collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???  (Read 9578 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
@LunarEclipse

Things me myself a "brony" and collectors have in common.

1) Both want quality items

2) Both want more characters

3) Both do NOT want the same ponies released over again

4) Would like to see G1 ponies released in G4 bodies

5) Both want more poses

6) Both want more variety

7) Both want to be heard and acknowledged by hasbro

8) Lastly both do NOT want this Twilight

Side note why are the crystals red, it looks so tacky and awful. My saddest fear about this release is it will make hasbro not want to attempt to make more of a better adult collector line :(

That's fine, though I've never seen bronies express a desire for G1 toys to be translated to the G4 line. If that is the case I'd wish they would be more vocal about it! Maybe we would actually get some. :)

I can vouch for this too!  I know there are a ton of bronies who would kill for a Firefly or Surprise, and probably still quite a few who'd love Posey and Sparkler.  And beyond that, any others are practically brand new ponies--anything beyond uninspired re-releases would be happily welcomed!

I agree with this as well. I've seen plenty of "brony" artwork that depicts G1 ponies with G4 bodies. Firefly and Surprise would undoubtedly be the most popular, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't welcome others. It's definitely not a new concept to them.
I doubt that "G1 to G4" ponies are something that is highly wanted by bronies. Whenever a non show pony pops up as a toy they are getting called " stupid re-colors". A recent poll on EQD also showed that a lot of bronies don't even know any G1 characters aside from Firefly and Surprise.

While maybe there is barely any interest in the majority of G1s like Mimic and Glory, the six G1s that originally inspired Faust to create the mane 6 we know today are very well liked. It may be a limited list of G1s but they are still ponies everyone would be happy to see.

Right but I don't think bronies are going to mind if they created a G1 line, if they didn't want them they just wouldn't buy them, like someone said earlier many bronies sadly don't know any G1 characters so they wouldn't even recognize some of the ponies anyways. Besides almost every brony I have talked to prefers G1 over G3 so I'm sure they would rather see a Fizzy then a Wisteria just saying.
I just want G3s to come back in general, hopefully Hasbro will make a similar mold to them during G5  :biggrin:

Sorry I disagree I think G3 was the worst show and toyline, G1 and G4 much better but that's my opinion. G1 had the best toyline by far with the amount of detail, poses, characters, symbol on both sides, different types, boys, newborns, babies, twins, sea ponies, baby sea ponies, unicorns, pegasus, twice as fancy, animal friends, baby boys, family sets, summer wings, windy wings, flutter ponies, baby unicorns, baby pegasus, rainbow ponies, sparkle ponies, show and glow, so soft, princess, oh did I forget earth ponies. G3 was alsmost all earth ponies, boring color schemes, cutie mark on one side, not nearly as many poses, babrely any pegasus, and especially unicorns, babies were all the same almost, the the core 7 killed the hell out of it, and G3.5 as well, sorry I highly disagree I hope to never see them again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
I want to support Hasbro doing special things for adult collectors but even though the new wing shape and the crown and glitter "shoes" are kinda neat, I don't think I can justify spending $50 on her as I'm really not quite that in love with the random bedazzling. I think it's a little weird that she's the same price as DJ Pon-3 but doesn't have the light-up box...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:58:40 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

Side note why are the crystals red, it looks so tacky and awful. My saddest fear about this release is it will make hasbro not want to attempt to make more of a better adult collector line :(

That's fine, though I've never seen bronies express a desire for G1 toys to be translated to the G4 line. If that is the case I'd wish they would be more vocal about it! Maybe we would actually get some. :)

I can vouch for this too!  I know there are a ton of bronies who would kill for a Firefly or Surprise, and probably still quite a few who'd love Posey and Sparkler.  And beyond that, any others are practically brand new ponies--anything beyond uninspired re-releases would be happily welcomed!

I agree with this as well. I've seen plenty of "brony" artwork that depicts G1 ponies with G4 bodies. Firefly and Surprise would undoubtedly be the most popular, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't welcome others. It's definitely not a new concept to them.
I doubt that "G1 to G4" ponies are something that is highly wanted by bronies. Whenever a non show pony pops up as a toy they are getting called " stupid re-colors". A recent poll on EQD also showed that a lot of bronies don't even know any G1 characters aside from Firefly and Surprise.

While maybe there is barely any interest in the majority of G1s like Mimic and Glory, the six G1s that originally inspired Faust to create the mane 6 we know today are very well liked. It may be a limited list of G1s but they are still ponies everyone would be happy to see.

Right but I don't think bronies are going to mind if they created a G1 line, if they didn't want them they just wouldn't buy them, like someone said earlier many bronies sadly don't know any G1 characters so they wouldn't even recognize some of the ponies anyways. Besides almost every brony I have talked to prefers G1 over G3 so I'm sure they would rather see a Fizzy then a Wisteria just saying.
I just want G3s to come back in general, hopefully Hasbro will make a similar mold to them during G5  :biggrin:

Sorry I disagree I think G3 was the worst show and toyline, G1 and G4 much better but that's my opinion. G1 had the best toyline by far with the amount of detail, poses, characters, symbol on both sides, different types, boys, newborns, babies, twins, sea ponies, baby sea ponies, unicorns, pegasus, twice as fancy, animal friends, baby boys, family sets, summer wings, windy wings, flutter ponies, baby unicorns, baby pegasus, rainbow ponies, sparkle ponies, show and glow, so soft, princess, oh did I forget earth ponies. G3 was alsmost all earth ponies, boring color schemes, cutie mark on one side, not nearly as many poses, babrely any pegasus, and especially unicorns, babies were all the same almost, the the core 7 killed the hell out of it, and G3.5 as well, sorry I highly disagree I hope to never see them again.
That's the kinda attitude I expect from a brony  :|
Foul and malicious towards G3 ponies...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 04:14:03 PM by Twilight Pink Navarro »
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »
I want to support Hasbro doing special things for adult collectors but even though the new wing shape and the crown and glitter "shoes" are kinda neat, I don't think I can justify spending $50 on her as I'm really not quite that in love with the random bedazzling. I think it's a little weird that she's the same price as DJ Pon-3 but doesn't have the light-up box...
I agree that proves the price is just gouging-  and how expensive are those crystals anyway?  I don't think they are so terribly expensive as to justify the huge price jump.

I am wondering if this pony is actually in response to the asian markets-  Taobao is seriously overflowing with randomly bedazzled ponies.  Maybe Hasbro is actually copying those?  There are more Swaravoski crystal attacked ponies on Taobao than regular ponies ...

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2013, 04:09:15 PM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

Wait, what? All those flaws you mentioned in the G3 line are even worse in the G4 line (aside from having more unicorns). G4 has less poses, cutie marks on only one side, a ton of pink ponies and is filled with re-releases. I'm not saying everyone needs to love G3 but that's some wierd logic there. Also from what i have seen a lot bronies only care about characters who appeared on the show.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
I agree that proves the price is just gouging-  and how expensive are those crystals anyway?  I don't think they are so terribly expensive as to justify the huge price jump.

I am wondering if this pony is actually in response to the asian markets-  Taobao is seriously overflowing with randomly bedazzled ponies.  Maybe Hasbro is actually copying those?  There are more Swaravoski crystal attacked ponies on Taobao than regular ponies ...

Bling-Bling Armor...  :lol: Or the Shining Pimp XD take your pick.
Oh no!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »
Yeah...I am not impressed a thread about a new toy needs a second pointer to remind us to respect one another's opinions. 

Take this more as an advance warning - this thread is about a new toy which plenty of members are discussing. If it diverges off topic again to name calling or something which is not relevant to this item, your comments will be edited or removed. Dont spoil other peoples fun or distract from some interesting discussion on this item.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »
OMG that poor thistle whistle LOL XD  whats with the bedazzler attacked ponies everywhere?  so bizzare.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »

:yikes: No! That poor Thistle Whistle!  :cry:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
She is wicked expensive too!  There are a ton of bedazzled G3.5s too-  and bedazzled G4s sliced in half, bedazzled, and glued onto cell phone cases-  truly odd.

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »
She is wicked expensive too!  There are a ton of bedazzled G3.5s too-  and bedazzled G4s sliced in half, bedazzled, and glued onto cell phone cases-  truly odd.
I saw those, scary!  :cry:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2013, 05:19:55 PM »
I want to know whether if I go to China- I will see thousands of Chinese teenagers walking around with these-

Maybe we are all just behind the times and blingz will be sweeping the world soon.   Or maybe not.  :lol:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
I want to know whether if I go to China- I will see thousands of Chinese teenagers walking around with these-

Maybe we are all just behind the times and blingz will be sweeping the world soon.   Or maybe not.  :lol:
What a waste of a Starbeam Twinkle I could've had :/ (and still need  >_<)
Oh no!

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

*faint*

They're.... oh lord, they look like corner girl ponies, and they're SLICED IN HALF! The... the humanity!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2013, 07:24:47 PM »
I just want to know how you can fit one of these things in a pocket or a slim purse-  and can just imagine whipping one out to answer it- lol!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal