collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do all Equestria Girls, standard and deluxe have a huge bald spot?  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do all Equestria Girls, standard and deluxe have a huge bald spot?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
Oh ewww! I'd recommend writing to Hasbro, maybe they'll send you a new one? :/ That's ... pretty bad!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
Oh ewww! I'd recommend writing to Hasbro, maybe they'll send you a new one? :/ That's ... pretty bad!!

I don't think it would make a difference if they're all like that, though.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »
WOW that is just horrible!  :shocked: I'm not a doll collector so I'm not sure if this is the norm, but how cheap is Hasbro!? Like someone else mentioned, these dolls are not intended to just sit on display in 'factory style hairstyle'. These are toys for girls, meant to be played with. I can't imagine a huge bald spot like that not causing disappointment in a lot of young girls as they're playing with the dolls and styling their hair.

$20 doesn't seem that cheap for a doll like the EG dolls. I don't buy them, but I do go down the 'pink' aisle quite a bit and these are not the cheapest by a long shot.

Hmmmm, not to cause trouble for the EG girls, but how about comparing them to their stiffest competition and the series whose popularity they are clearly trying to cash in on?  :devious: How are the Monster High dolls? Do they have a bald spot like this as well?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
Hmmmm, not to cause trouble for the EG girls, but how about comparing them to their stiffest competition and the series whose popularity they are clearly trying to cash in on?  :devious: How are the Monster High dolls? Do they have a bald spot like this as well?

Some MH dolls have thin spots (Twyla seems to suffer from this a lot) but I've never seen one that bad. I have a few CAM wigs where you can see a small portion of scalp most of the time, but that's about the worst.

Of course, as far as I know Equestria Girls don't have the huge gobs of glue in their head that a lot of MH do  :silly:

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 08:49:59 PM »
Dont most cheap dolls have those sort of bald spots? :huh:

But these aren't cheap! They're kinda expensive! I'm interested to see how much a problem this turns out to be. I was disgusted with G3 Momma Dash for this reason. If you can't style the hair, just make it plastic molded hair! Ugh, I hope this is a fluke.
Don't you mean G3.5 Mamma Dash?

Haha, yeah. I guess I ran out of steam before I could add the ".5" part :p

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »
Oooooh my goodness!! That is a NASTY huge bald spot!!! My Twilights dont have that terribly massive bald spot,  that must be a factory error! :( The QC for these just keep getting worse, jeeze!

I do have a problem with my Fluttershy, She has a bald spot I didnt notice until I washed her hair!  She came with a little extension clip I cover it up with.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:35:08 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »
I have an original Rainbow Brite doll I found at a yard sale and if you take down her hair she has awful bald spots. Some dolls are just not intended to have their hair restyled or at the very least require ingenuity to look good.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 12:57:55 AM »

Agreed! At the very least it might make them consider fixing the problem in future? If they're all similar then it's not a QC problem and just....poor thinking? The dolls are supposed to have their hair styled (and anyone who had dolls or had siblings who had dolls knows kids try all kinds of stuff and would find this flaw frustrating if it was really obvious) and for the price a bald patch of that size is kinda unacceptable =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 02:36:08 AM »

I don't think it would make a difference if they're all like that, though.

Well, I'll have to double check my own doll - but from what I've seen so far, they aren't INTENDED to have a big bald spot?! But even if they are, like CupidStrikes says, maybe a complaint would make them reconsider their rooting techniques? >_>
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 04:31:01 AM »
So a toy that's meant to encourage hair play lacks, well, hair? :/

When it has a similar price point to other fashion dolls, that's kind of awful and can't be excused for being a cheap doll when you can clearly see that Equestria Girls' hairstyles aren't even half as styled as Monster high, Bratz, Barbie or La Dee Da. I could understand the hair being thin for hairstyles like ponytails, pigtails, up dos, etc to make the hair less bulky, but for a character like Twilight's, her hair is free flowing and thus encourages to be brushed and styled, and having such a big bald spot makes me incredibly wary of the quality of these dolls. It's quite sad because the more I hear about these dolls, the less excited I am about them.

I really love dolls and I really love My Little Pony. But knowing how cheaply made these are is a disappointment, especially at such a high price.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 05:29:01 AM »
That is so disappointing? :( Peg legs, lack of articulation and now balding!

Normally such corner cutting can be explained by being cheap to purchase but as others have said these dolls price themselves along side the basic MH and only a little cheaper than Pinkie Cooper, Barbie and others. So they cant claim to be designed for the lower end of the doll market. However, I do agree that its something which is, if not common, then something which does happen in a lot of mass market doll lines to varying degrees of intent.

I do understand the disappointment and sometimes I think we simply have too high expectations for our $ and in hoping what Hasbro wont do.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 06:18:07 AM »
Not good!!!
If i wer a girl that opened her new EQG doll, i would have been SO disappointed! The whole point for me of having a doll is to mess with her hair!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 11:50:53 AM »
While I am less than impressed with my Deluxe Fluttershy, I want to say this...

These toys are not collectors items. They are produced and marketed for little children to play with and eventually toss to the side for the next big thing.

Peg feet, molded tops and the lack of articulation VS. the retail price sucks. For the same price I could have gotten a nice MH doll or even two of the cheaper ones ( Roller Derby/ Dance Class ).

I still like my EqG doll though because she is cute, but she's not much more to me than a display toy like Novi Stars or even the Kawaii crush toy line.
Avvie By Watercolors

BowtieG1

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »
So are we generally agreeing that this particular doll is probably a factory error?

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »
I have an original Rainbow Brite doll I found at a yard sale and if you take down her hair she has awful bald spots. Some dolls are just not intended to have their hair restyled or at the very least require ingenuity to look good.

Rainbow Brite dolls had yarn hair though, and were never meant to be brushed - don't believe they came with combs, the original hairstyles were permanently fastened in place. 

This though, on a fashion doll where the whole focus is on dress up and styling... ouch.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal