collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)  (Read 5728 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
Re: Virginia Pony Meet~! (Sep 1st in Emporia, VA)
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »
I'm REALLY crossing my fingers that my family can come to this! We only live like an hour away but I have to see if I will have money ( after all of the back to school madness) to spend... * crosses fingers* here's to hoping!

I hope you guys can come.  Since we live so close to each other, we really ought to meet in person at some point!  You don't have to spend a lot of money to have fun at these!

p.s.

OH!!!  People are bringing Fashion Star Fillies?  Which ones?  I LOVE these!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:06:58 PM by FarDreamer »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »
If people collect other stuff, please list it because you never know if someone has extras.

I also collect My Child Dolls, Bratz, Ellowyne Wilde. And then there is a whole lot of random stuff I like - I'm a collecto-holic. I don't really collect Fairy Tail birds but I would like to get more of them. I've bought some that are in various conditions that I want to fix or customize depending on how bad they are. So if anyone might have some of these I'd be interested in them as well.

I do have some unopened new littlest pet shop that I'd like to sell or trade. I also have some barbie that I've been planning to put on ebay but I just haven't done it yet. I may bring all those extra goodies, in case someone is interested.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline FarDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »
If people collect other stuff, please list it because you never know if someone has extras.

I also collect My Child Dolls, Bratz, Ellowyne Wilde. And then there is a whole lot of random stuff I like - I'm a collecto-holic. I don't really collect Fairy Tail birds but I would like to get more of them. I've bought some that are in various conditions that I want to fix or customize depending on how bad they are. So if anyone might have some of these I'd be interested in them as well.

I do have some unopened new littlest pet shop that I'd like to sell or trade. I also have some barbie that I've been planning to put on ebay but I just haven't done it yet. I may bring all those extra goodies, in case someone is interested.

You know what, I think I found a My Child doll that I put aside just for you, then forgot about it.  I'll see if I can find her!

I have TONS of vintage LPS and vintage Strawberry Shortcake.  I mean practically a whole collection of each.  I wasn't going to bring them, but if someone is interested I'll definitely let them tag along!

I've found lots and lots of other 80's toys over the years while pony hunting and I'm too lazy to ever photograph them to sell online.  If there's something you're looking for, it's definitely worth asking me.  Off the top of my head I also have Wuzzles, Lady Lovely Locks stuff, Care Bears, and more!   :)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
That's a Sunday? I'd like to go, but I'd need a ride...and it's 3 hours away from me, so I'm not sure... Actually, maybe I missed it, but what time does it start and end?

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »
That's a Sunday? I'd like to go, but I'd need a ride...and it's 3 hours away from me, so I'm not sure... Actually, maybe I missed it, but what time does it start and end?

Hey-- where are you located? I noticed your profile said Maryland/DC. Where at specifically? If you want to pm me feel free. I might be in the same area as you. :)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 03:41:50 AM »

Time is going to starting around 11:30.
The only reason it has to start a little later than usual is because they don't give out the key to anyone till 10am. And I will not be able to get in there an setup till then because the location is already being used for a wedding reception on Saturday.

For those that need to setup a table you can get there a little earlier 10:30ish would be fine :)

Once everyone has emailed the vameet email an I have my list of confirmed attendees ill send all that info again so no worries on being exactly on the do timewize. I know some folks are gonna be driving a distance to get to the meet so starting a little later is probably better.

Ending time I'm saying around 6 I'm thinking but I filled out the form and got the building a little longer just in case I needed extra time to cleanup or whatever.

And I hope this message doesn't look to bad since I'm writing it using my phone :)

Post Merge: August 18, 2013, 03:46:15 AM

Hey-- where are you located? I noticed your profile said Maryland/DC. Where at specifically? If you want to pm me feel free. I might be in the same area as you. :)

Maybe you guys can get a carpool going :) I know its a lot more fun traveling with a ponybuddy than alone
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:46:15 AM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2013, 05:07:47 AM »
I'm seeing if we can figure something out! She's north of DC while I'm south.

I am planning setting up a table, but probably won't be able to get there until 11 or 1130. My husband is in the Marine Corps and, of course, ended up with 24 hour duty on the 31st of August so he won't be done until 8 AM and with the three or so hour drive it will put us there a little later then I was hoping- but such is life :D

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2013, 06:40:40 AM »
Yeah, we're actually somewhat far apart. Is anyone passing through the north end of DC who'd like some help with gas money?

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »
I am coming from the Front Royal/Winchester area.

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:18 AM »
OH!!!  People are bringing Fashion Star Fillies?  Which ones?  I LOVE these!
I just looked up the names of the ones I own. Joelle and Cliff.

Offline FarDreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
Oh goody!  I don't have Cliff!  I told my husband I can get by without spending too much money this year.   :devious:

Yeah, sure.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 06:22:21 AM »
Just some advice for those coming from north of Richmond, unless you want to drive right through the middle of Richmond you might like taking 295 better - it's a lot less traffic and it takes you around the Richmond,Chester, Colonial Heights and Petersburg busy area.

After that 95 to emporia is usually not very busy and not much to see. You can also at any point after that get off on 301 south, though this is slower, it runs right along side 95 most of the way.

Also I found a bunch of new MLP stuff at Party City, as well as some stuff at Target to use for prizes :) Yay!

Offline InsigniaEclipse

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »
 :cheer: Wooooowt!!!  I am looking forward the this!!!  I hope to see y'all there!! :D :green:
Looking for variant Windys!  Peru, loose Greek, French (Not the French Blue-got her THANKS AGAIN Mel!!), True UK White with BLUE symbol, and Ice Crystal.  Please PM me if you have any available! Thanky :D

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 04:09:33 AM »
whoo hooo :-)

ok = here are a few more boxes I've packed :-)

oh and I am thinking for common ponies like 4 for $10 or I'll trade ya of course ;-) for whatever

sea wees anyone?  FSF's only really looking for cleo but ya never know...care bears and rainbow brite are always good companions to ponies oh and she-ra (I am just starting to miss from days when she beat up my brother's GIJoe-s) and of course kids love LPS so we only have like a million G2s and I am sure that there are a million more we need ;-)

and I can take folks if they don't mind the godawful early timeframe to leave from MD /Germantown to get to Emporia - I'm thinking this year I will have the van but no family (who want just want to relax after a first week of school)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:13:16 AM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 04:40:54 AM »
I see ponies I need (at least 10)!! My pony budget is SOOO blown for the year lol, but oh well!

Oh and I just got the bug to collect vintage LPS since I just found some of my childhood ones-- so bring em on! And I have a gathering of vintage SSC too! I have a feeling I need to rob a bank to pay for everything ;)

I have both vintage and newer care bears that I am planning on bringing along for the ride. I also have some She-Ra Dolls (3- I think) and about a million G2/G3? LPS. I have some G3 ponies that will be making the trip as well. I may have some G1s-- all depends on what I pick up beofre then :) Plus some random other stuff that will hopefully fit in the car. My husband and I probably won't make it down that way until 11/1130 because he has 24 hour duty (gotta love the Marine Corps) on the 31st and I can't pick him up in DC until 8ish.

Was it ever decided that we are going to do a swap? I saw mention of it earlier, but no one really said! I would love to do a G1, G3, G4 swap (I have like 5 G2s lol) I just need to know so I can get some boxes ready! And if we are going to do that, is there a monetary amount we should shoot for the boxes to be valued at?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:03:01 AM by nessy_86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal