collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: List of ponies safe/unsafe to sunfade.  (Read 16032 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: List of ponies safe/unsafe to sunfade.
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
I'm soon to be the owner of a slightly discolored Confetti (my very first G1!), and I was wondering if she was alright to sunfade? I've searched around the arena, and I've seen her come out with mixed results. I'd hate to damage her, though.

If she is sunfade-able, what's the best way to cover her symbol since it's glittery?

I've been told before that glitter doesn't necessarily need to be covered. I faded my Parasol and her glitter didn't fade. But, over time, the sun could surely have a negative effect on glitter, so: I'd say cover her butt with saran wrap and color over her symbols with black sharpie.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
I'm soon to be the owner of a slightly discolored Confetti (my very first G1!), and I was wondering if she was alright to sunfade? I've searched around the arena, and I've seen her come out with mixed results. I'd hate to damage her, though.

If she is sunfade-able, what's the best way to cover her symbol since it's glittery?

I've been told before that glitter doesn't necessarily need to be covered. I faded my Parasol and her glitter didn't fade. But, over time, the sun could surely have a negative effect on glitter, so: I'd say cover her butt with saran wrap and color over her symbols with black sharpie.
Ah, wouldn't have thought of that! Thank you!

Does Confetti get "sunburned" at all? Wouldn't want to yellow her more.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2013, 05:07:14 PM »
Its it the trotting pose Confetti? Yes she is very prone to burning. If you decide to fade her be very careful.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »
If sunfading isn't viable for Confetti, you might try testing the bottom of a hoof with a benzyl peroxide acne cream? For a lot of people acne cream is the very last resort because it is risky, but if she's super discolored or it works on the bottom of a hoof you might consider it.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »
Thank you, hathorcat! If that's the case I think I'll just leave her, then.

If sunfading isn't viable for Confetti, you might try testing the bottom of a hoof with a benzyl peroxide acne cream? For a lot of people acne cream is the very last resort because it is risky, but if she's super discolored or it works on the bottom of a hoof you might consider it.
Once she arrives I'll have to see how discolored she is. If a Magic Eraser doesn't help, I'll test out the acne cream!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with Bubbles? I have one that came to me with a blackened bottom and hooves. She's wearing pony shoes to help hide it, but I'd really love to try to fade the spots if I can. She's a very special pony, having once belonged to a young child who died. I promised her sister that I would take care of her ponies when she sold them to me. I know that Bubbles is super common, but I just can't risk testing that particular one.

Also, I think we can add Cotton Candy to the safe list. I just took one out of the window a few days ago!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2013, 02:56:13 AM »
Thank you, hathorcat! If that's the case I think I'll just leave her, then.

Once she arrives I'll have to see how discolored she is. If a Magic Eraser doesn't help, I'll test out the acne cream!

No problem - to add to your woes a little with Confetti and acne cream. I once used her as an experiment subject and all the acne cream I was testing a theory on did was yellow her. So just be really careful with her. She seems particularly prone to all manner of issues this pony.

And Bubbles should be fine - again as with everything I have said here - just monitor her carefully.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
Yikes, good to know Hathorcat! Poor Confetti can't catch a break.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
I just got baby Quackers for free. She is has a disgusting orange tinge to her and 5 cancer spots. Does anyone have any suggestions? If not I think I will try...

1. Magic Eraser - evened the colour and toned down the yellowing to a cream but no effect on cancer spots
2. Acetone... watch this space
3. Sunfading
4. Full body re-paint. Her hair is lovely.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2013, 02:34:05 PM »
I just got baby Quackers for free. She is has a disgusting orange tinge to her and 5 cancer spots. Does anyone have any suggestions? If not I think I will try...

1. Magic Eraser - evened the colour and toned down the yellowing to a cream but no effect on cancer spots
3. Sunfading

I whitened my Baby Quackers with the combination of acne cream and sun  :)

Before:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

After:

Sorry for the bad pictures.. I should have used the same background. Anyway, she went from almost brown to beautiful white.  :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »
Ooooh! I might try acne cream on the age spots. Thank you!!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 01:38:58 AM »
I'd say cover her butt with saran wrap and color over her symbols with black sharpie.

I never would've thought of this, either!! Thank you! I'm currently sunfading another Italian Gusty and this was so much easier than trying to cut out little maples leaves to cover her symbols with. ;)

I did test out coloring on saran wrap with the sharpie first to make sure it didn't bleed though (I'm paranoid about sharpies near ponies), but of course it worked. Except for a tiny spot I pushed too hard and made a tiny hole in the saran wrap, so I was super careful and gentle when coloring over the actual symbol on the pony. Just thought I'd warn others about that!

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2013, 04:49:19 AM »
I'd say cover her butt with saran wrap and color over her symbols with black sharpie.

I never would've thought of this, either!! Thank you! I'm currently sunfading another Italian Gusty and this was so much easier than trying to cut out little maples leaves to cover her symbols with. ;)

I did test out coloring on saran wrap with the sharpie first to make sure it didn't bleed though (I'm paranoid about sharpies near ponies), but of course it worked. Except for a tiny spot I pushed too hard and made a tiny hole in the saran wrap, so I was super careful and gentle when coloring over the actual symbol on the pony. Just thought I'd warn others about that!

^ Yeah this is great advice. Only problem now is... how can we make the clouds go away in SE England!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 04:54:22 AM »
^ Yeah this is great advice. Only problem now is... how can we make the clouds go away in SE England!

lol! You're on your own with that one. ;)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2013, 05:08:15 AM »

3. Sunfading

I whitened my Baby Quackers with the combination of acne cream and sun  :)

Before:

After:

Sorry for the bad pictures.. I should have used the same background. Anyway, she went from almost brown to beautiful white.  :)

My baby quackers is currently soaking in hydroperoxide, hope it will help :( She's so yellowed! And I will have to check if I can get any of that specific acné cream here.
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal