collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When should I start worrying about shipping from China/Hong Kong?  (Read 743 times)

Offline Jupetto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Trouble maker
    • View Profile
When should I start worrying about shipping from China/Hong Kong?
« on: September 02, 2013, 06:11:44 AM »
3 weeks ago I won an auction on a Nightmare Moon (http://www.ebay.nl/itm/221266271971?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649=) It says that shipping to Europe is 16-40 days.  I still haven't received the item, but when I look at the newest listings from this seller it says 26-40 days for Europe! I know shipping from China is slow, but the long wait worries me. And I not sure what words I should trust from this seller. :( Any  thoughts?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for AJ stuff!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: When should I start worrying about shipping from China/Hong Kong?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:13:54 AM »
 3 months generally.... it can take that long! And you're in the Netherlands, not the US. Don't worry, it'll get to you, seriously, it took 5 weeks just to get my Emerald Rays BB!!

xx

chihua2

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:47:12 AM »
i have bought from this seller a couple of times. I'm from Singapore. My ponies have all arrived so far although they took quite awhile to reach, longer than a month if i recall correctly. Hope you would get yours soon! :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 07:06:24 AM »
Have you been in touch with the seller or did you note the date the item was shipped?

Shipping internationally can always be a hit or miss on speed but you are still well within your paypal window. At this point I would pop the seller an email and simply ask for a shipping date. You can perhaps judge from then as to whether it has been shipping for 3 weeks or a shorter period.

I would not worry too much at this point. While most items should reach you under the 4 week window, its certainly always possible that some things will take much longer than 3 weeks.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Jupetto

• Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 07:21:47 AM »
Thank you, I've seen that generally shipping from China can be either really fast in 2 weeks to ages. I've received parels from friends in the US and i received them in 1 and half week. No idea why chinese shipping is so unreliable when it comes to time.

Have you been in touch with the seller or did you note the date the item was shipped?

Shipping internationally can always be a hit or miss on speed but you are still well within your paypal window. At this point I would pop the seller an email and simply ask for a shipping date. You can perhaps judge from then as to whether it has been shipping for 3 weeks or a shorter period.

I would not worry too much at this point. While most items should reach you under the 4 week window, its certainly always possible that some things will take much longer than 3 weeks.

They noted the item as shipped the day after I paid (14 August). There is no tracking so I couldn't know where the parcel is located now, all I can really do is wait.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:28:29 AM »
If it was shipped 14th August, then you are only just coming up on 3 weeks in the next couple of days. I completely understand the worry and frustration in waiting but right now I would not be too worried :) Just keep an eye on the date you need to file on paypal...just in case.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Chimerick

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
I've ordered from China a few times and I agree it usually takes a few months. No worries! Soon it will arrive!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »
I'm waiting on a couple of China packages (non pony) too, and so far it's been three weeks. I know it's going to take ages, and I'm trying to figure out what to do if it goes over the window... which is why I usually only buy a couple of things at a time, I can manage the loss and usually they don't mind shipping a replacement. But with much larger packages (I got a bit BIN happy) I'm a little wary they may not be as co-operative if it doesn't turn up. I'm thinking since they have great feedback maybe I should not lodge a claim and just wait? Or should I start the process.. just in case? I don't want to be a horrible buyer!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Jupetto

• Trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 05:21:38 AM »
I received her today!! Shes really nice. The only thing I noticed that the return address is from Signapore and on ebay the item location is Hong Kong.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 03:58:13 AM »
Good to hear your item arrived safely! :bigups:  some people have warehouses etc that are in a different location to where they are based themselves - which is probably what happened in this case.
Stormness I would wait until you are nearer your 45 day deadline and contact the seller again to let them know that your items still havent arrived by then and  to protect yourself you have to open a case. let them know that if the item arrives in the meantime you will close the case , or if the  item arrives after you will resend the money. That way they know you arent a bad buyer and will probably be more cooperative

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »
my stuff arrived. I'm super relieved, and I wore a pair of my new earrings when I worked at the election yesterday to help everyone remember my name (they were blingy lightning bolts!) so it worked out great.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 06:28:36 AM »
my stuff arrived. I'm super relieved, and I wore a pair of my new earrings when I worked at the election yesterday to help everyone remember my name (they were blingy lightning bolts!) so it worked out great.

Thats great news :bigups:  :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 11:09:43 PM »
I buy a lot of jewelry supplies on ebay that come from China and it really does take that long sometimes. And I am in the US. It also varies from time to time. Sometimes things ship strangely fast, and sometimes months go by and I almost forget I ever bought it in the first place.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal