collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wrong Picture for a Pony (Am I Doing the Right Thing?)  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Wrong Picture for a Pony (Am I Doing the Right Thing?)
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:31:31 AM »
First of all, sorry to show up in TS again so soon, but I have yet another ebay problem on my hands. I bought a pony from a Chinese listing hoping to get the frankenpony in this thread a little while ago, but as I suspected she turned out to be a regular-eyed Pinkie Pie. I was still happy with the seller's service and, since I planned on giving her to a friend as a gift by that time, left them positive feedback with low stars for description. Besides, I knew from the start there was a chance I'd get a regular Pinkie, so it wasn't in my place to complain. I did want to message them and warn them about the image, but didn't work up the guts to do it until recently; so I told them I was happy with their service and the pony I received but said that others might expect a different pony than what they were sending out due to the error pony pictured on the listing. Now ebay is telling me I've opened a case when all I wanted to do was send one message, so I'm not sure if this is the right course of action to take or not... I can't navigate ebay for the life of me sometimes, so any words of advice would be greatly appreciated! I'll keep everyone updated when the seller responds.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong Picture for a Pony (Am I Doing the Right Thing?)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
It may be that when you give low stars and report that the item received was not the one described- a case is automatically opened?

I think you can close open cases whenever if you are satisfied with the outcome.    I recall seeing the picture you were talking about- and would have been irritated too if it didn't turn out to be the one that was in the photos-

I would just let them know that.  That you wouldn't have bought it if you had known it wasn't the variant pony shown in the photos- but a regular fluttershy (different eyes, hair color).  You'll be helping out other buyers because I'm sure they'll just keep on doing it if no one mentions it or makes it a problem...

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »
Yeah, sounds like you accidently opened the case because you clicked "Not as described" When you use that option, a case gets opened. I also purchased that same pony and got a regular pinkie but I let them know right when she came in. I asked if they even had that pinkie that was pictured and they stated they had them but didn't realize there was a difference. I''m suppose to be getting the right one in the mail so hopefully soon she will show up. I haven't opened a case yet because I'll let them try to fix it first.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »
I wouldn't worry  :hug: Ebay just recently started opening cases automatically if you choose anything other than "OTHER" when you are trying to contact a seller. Which I am assuming what happened due to you saying that you sent a message to her to let her know you were happy but the pony was wrong?

I guess there are two things you can do at this point.
1. Keep the case open and return the pony. Or see if the seller has another resolution that will be satisfying to both of you.
2. Go ahead and close the case out and message her to say it was an accident and you were only trying to make her aware that the pony pictured is not the pony she is selling. And there is a difference.

Personally in my opinion she needs to remove the listing if it is still live because she is obviously trying to sell a pony that she does not have.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 10:07:33 AM »
I wouldn't worry  :hug: Ebay just recently started opening cases automatically if you choose anything other than "OTHER" when you are trying to contact a seller. Which I am assuming what happened due to you saying that you sent a message to her to let her know you were happy but the pony was wrong?

I guess there are two things you can do at this point.
1. Keep the case open and return the pony. Or see if the seller has another resolution that will be satisfying to both of you.
2. Go ahead and close the case out and message her to say it was an accident and you were only trying to make her aware that the pony pictured is not the pony she is selling. And there is a difference.

Personally in my opinion she needs to remove the listing if it is still live because she is obviously trying to sell a pony that she does not have.

Ebay is auto opening cases now? That's not good lol. Better keep an eye on that.

Offline Winter Bones

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
There we go, I closed the case on my own and restated that I didn't want a replacement item (though ebay insisted I did in the case details despite me telling them twice I didn't want that. GRR.) Here's hoping the seller gets the message regardless. Thanks for pointing that out guys, I thought it was something I did wrong on my part instead of ebay being, well, ebay, lol.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »
I almost wonder if Ebay is trying to chase off the "garage sale" type sellers with their harsh seller policies.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 03:14:07 PM »
First of all, sorry to show up in TS again so soon, but I have yet another ebay problem on my hands. I bought a pony from a Chinese listing hoping to get the frankenpony in this thread a little while ago, but as I suspected she turned out to be a regular-eyed Pinkie Pie. I was still happy with the seller's service and, since I planned on giving her to a friend as a gift by that time, left them positive feedback with low stars for description. Besides, I knew from the start there was a chance I'd get a regular Pinkie, so it wasn't in my place to complain. I did want to message them and warn them about the image, but didn't work up the guts to do it until recently; so I told them I was happy with their service and the pony I received but said that others might expect a different pony than what they were sending out due to the error pony pictured on the listing. Now ebay is telling me I've opened a case when all I wanted to do was send one message, so I'm not sure if this is the right course of action to take or not... I can't navigate ebay for the life of me sometimes, so any words of advice would be greatly appreciated! I'll keep everyone updated when the seller responds.

Leaving positive feedback with low DSRs isn't a very good practice.

Offline Winter Bones

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I figured that since the item was fine and I was still pleased with the seller's service it wouldn't warrant a neutral or negative, but I couldn't leave high stars for description since the picture was technically misleading. It was a bit of a stalemate to me. :huh: Any recommendations for what I should do in the future?

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 04:42:10 PM »
Really? I wasn't aware of that. I figured that since the item was fine and I was still pleased with the seller's service it wouldn't warrant a neutral or negative, but I couldn't leave high stars for description since the picture was technically misleading. It was a bit of a stalemate to me. :huh: Any recommendations for what I should do in the future?
If your not happy with an ebay purchase or they messed up, always contact the seller first before leaving any type of FB. Let them get a chance to correct it. :)

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
If your not happy with an ebay purchase or they messed up, always contact the seller first before leaving any type of FB. Let them get a chance to correct it. :)
This. I always contact sellers if I am aware of any delays or anything and promptly respond to those who have a problem. One seller just never replied to me and left me low stars. Another let me have a chance to correct it. Sadly, I wish the latter was more like that.

Anyways, it was wrong to leave low star ratings without contacting the seller. But you live and learn. You do the wrong thing...you learn the right way...and you pass the knowledge to others around you.

I almost wonder if Ebay is trying to chase off the "garage sale" type sellers with their harsh seller policies.
That's what I'm basically doing on Ebay, but trying my best to work with buyers and give them an honest description of my stuff. Bent marks or fading on cards? Noted. Dust embeddedment? Noted.
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Winter Bones

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 06:15:09 PM »
Of course, in my zealous attempt to not fail ebay completely I forget ALL the simple conventions. It's a good thing I learn from example so I (hopefully) won't make the same mistake twice. Thanks for pointing it out or I would have never realized how backwards my reasoning was. :yikes:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
Yea be careful as Trust and Safety takes notice of all star dings with positive feedback and you can get slapped with a warning as well as warnings for leaving negatives and neutrals without working it out with the seller first.  This happened to someone I  know.  The problem is people just do not understand how this star system was designed to work.  Star dings should come with neutral or negative feedback according to trust and safety.  All efforts should be made to work with the seller.  At least this is what I have been told by people who have had issues.  Don't be too hard on yourself, a lot of people are really confused with this system.  I don't think it works well, but that is just my opinion.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 03:51:15 AM »
Don't be too hard on yourself, a lot of people are really confused with this system.  I don't think it works well, but that is just my opinion.

Agreed! :nod:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal