collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Argie snuzzle broken and dirty  (Read 2805 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Argie snuzzle broken and dirty
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:31 AM »
I completely understand your disappointment and I understand your miffed at her response. I am just curious though when you initially sent her a message about the situation, where you cordial and address the situation properly?  I only ask because she is in a different country and language barriers can be an issue. I am not saying that you were rude to her but she may have taken your inquiry differently than it was intended to be. Just a thought?

As far as the pony itself, the pictures in my opinion are pretty clear on the condition. And as relcelestia mentioned she is a rare and sought after pony. But if you are not happy with her then you need to take the necessary steps and return her for a refund.  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 09:30:22 AM »
Yes I was always polite and tried to describe the situation as good as I could, I am not an english native speaker, myself too and possibly she had really understood something wrong. I am sure she is not able to pay the refund. Snuzzle has been to spa this afternoon and is more or less clean now, but her hair is really horrible. I could consider keeping her if she gets new hair. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me!
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »
the seller is probably not a native English speaker, either.  I wonder if s/he had to use a translator to read your message, and it translated badly/made it seem rude?  I know even the best translating programs are not all that good...
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 10:05:35 AM »
Yes I was always polite and tried to describe the situation as good as I could, I am not an english native speaker, myself too and possibly she had really understood something wrong. I am sure she is not able to pay the refund. Snuzzle has been to spa this afternoon and is more or less clean now, but her hair is really horrible. I could consider keeping her if she gets new hair. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me!

Yea I could tell by the photos her hair was in really bad shape.  Sorry the seller was rude.  I guess it happens sometimes. It isn't right, but it does happen.   Maybe there are some cultural issues involved not just with the language barrier but, how people might interpret a complaint in their culture.  Still all the same its hard to deal with rudeness. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:08:36 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 11:04:45 AM »

She wouldn't be difficult to rehair if that's what you want, but that will effect her value and condition so I'd probably try to save the original hair if at all possible.  Relcelestia is kinda our argie expert here on the arena so I'd definitely go with her thought/opinions.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »
Snuzzle has been to spa this afternoon and is more or less clean now, but her hair is really horrible.

That was very obvious from the eBay pictures:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »
The top view you can see the tail rust and the hair issues, especially if you use the zoom in feature on the photos. Sorry to say but even if the seller was rude, product-wise you got what you paid for in this case. I always buy ponies on Ebay with the expectation they're gonna come in a TLC state since not all Ebayers are collectors that know what to look for.

Duster reference]

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »
Snuzzle has been to spa this afternoon and is more or less clean now, but her hair is really horrible.

That was very obvious from the eBay pictures:

Dang, I could even see her hair has very thick, deep frizz. Keep conditioning and straightening, and she should be right as rain :)

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 03:00:12 PM »
I have rehaired several argies but only when they had mowhawks. And only with real G1 hair.
IMO this pony doesn't need to be rehaired. Especially since she's especially rare to begin with. A hair straightener will work wonders!
Having said that, it is your pony to do as you please :) but also know that rehairing will chop her value in half.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 03:03:40 PM by relcelestia »
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
After seeing the listing, I agree that the condition was clearly shown in the pictures. I think that pony is worth about $250-300, and rehairing would significantly lower the price from what the auction ended at. I would not expect the seller to give a partial refund without returning the pony for a full refund.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »
I have rehaired several argies but only when they had mowhawks. And only with real G1 hair.
IMO this pony doesn't need to be rehaired. Especially since she's especially rare to begin with. A hair straightener will work wonders!
Having said that, it is your pony to do as you please :) but also know that rehairing will chop her value in half.

From the pictures she is missing some of the forelock.  Is filling in with donor vintage hair still going to decrease around the same amount?

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
Adding any new hair, even donor hair from another g1 pony would probably reduce her value to under $100. Most people looking for very rare Nirvana ponies won't pay high prices for a pony with an type of restoration. A pony with a major hair cut to its original hair is typically worth more than a rehaired pony. The condition of this pony's hair is not bad given how extremely rare she is.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
There we have it! Hopefully, now that you have some more information you can decide what you want to do. :)

Thanks for being so helpful everyone.  I'm happy we have so many really knowledgeable users willing to help out.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 06:09:56 PM »
Yeah, this pony has enough hair to be salvaged and a good styler could easily cover most of the issue of the hair and soften it.  It seems like you're looking at all the faults of the pony and not her rarity or her good points?

Maybe you should pass her onto another member, I've seen several people state you got a good price for her and have seen this pony go for more.  Maybe you should offer her up for the price you paid, plus shipping and plus $10-$20?  Then you don't have a pony you don't like, you've gotten your money back and money for the trouble, right? 

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 10:39:05 PM »
Is this pony really that ultra rare? I think I will treat her hair with conditioner and probably resell her.
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal