collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite type of G4 ponies these days

Brushables
51 (57.3%)
Fashion Style
25 (28.1%)
Vinyl Collectible
6 (6.7%)
Blind Bags
7 (7.9%)
Other G4 types
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Favorite type of G4 ponies poll, and opinions and thoughts  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Favorite type of G4 ponies poll, and opinions and thoughts
« on: August 21, 2013, 05:34:50 AM »
For me I'm really losing faith in brushables and fashion styles, with the non variety of characters, mane 6 getting released over and over, and brushables coming with PAPER for accessories now! Poor Chrysalis.. She has painted on holes rather than accurate real holes in her legs... Fashion Style now seem to only be releasing the mane 6 and the princesses basically, which I really don't like the fact that some of the FS princesses are the same size, the talking versions are a much better size, but still it's irritating. Also the fact that in both lines that poor Luna has never had accurate colors...

When it comes to blind bags they really have come a long way with all these new pose releases! At least Fluttershy isn't in Rainbow Dash's pose anymore right! They really have come out with a lot of really neat characters that I wish they would do with larger sizes as well.... Anyways besides the mane 6 poses, incorrect princess poses and colors... poor Luna :( I'm happy with where they are coming and don't mind collecting these.

As for the Vinyl Collectibles they get my vote, yes some do have their flaws, but I don't really mind because I pick out the best one to keep, and if they have a little dirt you can clear it off easy, sometimes there have been paint errors on some of the new releases, not a huge deal since you can exchange them for another. I love how they have super rare chase versions it makes it a lot of fun to hunt of them, and not to mention the EXTREMELY accurate hair, tail and colors! These are rapidly becoming my favorite due to all the characters being released I have been waiting for, I think they will finally do Princess Luna justice and have correct colors, with an updated vector after her "reborn look" and with her Magic current look!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite type of G4 ponies poll, and opinions and thoughts
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:08:59 AM »
I like Fashion Size the most at the moment.

They line up better for display
They are great for swooshing hair around!
THey're better at holding when trying to sort the hair out after swooshing!!

I mean, really, I would have chosen that and brushable because I love my G4's at the moment. I can keep up to date with the easily enough, they're quite cute to look at.
And I don't really care about show accuracy with colours or eyes etc. And yeah, it's sad there aren't loads of new characters but if there were it'd be overload and I wouldn't be able to keep up.

They're toys, and I make no bones about the fact that I do collect toys. They make me smile and I'm happy with that ^_^

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »
I really like the blind bags.  They're cheap, they were nice enough to give us a way to find the ones we wanted, and they don't take up as much space (unlike my other ponies, the blind bags fit nicely in a little zip up pouch.)  The designs and colors are amazing and the variety of characters keeps me on the look out for new ones. 

If I had to pick a runner up it would be the vinyl figures.  The size and uniqueness of them is what really appeals to me.  Right now I only have 3 of them, but I plan to have all of them.

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:55:01 AM »
Easily the brushables. When I think "My Little Pony", I think brushables.
I have never been a fan of Fashion Styles to be honest, because something about their heads and eyes always looks off to me, they never look as good as they do on the same pony in brushable size. The only ones I don't mind are Rarity and RD. They're the only FS ponies I own.

I have not seen a vinyl up close yet--my city has only just gotten Rainbow in stores so far, but I think I will definitely pick up one or two in the future that I like. I am so picky though, again, their heads/cheeks look funny to me from a front view :/

I like blind bags, but only collect the ones I really like. I only have about 30 so far. I absolutely adore the original pegasus BB mold. A brushable version of this would be to die for!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
I like the brushables best. I agree with Sweetapple, My Little Pony is about brushables.   I also like the blind bags.  I only the collect the ones I like.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 11:59:26 AM »
Isn't the main line called "playful ponies"? I hear "brushables," I include fashion style ponies in the list. Because they're brushable.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »
I still love the brushables the most, along with Fashion Styles and Equestria Girls dolls in second place. Funko ponies are 3rd, yes I know they are not Hasbro, and then the blind bags.
I don't dislike the blind bags, just don't care for them taking over.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
I really like the blind bags/minis. They're really cute, easy to collect, and there are so many different characters!

I do like the brushables and the fashion size ones as well. I love brushing them (who doesn't?), but I don't have the same kind of urge to collect them all.

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »
I love Blind Bag Ponies. :) Especially the glittery and show accurate ones. Princess mold brushables (Like Nightmare Moon) are a close second though. I'm trying not to let myself start collecting the lovely Funko figures, because chase variants are extremely stressful to me, and those are the versions I would want the most! (I love the sparkly translucence.)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
Brushables
Fashion Style

I have a couple of Blind bags, three brushables...that's it. Brushables interest me most (but I am mainly a G1 collector so I like my ponies to have hair) I'm looking into getting fashion style ponies (maybe a couple at the UK Ponycon) not that interested in their accessories just the ponies.

I'm not at all interested in show accuracy. I want to own particular brushables of characters in the show but I'm not bothered if they don't look exactly right. The only thing that bothers me about Chrysalis is the fact that they painted on her holes which I find pointless but can amend when I get round to buying her.

No interest in vinyls/funkos whatever they're called, just not my thing really  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 12:37:57 PM »
The brushables are by far my favorite ^.^ I love their size and they're really cute. I have a few blind bags and I'm happy with how much work is being put into them but I wish all that effort would be put into the brushables :huh: I also really like the Funko vinyl ponies because how how show accurate they are. I really don't like the price of them so I don't have any yet.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »
I agree with the lack of variety in the brushables, but I'm also a G1 collector and these represent the core of the brand for me. I also like the minis but only collect from the sets- the blind bags are usually picked through by the time I see them, and in any case I'd rather have "normal" versions of the molds rather than the see through, psychedelic or other themes the blind bag waves have.

The vinyls I haven't gotten into simply because I don;t have enough money to collect them.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 12:55:18 PM »
Mine as Brushables ponies! They have always been my favorite! I think its cause I grew up with them in the 80's. I do able like the Fashion Style ponies to cause they are also brushables to me to. They are just a little bigger :)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:47 PM »
Fashion Style. :) Although I really wish they would make some more characters. I would love to see some of the regular size brushables translated to FS size.

After that it would be the Playful Ponies/brushables. I like blind bags well enough, but they're starting to oversaturate the market and I would like to see more brushables in their place. That said, they do make BBs of some of my favourite characters who I doubt will ever get brushable releases, like Hoity Toity and Photo Finish. 

Only a few of the Funkos have impressed me so far. I still think Rainbow Dash is funky looking. I got Lyra the other day and while the quality isn't spectacular, I do like the way her mane is moulded. I would also like to get Fluttershy eventually, and Spitfire and Bonbon when they're released.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »
MLP are all about brushable ponies for me. I actually think of blind bags and vinyls more as ponyville and merch rather than ponies in the line.

So I prefer the teeny tiny but slight variety we get in the playful range but the size of the FS ponies. So I would like to see more variety of character in the FS ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal