collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The strangest place you've found a pony?  (Read 1388 times)

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
The strangest place you've found a pony?
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:18:17 AM »
So, where's the strangest place you've ever spotted a pony? I ask because I was at the job centre today, and the whole experience was cheered up by the fact that I saw a Baby Count-a-lot behind the desk! I asked about it and was given a weird look and told, 'A child left it.' I do hope that child comes back for them...

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
Re: The strangest place you've found a pony?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:03:49 AM »
I dug up a pony buried in the ground. When I was a kid I would build forts in the woods around where we lived. Well, I was digging out a fort one day. I removed a few inches of dirt and there was a light blue nose and a bit of yellow hair sticking out. It turned out to be G1 Cuddles in very bad shape. No tail, no symbol, most of her mane cut and some kind of stickers on her body. Even though she was dirty and messed up her eyes and little bow on her cheek made it!! I still have that pony too.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:01:29 AM »
An old boyfriend of mine had a friend that demolished houses.  Once a house had been sold or abandoned, the person who bought the house let him go inside and take anything left by the previous owners.  One house happened to have a garage full of junk.  Among the "junk" was a bunch of old, dirty children's toys.  He invited me to come and go through it.  I found an amazing lot of pony items.  I got the Perfume Puff Palace, Dream Castle and about 15 ponies, including many So-Softs in great condition.  It was amazing!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
We found a breezie buried in the sand at the beach this summer.  She's not half bad after a trip to the spa!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
Weirdly I cant say I have ever found or spotted a pony in a peculiar place.

Although I do love the story from last year when someone spotted a pony embedded in a bit of artwork...hanging on a cruise ship! Now thats random.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:17:20 PM »
I saw a pony at Target once.  :P

Seriously, someone had left their g3 pony is one of the aisles at Target.  It was a Daffidazey and she was obviously loved.  Her mane was all ratty and braided in parts, she was all grimy and sticky and looked like she belonged to a 3 year old.

I placed her carefully on a shelf.  I hope her owner found her.  :)

I've never found a pony any place weird, really.  I've found other toys elsewhere - on walks, at Costco, at the mall, etc.  but no ponies.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:59:18 PM »
Umm... under the toilet... Ok, that was the strangest place my hubby found one (at home of course). Can't say that they pop up in unusual places around here...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »
The weirdest place I ever found a pony was in an old car in a junk yard. I was at our local parts yard with my then boyfriend and happened to glance through a window and spotted a Dainty Dahlia. The owners told me I could have her and she still sits in my collection today alongside the other well loved ponies I have. =)
*~*Jahlila*~*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:41:06 PM »
The fabric centre in this little town where I used to live kept a basket of old kids' toys for children to play with.  I found a Bubbles, Applejack, and MM Cuddles in there when I was 15.  Sadly, the owner of the store wouldn't sell them to me then, since they were for the kids to play with.  It bugged me for years that there were ponies in that store and I couldn't do anything about it.  I finally went back when I was 22, and weirdly enough, I found the basket of toys hidden in a backroom.  The store clerk sold me all three :) 

Oh, and there was this house where a retired foster mom was moving out, and everything in it was for sale.  It honestly looked like someone had dumped the contents of a Salvation Army bin in the house and left it like that.  All the toys were upstairs, but I couldn't find anything.  Then I went down the the basement and just about stepped on a Sweet Lily :0)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
I found a Fluttershy at the restaurant where I work. No one had claimed it, so they let me take it home and fix it up to be pretty again. It looked like the tail had been chewed on. Ew.

I always joke that people should "tip me in ponies." That way, I don't have to claim them at the end of the night! :D

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »
Not a pony, but I once found a G1 Transformer toy at a doll show.  Mirage, my favorite, of all, and yes, I bought him.  Hahaha. 

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 02:00:33 AM »
Weirdly I cant say I have ever found or spotted a pony in a peculiar place.

Although I do love the story from last year when someone spotted a pony embedded in a bit of artwork...hanging on a cruise ship! Now thats random.

I remember that! It was random, wasn't it?

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 02:08:01 AM »
I found a G1 Parasol plush on top of my water heater. She wasn't mine, and I have no idea how she got there. My water heater is in a cubby in the wall, and covered by a piece of wood paneling.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 02:15:41 AM »
....amazing stories, really cheered me up reading them! Just so random, and ..... awesome.

I don't think I've ever found a pony in a weird place sadly :( Wish I had!

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 05:25:43 AM »
I am so happy to hear about all of these rescued ponies!

I have never found a pony anywhere so strange.  I do remember though years before FiM I was at TFCon and found a Baby Drummer in a "junk bin" under some guy's table.  He seemed surprised anyone wanted it and asked me if I thought $2 was reasonable.

I THOUGHT $2 WAS TOTES REASONABLE.

Since FiM ponies appear much more openly at TFCon and with pricing more in line with what I'd see here.  However I have still managed some good deals; like this year, Baby Lucky Leaf for $12.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal