collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Fair: What You Need to Know  (Read 795 times)

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
MLP Fair: What You Need to Know
« on: July 02, 2013, 05:08:19 AM »
The 10th annual MY LITTLE PONY Fair is fast approaching. We are excited for the event and wanted to pass along some information to our attendees to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Please read this entire message as there is information regarding REGISTRATION, and EVENT DETAILS.

Information for Vendors:Registration for the event will begin at 8:00 am for vendors outside of the Plaza Ballroom on the 2nd floor of the hotel. Once vendors are processed, we will begin registration for non-vendors. However, non- vendor attendees will not be allowed in the room until 10 am.  Vendors are allowed a helper (who also must have a regular admission ticket) for set-up.  Vendors are welcome to bring their children in the Plaza Ballroom before 10 am, but they must remain with the vendor at all times. There should be no one walking around the Vendor room “shopping” or standing in line at the Fair Store before 10 am. We are also offering the opportunity for those with Vendor booths to pick up their registration packets between 5:00- 5:30 pm  during the Dinner check-in outside of the Clearwater Ballroom ( located on the main floor of the hotel) on Friday night. Even if you are not attending the dinner, if you are a VENDOR you may pick up your packet and Fair merchandise during this time. This will allow you to avoid the line on Saturday morning and go straight into the room at 8am for set-up.

Attendee Information:
Attendees will not be permitted into the Plaza Ballroom until 10 am. However, if you purchased your tickets online and arrive between 8 am and 10 am, your registration will be processed as soon as we process the vendors. Registration will take place outside of the PLAZA BALLROOM on the 2nd floor of the hotel.  This will allow you to enjoy the Fair as soon as the doors open at 10 am. Those without a reserved ticket will not be able to purchase tickets at the door until 10 am, unless they are accompanied by someone with a reserved ticket. Tickets will be available at the door for $25 per day. Children under 12 are free. All children must be accompanied by an adult with a general admission ticket.

The Fair will be taking place in 3 different rooms this year. The Plaza Ballroom (Vendor Room) will open at 10 am on Saturday. The Clearwater Ballroom will open at 10:30, and the Metro/Sugar Cube Corner will open at 11:00 am. Please refer to both the event schedule found on the inside of your Fair brochure as well as looking at the projection screen next to the Fair Store and Hasbro’s booth for event reminders.

Fair registration Packets:
You will receive your Fair packet upon registration. Inside, you will find an event brochure with a printed schedule, an event badge and lanyard for each adult, a wrist band for each child, and a voting card for each attendee and an event ink pen for each attendee.  If your child would like to participate in Pinkie Pie’s Balloon Pop or receive a special card from the EnterPLAY booth, please request a special modified event badge at time of check in.  Pinkie Pie Balloon Pop numbers are written on the backside of your event badge.

Fair Merchandise:
All sales at the Fair Store will be cash only from 10:00 am-11:00 am to help speed up check out.  After, 11 am, we will allow credit card payment for sales totaling $40 or more. This year’s limited edition MY LITTLE PONY is DJ Pon-3. She comes in a special light-up box and is a premium collector figure. Her cost is $50. Sales for DJ Pon-3 will begin at 10 am.  Sales of the Pony are limited to one per person.

Fair staff will have poster tubes available during registration and at the Fair Store for $2. If you ordered the large 2013 Fair poster, we pass out the posters flat and it is the buyer’s responsibility to roll their poster. Rubber bands are provided.

In addition to the regular Fair merchandise, we will also have MLP Mimobot 8 GB flash drives available through a special promotion with Hasbro licensee, Mimoco, during the Fair. Regularly priced at $24.99 at stores and through the Mimoco online store, the Fair will be able to sell them at only $18.

On Sunday, Build-A-Bear is hosting a Make Your Own Pony Party where attendees can make their own plush Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie. Orders were taken online for this event, but we ordered a few extra of each character. If you would like to participate in the Make Your Own Pony event, you can reserve your pony at the Fair booth for $24.99 each while supplies last.

The Fair Store will be offering a special release of Summer Hayes’ MY LITTLE PONY 2009-2012 Collector Inventory Guide Book for $20.

Games and Activities:
Please refer to your event schedule inside your Fair brochure for game and activity times and locations. Players will receive raffle tickets for participating in games and activities that can be used to enter any of the Fair prize raffles. The more you participate, the greater your odds of winning. Fair prize raffle items are on display throughout the weekend in the Clearwater Ballroom. Raffle winners will be awarded prizes during the award ceremony on Sunday afternoon. If you will not be present for the award ceremony, remember to put both your full name and address on the back of your tickets. Additional entry tickets can be purchased at the Fair store to increase your chances of winning.

Contests:Contest registration is scheduled from 11:30-2:00 in the Clearwater Ballroom. If you are entering any of the Fair contests, you will need to submit your entry or sign up during this time period. All customs, artwork, and handicraft items will be placed on display in the Clearwater Ballroom for voting. Awards will be given out on Sunday @ 4.

Autographs and artwork by Bonnie Zacherle:
Autograph vouchers for Ms. Bonnie Zacherle, creator of MY LITTLE PONY, will be available for purchase at the Fair Store for $5. Ms. Zacherle has also created a limited edition print especially for the Fair that will be offered at $10. This price includes both the print and an autograph. In addition, Ms. Zacherle will be raffling off the original framed artwork piece at the Fair Store. Tickets will be $5 each. All proceeds from autographs, prints or artwork raffle will go directly to Ms. Zacherle. Autograph vouchers can be used during any of the three autograph sessions over the weekend or after Bonnie’s presentation on Sunday.

Pajama Party:
Door prizes will be given at the Pajama Party. You will receive one ticket for attending, 1 additional ticket for wearing pajamas, and 1 more ticket if you bring either a blanket or stuffed animal with you to the party. You can be given a total of 3 tickets.

Friday Night Dinner:
For those with dinner tickets to the Celebration Dinner and Hall of Fame Ceremony, this event is taking place in the Clearwater Ballroom on the main level of the hotel. We will begin check-in for the dinner at 5:00 pm and dinner will begin at 5:30 pm. Please make sure that you adhere to the resort casual dress code and that you arrive in a timely manner. In addition to your dinner wristband tickets, you will also be receiving your entire Fair registration packet and any ordered merchandise at this time. This way, you will not have to go through check-in a second time on Saturday morning and instead can arrive at either 8:00 am (if you are a vendor) or 10:00 am for non-vendors.  Just remember to wear your event lanyard and badge found in your Fair registration packet. Seating is not assigned for this event. Tables are rounds and each sits 8 people. You may sit at any table that is not marked, “reserved.” The event is scheduled to last until 7:30 pm. During this time, we will be inducting 2 My Little Ponies into the Hall of Fame as well as Ms. Bonnie Zacherle.  A photographer, Stephanie Martell, will be taking candid photos during the evening and will post them to her website to review and order copies if you wish.

Fair Hours:
Saturday 10-5
Sunday 10-5

If you have any questions, please post them here and I will get them answered.

See you soon!
Summer Hayes

[sticky ~ 02.07.13 ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
[unsticky ~ 12.07.13 ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:13:02 AM by hathorcat »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
Re: MLP Fair: What You Need to Know
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 05:33:41 AM »
I'm so excited! Can't wait to for everything! Thank you so much for all that you do! This year is going to be a blast! :heart: :hug:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline CupcakePony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 07:06:00 AM »
Pajama Party???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glory is my BFF!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
Does a pony count as a stuffed toy?
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
I'm excited for the pajama party. I made my own pajama pants for it!

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:33:26 AM »
Hi, I assume the Pyjama party is Saturday night?

I have a question - which room is it in and what are the start and finish times?

Thanks!
Jem :biggrin:
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »
Hi, I assume the Pyjama party is Saturday night?

I have a question - which room is it in and what are the start and finish times?

Thanks!
Jem :biggrin:

Yes, Pajama Party is Saturday Night at 7:30- ? We figure that it will definitely be finished by 10:30.

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »
I'll be bringing a Bushwoolie with me to the Pajama Party-if I have any left after Saturday. :D - I've got a very limited supply this year.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 11:24:06 PM »
I'll be bringing a Bushwoolie with me to the Pajama Party-if I have any left after Saturday. :D - I've got a very limited supply this year.

Oooo good idea!! I'll have to nab one early ;)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 01:43:02 AM »
The title of this post begs for some jokes.  "MLP Fair:  What You Need to Know......"

Pony Fair, what you need to know....

...kiss your money goodbye!
...you'll completely space out on what ponies and accessories you need without a list.
...you will regret walking away from that pony because someone WILL snap it up right behind you.
...one tote bag is never enough.
...you'll look at the same booth over and over and over again and see different ponies each time.
...you'll walk your feet off.

Seriously, though, I'm supremely excited about the Fair this year and astounded at all that it has to offer.  Summer, you and the rest of the Fair Staff are incredible.
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 04:33:41 AM »
LOL songtoisis. So true! Especially, the not leaving behind ponies you're indecisive over. :drunk:
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 05:36:44 AM »
What if we are sharing a booth with someone, but do not have a vendor pass? I am sharing a both with LadySatine, but I only have a General Admission ticket, so how I would I get in to set up? It sounds like I could go in as her helper, but then how would I check in to get my fair packet? *so confused*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal