collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: happyfisher123 ebayer to avoid - updated from would you refund shipping  (Read 3347 times)

wingsinmoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
I sold a majesty for 5.00 with free shipping because she had issues. That's bait price. The buyer is upset that she had more marks than they thought, and wants to return her. No problem. But they want me to pay return shipping as well, which doesn't seem fair to me. I've already lost money on her.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251297947707

Buyer says:
I Ordered this pony after carefully looking at the photographs and reading the listing. I received it yesterday and I must tell you this pony has an ink stain that was covered by her mane and not mentioned in the listing.  What I read in the listing is that "She has some scattered marks and wear, but overall is restorable".  How would you suggest I remove the ink stain so she can be restored?  In addition to the ink stain, this pony will not stand up.  She falls over every time I try to get her to stand.  This description does not match the reality of this ponies condition at all.  I am attaching photos that document what I am stating.

I replied:
Hi,
As far as how to restore her,
Ink stains are removable with removezit or sun fading. Standing issues are often fixed by a marker between feet for a week. I'm happy to accept a return on her if you prefer. She was bait priced due to these flaws. Just let me know what you prefer to do.
Thank you,
Kristy

Then they say:

Had the listing stated she was a bait pony, would not stand, or had ink stains I would never have made this purchase.  I need to send her back for a refund.  I do not think I should have to pay for return shipping because of the nature of the problems.

-

I am sure I will get a neg if I don't pay her return shipping, even though I don't have to. I feel like it would be cheaper to just refund her and give her the pony. I told her I would post it here, and if you guys think I did not describe her adequately I will pay return shipping- otherwise no. So, What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:43:25 PM by wingsinmoonlight »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Would you refund return shipping on this pony?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »
I'm going to leave the returns issue alone - that's your choice...

But I'd say she sounds restorable. The seller doesn't know the skill level of the buyer and their restoration expertise. Sunfading is a valid restoration method for a white pony like majesty, and the heat+marker between the legs method will work on just about any pony.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »
Could we see the pics you gave the buyer?

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
There are no guarantees that you'll receive positive feedback even if you pay the return shipping, as a seller myself, i would probably just give her a refund and let her keep the pony... honestly no matter what you do, she's probably not going to be happy, some people are just harder to deal with than others. I'm terrified every time we sell a pony on ebay just because we're not serious long time collectors, so the flaws that collectors look for aren't things that we think to check for, we just try to take as many pictures as possible and state what we notice and cross our fingers and hope for the best.

wingsinmoonlight

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
The pics are in the link to the listing. :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »
I think because it states in the listing that she has some markings and she's restorable that you're not in the wrong, however I also believe that there are no guarantees when it comes to feedback and star ratings...

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »
Hmm, I would think after reading it and seeing the price I would expect to get a pony in rough shape. I will say by pictures though I didn't see the marks in the hair, so that might have surprised me.

I think the best option is to just refund her and let her keep it. You're not obligated to pay return shipping, and I wouldn't personally do it in that situation since the pony is stated as having flaws. You would probably spend more in compensating the buyer for shipping than just letting him/her have it.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

MyLittleLambie

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:33:16 PM »
I would not pay return shipping on a $5 total purchase!  It probably cost you $1-2 to mail it originally?  I would offer a partial (or full) refund on the pony first before accepting a return.

wingsinmoonlight

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »
I take returns, so I'm obligated to accept the return. I am not obligated to paypal her more money to cover the return shipping. And I guess I won't, since she just opened a case against me. Grrrr- this one is going on my block list for sure.

Edited to add-
And she is angry that I posted this here-lol

"The pony arena has nothing to do with this!"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:18:45 PM by wingsinmoonlight »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
If she's opened a case nowhere near the limit, purely because you asked for advice, I'd let her return it at her own cost. It's all ebay will make you do - and re-sell, even if you sell it in with another pony. I personally think looking at the pics, that she would have needed to be sunfaded to be fully restored anyway, so I'd be sorta meh...

You could have worked it out better for her, but if she wants to make it official, oh well... her loss really - I mean you were considering paying return shipping!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 04:38:24 AM »
Stormness is right. I mean you offered a solution and even stated that you would do whatever she wished.  There really was no reason to open a case.  :huh:

As far as the cost of return shipping, it rest in the buyers hands. The seller is not responsible and opening a case will not change that.

I suppose it is going to be up to you on how you want to handle it. Honestly, just as Mikeysgirll stated no matter what you do there is no guarantee on what she may leave as feedback. Which on another note I think Ebay needs to change in cases like this where a case has been opened. If the seller offers a reasonable solution and the buyer accepts it, they should not be allowed to leave a negative. Anyways again the choice is going to be solely up to you.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 04:55:08 AM »
I think the pony is restore-able as well, and was priced very fairly especially considering the free shipping. I would expect to have a little work to do if I had bought this pony and really sun fading and fixing a standing issue are pretty easy, takes time, but not a lot of work.
If I was the seller I would offer a partial refund of a buck or two if they were unhappy, or a full refund but I would not be paying the return shipping.
I hope everything works out for you

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 12:59:17 PM »
How frustrating!  Let us know how it goes!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 01:38:06 PM »
I wouldn't pay return shipping, either, especially now that she's opened a case.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 06:57:42 PM »
First off, I am so sorry and this totally sucks.  These cases are never fun.  At the end of the day though, with this one, I guess it comes down to how much the potential for a negative feedback is worth to you.

As was stated though, if a case has been opened, you are not obligated to pay return shipping.  And honestly, you should not be obligated to.

If I want to return a TV I bought from Best Buy, should I charge them for the gas I used to get there?  Or should I force them to pay my cab fare?  No.  And you should not pay for the 20 minutes it takes one of their employees to repack the box and walk it to the shelf. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal