collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Arena trend: not responding back?  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Arena trend: not responding back?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 12:28:09 AM »
Are we getting old and crabby? Is it a specific generation collector that seems to be the culprit? I might be in a snotty mood but I haven't had this issue with g1s.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
Are we getting old and crabby? Is it a specific generation collector that seems to be the culprit? I might be in a snotty mood but I haven't had this issue with g1s.

Sorry to say, but it has been exactly the "old" G1 collectors/sellers who have failed to respond in my case.

Even worse is when buyers don't let you know if/when items arrive. I've had a recent buyer from overseas who has read my polite enquiries as to whether the items have arrived or not, and whether they could leave me some feedback, but they cannot bother to reply. I expect, they have long received the items, otherwise they would surely have complained (it's been almost a month and a half).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Pumpkin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Enjoy the little things in life.
    • View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 12:42:59 AM »
Yes I have the same thing and not only here. I think it's the new way of communication. And yes it's rude but that's how many people are these days :| Think about it, the more you go back in history the more polite the people were. But not to wandering off. For me they do not even have to give a reason why they are no longer interested, just letting me know that the sale is not gonna happen is enough.

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 02:44:22 AM »
it really is easy to miss PMs when you get multiples and they are all marked as read as soon as you open your PM box :yikes:  I'm sure there must be some kind of setting to stop this happening - I must to look into it.

There's a little symbol above the PM list (right next to the Date column) to "Change View."  It cycles through three settings.  I have mine set to display as converstions so I can look back at everything both I my buyer/seller have discussed all at once.  This also means only the most recent PM opens when you go into your messages leaving any other new ones marked unread until you actually open them.

I never knew! My hero!

:cheer:   Thank you  so much breyer - thats really helpful!  :hug:  :lovey:  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 03:45:27 AM »
I have the exact same problems with both buyers and sellers! :(
I PM´d a seller about her SALESTHREAD (as in: I want to sell my ponies!!) and she never got back to me, so I sent her another PM to remind her and still no answer! But I see her on here all the time...! :huh:
One person wanted to buy three ponies from me, even wanted me to do a rehair of one of them, when I replied with more pictures and descriptons of them - nothing! Im just glad I never started rehairing her..!
She responded now! Had to much going on so she forgot about me.. ^.^ Think this one will be a happy ending!
But I still cant figure out why some people have trade- and salelists when there is no intrest in actually selling...?!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:26:52 AM by Baby Mischief »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »

Sorry to say, but it has been exactly the "old" G1 collectors/sellers who have failed to respond in my case.

Ditto! But I have to say that the ones who have gone through with the sales have been polite enough to let me know when ponies have arrived and left feedback as soon as they have or at least within a good time frame of when the ponies have arrived. So I have had absolutely no gripes about that.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »
I have noticed this actually happening even more often than usual lately. I have had about three or four potential buyers just in the past week do this to me: Request a shipping quote, ask for my PayPal and not respond to my multiple PMs. It's irritating. All I ask is that if they decide against buying the ponies to drop me a note to say so. Is that really so difficult?

same here... but the good news: i have found a new buyer for the ponies, communication was excellent again(she bought before also). :)
I think in the future i will be reluctant to sell/trade/whatever with people that have ignored my multiple messages. Ignoring or missing one message = ok, i get that, it can happen. But 3? I'll rather decline next time, thank you.

Same here. I don't even have g4 for sale and the g2 & g3 never sell :P

Yes I have the same thing and not only here. I think it's the new way of communication. And yes it's rude but that's how many people are these days :| Think about it, the more you go back in history the more polite the people were. But not to wandering off. For me they do not even have to give a reason why they are no longer interested, just letting me know that the sale is not gonna happen is enough.

That is very true. And i agree, i don't need to hear a reason perseé either, i just wanna know if someone is still interested... Now it all sounds so...complaining. But it's such a small thing to do. I just don't get the behaviour, excuse you me.
I can believe that messages might go lost, but not several messages i have send if i see they have read them. And then come up with lame excuses. If i see you post many messages/topics on arena, don't tell me you didn't PM me because you, and i quote, "had no time". I'm not a moron.

By the way: i'm kinda curious about the PM thing now. If ANYONE has messaged me and never got an answer, please tell me! :) Because i always answer to buyers/sellers/potential traders etc! I wanna know if i might have missed a PM now i hear about this 'PM trouble'.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »
It happens. I'm  never mad if someone doesn't respond because I don't do holds without money in the first place as like a partial payment or something. Eh, the not responding happens. I mostly quickly check stuff on my phone and get a message about a pm. I'll tell myself to respond when I'm at a computer, but I usually get online every three dad or so. I forget, so I'm sure other people forget as well. I like to think not everyone is trying to be a jerk and are simply forgetful like me. I just follow the idea if they don't respond I'll sell to someone else and f as a buyer they will not answer me well I buy from someone else.

New issues I'm having is with people not reading the item description that is beside the item. Then I mention "you're ok with his right?" And they act like they have never seen that information before or someone that wants a shipping quote and never answers back.

Another favorite of mine is a pushy seller. One that I ask about something and get a quote ect. Then about an hour later if I haven't responded they jump me with Pm's about hurrying and making up my mind. I turn those down automatically and try to never deal with them again. Sometimes I ponder a transaction or a pony after getting more information. I wouldn't want them to wait days on me but more than an hour is nice. Buying and selling is a pain in the butt in general. If I didn't want to get something or get rid of something it would be easier to just avoid everyone. That's just how it goes.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Schitterboogje

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 04:00:21 PM »
I think the new PM script makes it really easy to not respond to people while passively surfing, and that comes across as very rude.  :(  If it marks them all as read, then you might only reply to the newest - or you might just click to another screen.  I know I'm guilty of this, but I usually feel guilty enough that I go back and answer that same night. 

I was going to say this. I've completely missed PMs that I never touched because they got marked as Read. Usually I'm able to catch missed PMs quickly, but if for some reason I'm getting a lot of PMs or something like that its alarmingly easy to completely lose a PM because of it.

Before you get upset/angry at people, try PMing them multiple times. The Arena's PM system makes it much too easy to lose PMs.

If you *have* messaged someone (either a  potential buyer, or a seller)  back mulitple times and they still havent responded ,then its best to move on TBH  - just imagine how much more difficult things could get if the sale went through but then something went wrong ( eg - the pony never arrives) and there was still no communication. Its frustrating though - especially if its an item you really wanted or something thats HTF :(  . Good communication and good manners are really important.

I agree with you Ringlets.

New issues I'm having is with people not reading the item description that is beside the item. Then I mention "you're ok with his right?" And they act like they have never seen that information before or someone that wants a shipping quote and never answers back.

Oh gosh yes, that's even more annoying to my opinion..  I always tell people to ask questions if they have them but if I write in the discription the price for a pony then don't come to me with the question: "how much for this pony?"  Come on, just read !

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 08:14:19 AM »

Oh gosh yes, that's even more annoying to my opinion..  I always tell people to ask questions if they have them but if I write in the discription the price for a pony then don't come to me with the question: "how much for this pony?"  Come on, just read !

This! I have this problem a lot! I put the price at the very end of the description and if they read, they will know the price.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »
I always try and repsond to my messages promptly.

When I contact a seller stating I'm interested in an item and curious to know shipping costs, 9/10 times I'll let them know right away whether or not I want to go ahead and purchase it, or if money may be tight, I might send a message stating that I can get back to them say that evening, or following morning depending on when I'm messaging them.

And I always follow up whether I'm going through with the order or unable to go through with it. I never expect anyone to hold an item for me.

Once I receive ponies, I usually send the seller/trader a message letting them know that they've arrived and then I head off to leave feedback :)

I agree that far too many people just leave things up in the air. I know alot of sellers work on a first come first serve basis, so it's only fair to let the seller know if you're no longer interested, that way they can offer it up to the next person in line. To me it's just common courtesy.

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »
Oh gee, I am responsible for not having responded to PMs telling me the shipping costs after I've asked for it. :|  I can be interested in something but not sure if I really want it and I want to know the total costs so I can do some more thinking on whether I should get it or not. I usually have a hard time making up my mind, about anything. I'm often interested in more than one sale/auction (I've never done a trade) and I can't and won't buy them all. I need to know the total costs to decide on what to get. Sometimes I think for too long and too much time has passed and I just forget about it.

I never thought of the seller wanting a no thank you I'm not interested reply. Didn't think of it as being rude, thought of it as being nice not bothering people with a useless PM. :) I have never asked for things to be put on hold for me or expected them to be, just wanted to know the shipping. I've never really thought of asking for the shipping price as the start of a deal and I don't think it is. Suppose I can send out no thank you PMs in the future.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:44:20 AM by balletpot »

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »
*Sigh* Not getting responses back from PM's I send to people has been a problem I've been having, too. :( Why can't people just tell you they don't want to talk to you? I'm less offended by 'please leave me alone' than dead silence! Oy, I just wish the board memebers I try to make friends with would reply to me! T_T

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal