collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A HUGE Thank You to Summer (SweetTune) & the Fair Staff!!!  (Read 2064 times)

Offline cookhuman

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+162)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
A HUGE Thank You to Summer (SweetTune) & the Fair Staff!!!
« on: July 09, 2013, 02:30:54 AM »
I just wanted to take a moment and thank Summer and ALL of the Fair staff/volunteers for such a wonderful event.  I had a blast! 

The hotel was lovely, very reasonably priced and in quite a convenient location.  The vendor areas and tables/chairs were comfortable and laid out well.  The events, games, presentations and contests were fun and interesting.  I'm sure that everyone felt this way, but being able to meet and have a pony signed by Bonnie Zacherle was really a highlight in my collecting career.  I hope she enjoyed the event as well. 

So to wrap it up, I just want to reiterate that we appreciate what must be countless hours of normally thankless work you put into the Fair.  You put on an event that meant so very much to all of us and I know I had such a memorable time.  I can't wait for next year!!! :) 

[sticky ~ hathorcat ~ 12.07.13]
[unsticky ~ hathorcat ~ 19.07.13]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:26:22 AM by hathorcat »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
Re: A HUGE Thank You to Summer (SweetTune) & the Fair Staff!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:34:55 AM »
Seconded! Though I didn't stay at the hotel, I was amazed at how easy it was to navigate and the Starbucks and lounge downstairs was a bonus! It was close to CityWay where I was staying. Plus Sheraton being attached to the mall was great.. plenty of places to eat and bathrooms everywhere!  Everyone was so nice and the vendors and representatives from Funrise, etc were awesome. I didn't do any panels, but the lineup looked great. I hope Summer and the fair staff got a chance to relax and enjoy the pony fun too!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ValhallaLilly

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • currently scarce on the forums to avoid buying!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »
This is great.
I also wanted to thank the staff that were working everything. They seemed very organized and just made everything easy to follow. Thanks for a great time!
posting from a phone! everything is hard!

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 02:46:35 PM »
This was my first fair and I had a great time.  I was really happy with the organization.  Events happened on time.  Volunteers were easy to find and friendly.  Events were lots of fun!  I hear this is the first year you've had more than one room for the whole con, but I never would have guessed from how smoothly it went.  I loved being able to register prior to the dinner to save time and lines in the morning.  You guys rule!!!  Thanks for a great fair.  I want to come back :)

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
As always, Summer, Mary and he rest of the fair staff did an amazing job!  We had a fantastic time again this year, everything went so smoothly. It was wonderful to see Bonnie back again this year, and also nice to see so much programming. I didn't make it to everything I wanted to but I had a great time.

Thanks again for putting the Fair on and making it such a great experience for us all.

Elf

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
Yes!  My mom and I had a lot of fun!  This was our second Fair/vendors and I feel like we are experts, now!  No major hitches for us this time around!  I really enjoyed Bonnie's and Summer's talk- it was neat to learn a little more about them both.  And I got autographs and pictures for my scrapbook- WAHOO!
All of the staff was fabulous- very friendly and always willing to help.  The room was really nice and the location was easy to get in and out of for restaurants.
It was a blast seeing some familiar faces and meeting new pony friends.

A huge 4 thumbs up (me and my mom  :biggrin: ) for an awesome 2013 Fair!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+593)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 05:05:03 PM »
yes!
this was my first year in a Fair hotel and it was a great price for the quality!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Princess Lala

• Cherry Blossom Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »
I didnt go at all.. but I also give out my thanks for helping set up an event! I bet it was a lot of work to do in one weekend! So many people had an amazing time, I want to try to go next year!

IG: @prettypinkguardian

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 05:18:52 PM »
Summer and Mary and all the fair helpers do a great job with the fair. Thank you for everything you do for us!

Awesome job this year!!
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »
I agree!  Summer, Mary, and the rest of the Fair Staff did a phenomenal job.  This year was exciting with the addition of the extra rooms, the corporate licensees (and all their gifts to attendees!), and the new Hall of Fame dinner.  I had the greatest time possible and am sadly waiting for next year to roll around. 

Wherever it is--I'm sold.  The Fair gets better and better and better.  Thank you!!!
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 06:07:14 PM »
Yay! Great work Summer and everyone else.   :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:08:13 PM »
Yes Thank you all so much! Summer and everyone at the Fair who worked and volunteered and who was a vendor... everything was great. I had the best time ever at my first pony fair, and now I can't wait to go to every single one I can! Thank you a ton!

And thanks to Bonnie for being the Guest of Honor! That really blew me away... :heart:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »
I agree!! Thank you so much, Summer and the Fair staff!! This was my first ever Fair and it could not have been more perfect. Everything was organized, and fun and just I don't even know how to put it into proper words, but it was amazing! <3
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 06:31:19 PM »
Summer, Mary, & all of the lucky family & friends that you roped into helping (err, I mean eagerly volunteered to help, lol!) on staff: You did a fantastic job!! This Fair had so much more to offer than ever before, and every bit of hard work you put into it shows! Everything was perfect. The Hall of Fame Dinner was an excellent idea, and I hope to see it continue at future Fairs. The additional games & activities were well organized. The Fair is truly a good time for pony fans of any age. Thanks for making it a special experience for longtime time collectors, as well as new fans (including families)! You are amazing! :cheer: Thank you!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:33:10 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08:51 PM »
The fact that there wasn't a sad face in the crowd the whole weekend should show what an awesome job you did!  Thank you for making My Little Pony so special, even to the "older" folks and making us all feel like a collective group!  Even the non-pony collector with me had fun, though she will never admit it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal