collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My restorations :) *will end up being pic heavy*  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My restorations :) *will end up being pic heavy*
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:44 PM »
Wow, that is amazing. How did you make the symbol so flat? What materials did you use (glitter, glue)?
I used something called PTE glitter. I bought it off of ebay. It's usually used for nail art ect. It's pretty fine. Not quite as fine as habro's, but not too far off. I used a brush on sealant as a glue. I didn't think it would be strong enough, but after several tests, it turned out it was! I 'painted' the symbol shape with the sealant first and then applied the glitter with a brush :)
If it had gone slightly off, it was fairly easy to correct by pushing it in line with a cocktail stick.

I love doing this too! I actually started with my childhood Moondancer and childhood ponies. You can see the Moondancer over there in my avatar pic. I'm working on a batch of restorations right now, in between algebra and spending time with my kiddos (so it's been SLOW going).
Any how, you did a great job! I will definitely be stalking your thread to see more!  :biggrin:
Wow, she looks fantastic! One of the other ponies I am in the process of doing is Moondancer. I have always wanted her, and I finally got her a few weeks back - albeit with a detached tail and major glitter loss  :P
When she's done she will be joining my herd ^.^

Thank you for the help!  I can't wait to see more restorations!  It gives me hope for my VERY loved ponies.

You're very welcome! I really hope it works out well. Make sure you test it somewhere first, though. I'd hate to be responsible for ruining your ponies >_< I'd avoid the symbols, eyes ect to be safe, though I think it takes a lot of rubbing before white spirit takes them off? I'm not sure though. I don't use it much as I'm impatient and just reach for the cellulose thinners instead  :lol:

Hehe us corral mods live here lol XD

I am so looking forward to seeing the others! :squee:
You really do  :lol: I'm not sure if I've posted a topic in the corral lately that you haven't replied to.
It's 2am and you're still on... Go get some sleep!  :lol: Ignore the fact that I'm still online...

In a very fancy cave...they just feed us occasionally with chocolate and rum.

Well, can't say much for the rum as I've never had it, but they give you chocolate?! Where do I sign?!
 :P
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »
She turned out beautiful!!!!

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
As others have said, she looks great! wonderful job. Incredible. I am in awe of your work. Can't wait to see your other restorations.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 07:59:57 AM »
I love restorations!  I am excited to see more!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal