...being picked up as legit. It happens all the time in other fandoms,MLP is no different.

As a child G1 Firefly was one of my favorites and it would be great. To see her get a nod in some way. Even if in the name only.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »
Definitely curious to see what this actually is. But I guess I'm in the minority in pretty strongly disliking the idea of the G1 characters as the parents of the G4 characters. I mean, if that's the direction they go, eh, I'll live, but I'd rather they kept the storylines separate, much as I like both.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
Definitely curious to see what this actually is. But I guess I'm in the minority in pretty strongly disliking the idea of the G1 characters as the parents of the G4 characters. I mean, if that's the direction they go, eh, I'll live, but I'd rather they kept the storylines separate, much as I like both.

I am going to consider them alternate universes.  Hey, EG even makes alternate universes canon!   I'm just excited to see my some of my favorite childhood characters getting some love ( and hopefully an official toy)

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 05:51:44 PM »
I'm hoping this isn't an April Fool's joke since it is set for delivery between April 25-29th.  I just ordered.  Guess we'll see.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
The title of the book sounds odd. Like is it supposed to be "Firefly and the Illustrated Book" or "Firefly, An Illustrated Book" (like a drawing tutorial thing)?

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »

^ So interesting.  I mean, it couldn't be the exact same Firefly who sought help by flying over a rainbow to find a human instead of going to Celestia.  I always wondered how she knew about humans before even meeting megan... and wasn't weirded out by Megan's horse.   Humans lived in Ponyland as well.  Scorpan turned into a human prince.  There is a kingdom of humans somewhere in Equestria? So how could Twilight Sparkle not know about humans after all her studies?  And what about Baby Firefly?  Would she then be Rainbow Dash's sister?  What happened to Scorpan's kingdom? Where are all the humans?

I'd really love a Firefly in G4 form.  I just don't know about mixing them together like that.  I always thought that G1 was kind of ancient history for G4 ponies.  Is Firefly a time traveler or is there simply a Firefly in every generation?  Or does she skip generations?

This is why I"m just happy to collect the toys I guess. :)
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 12:21:24 PM »

I am actually with you. The cartoons are secondary to me in comparison to the toys and in some ways while I would love to see a G4 toy version of Firefly [just because of the G1 flashback] I am not necessarily a massive fan of tying the generations up in this way. It feels a little forced sometimes.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 01:09:58 PM »

^ So interesting.  I mean, it couldn't be the exact same Firefly who sought help by flying over a rainbow to find a human instead of going to Celestia.  I always wondered how she knew about humans before even meeting megan... and wasn't weirded out by Megan's horse.   Humans lived in Ponyland as well.  Scorpan turned into a human prince.  There is a kingdom of humans somewhere in Equestria? So how could Twilight Sparkle not know about humans after all her studies?  And what about Baby Firefly?  Would she then be Rainbow Dash's sister?  What happened to Scorpan's kingdom? Where are all the humans?

I'd really love a Firefly in G4 form.  I just don't know about mixing them together like that.  I always thought that G1 was kind of ancient history for G4 ponies.  Is Firefly a time traveler or is there simply a Firefly in every generation?  Or does she skip generations?

*Shrugs*   I guess I don't see how this is any different than having Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash in both G3 and G4.  Same character designs, different reality.

Plus, we already have G4 Applejack and no one is trying to suggest that she is the same Applejack who traveled with Megan to Midnight Castle.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:15:08 PM by Sunset »

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 01:25:57 PM »
^I get that.  I just think that if it isn't the same Firefly, then it really much of a tie-in.   Just like the two different Applejacks are just two ponies that strongly resemble each other.  It would still be amazing to have her as a G4 toy.  But, I still prefer her G1 character.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

phoenixsoul85

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »
Um, so the info page said something about the book being 39 pages.  Did any one else see that?

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 07:50:36 PM »
Um, so the info page said something about the book being 39 pages.  Did any one else see that?

Hmm... maybe they're planning on releasing Rescue at Midnight Castle as a dvd on its own, and this book is a kids picture book with screenshots as illustrations? I see that a lot, picture books with screenshots from a popular movie, etc.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »

I am actually with you. The cartoons are secondary to me in comparison to the toys and in some ways while I would love to see a G4 toy version of Firefly [just because of the G1 flashback] I am not necessarily a massive fan of tying the generations up in this way. It feels a little forced sometimes.
I'm not a fan of having G1 characters as the parents of the G4 characters mostly because of the actual Generation gap... The G1 time line and land is really in a completely different world from G4... I just don't see how the two would fit at all =/
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »

*Shrugs*   I guess I don't see how this is any different than having Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash in both G3 and G4.  Same character designs, different reality.

Plus, we already have G4 Applejack and no one is trying to suggest that she is the same Applejack who traveled with Megan to Midnight Castle.

Myself, I don't really care for the G4's being made the offspring of G1's, but it can be good if done right, I suppose. We'll just have to wait and see what this is.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:46:10 PM by Firehooves »

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal