collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BABW Twilight and Spike coming August 1st & 2nd!  (Read 11001 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: BABW Twilight and Spike coming August 1st (UPDATE:Mixed reports...)
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2013, 07:29:57 AM »
I wonder if they'll bundle them as well as sell them separately? Have BAB ever bundled small plushes with larger ones before?

I'm hoping the crown won't be too expensive, or sold with the dress. I didn't buy any clothes for Rainbow Dash so I don't plan to get Twi's. Now I just gotta hold on until September so I can ask for these for my birthday...

I'm sure the crown will be sold with the dress. That's what they do for the Disney Princesses. Why would Princess Twilight Sparkle be any different.

sailorstitch

Oh well. Twilie will just have to be crownless XD
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2013, 07:35:17 AM »
I wonder if they'll bundle them as well as sell them separately? Have BAB ever bundled small plushes with larger ones before?

I'm hoping the crown won't be too expensive, or sold with the dress. I didn't buy any clothes for Rainbow Dash so I don't plan to get Twi's. Now I just gotta hold on until September so I can ask for these for my birthday...

I'm sure the crown will be sold with the dress. That's what they do for the Disney Princesses. Why would Princess Twilight Sparkle be any different.

sailorstitch

Here's what I would do.....

1: Buy the outfit.
2: Keep the crown.
3: Wait until the outfit sells out in stores.
4: Sell the parts you don't want on Ebay.
5: Possibly make a profit.

sailorstitch

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2013, 07:51:15 AM »
I am excited for Twilight Sparkle and Spike!

...unfortunately I was going to go buy Pinkie last night on a whim, and she was gone from the BABW website.  I'm not a huge fan of Rainbow Dash, and I'll probably get her at some point, but I was really looking forward to getting Pinkie.  I guess I waited too long.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 07:51:48 AM »

sailorstitch

Here's what I would do.....

1: Buy the outfit.
2: Keep the crown.
3: Wait until the outfit sells out in stores.
4: Sell the parts you don't want on Ebay.
5: Possibly make a profit.

sailorstitch

That's tempting. Postage from here is pretty expensive, be it domestic or international, though, so it's more likely I'd make a loss. I'll wait until I see the price and crown in person before I make a decision, though :)

I am excited for Twilight Sparkle and Spike!

...unfortunately I was going to go buy Pinkie last night on a whim, and she was gone from the BABW website.  I'm not a huge fan of Rainbow Dash, and I'll probably get her at some point, but I was really looking forward to getting Pinkie.  I guess I waited too long.

My nearest BAB had a load of both ponies left last time I went (last week) and both ponies are still available on the UK website. Might be best to try and check stores near you to see if they have any stock left. I'd offer to grab you an unstuffed one but my nearest BAB isn't very near at all ^^;
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:55:51 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »
My nearest BAB had a load of both ponies left last time I went (last week) and both ponies are still available on the UK website. Might be best to try and check stores near you to see if they have any stock left. I'd offer to grab you an unstuffed one but my nearest BAB isn't very near at all ^^;

Thanks for letting me know about the UK site and the retail stores.  Unfortunately the nearest BABW store to me is about 2 hours away, so I'm no better off than you in that respect haha!  And I've got no plans to go in that direction any time soon.  Maybe Pinkie is just temporarily out of stock on the US site *crosses fingers*

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:50 AM »

Thanks for letting me know about the UK site and the retail stores.  Unfortunately the nearest BABW store to me is about 2 hours away, so I'm no better off than you in that respect haha!  And I've got no plans to go in that direction any time soon.  Maybe Pinkie is just temporarily out of stock on the US site *crosses fingers*

If you have a look on Ebay maybe someone has her for retail? I know around the time of release Dash and Pinkie were available for their retail prices or a little more on Ebay :)

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »
She's so cute! The Build a Bear plushes are way cuter in person, I think. Can't wait to get her! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »

If you have a look on Ebay maybe someone has her for retail? I know around the time of release Dash and Pinkie were available for their retail prices or a little more on Ebay :)

Just out of curiosity, I just went to look at sold auctions on ebay.  I saw that Pinkie has been sold recently for anywhere between $20 to $40 both with and without the dress.  I think you would have a good chance at getting her that way.  Maybe even for cheaper than in the store.  I didn't look at the shipping costs though.

(On a side note. I just love that Ebay's advanced search now has an option to limit searches to only items that actually sold.  Makes looking for average prices much easier!)

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
Also! According to EQD, the August 2 date is for Australian BABWs. August 1 for the US. :)

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
Is it bad of me to want to buy the Twilight plush, and cut off her wings?

Also, I'm okay with Spike being a smaller plush...at least I know he'll fit on Twilight's back!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
Is it bad of me to want to buy the Twilight plush, and cut off her wings?

Also, I'm okay with Spike being a smaller plush...at least I know he'll fit on Twilight's back!

I say it's your plush, do as you please ^^ If you bought one un-stuffed it would be pretty easy to mod

So, it's official for Canada, August 1st for sure! :D I've been haunting buildabear.ca for over a week looking for an announcement. I'm thrilled to bits :heart:

http://www.buildabear.ca/events/default.aspx?sc_hpan=Banner

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2013, 11:46:24 AM »
UK Build-A-Bear have confirmed on their FB page that launch here is on the 1st of August too :)

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »
Guess who I saw at BABW today! :)

Twilight has arrived! (As a display-only teaser pony of course. Dash is still being sold here, but Twilight isn't out for sale yet until August.)

:D Sorry for the awkward photo - she was on a really high shelf... ^^;
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: BABW Twilight and Spike coming August 1st!!!
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2013, 10:40:46 PM »
I thought Fluttershy was coming next. :huh: She's the only other one I really want.

BaB reps at the Pony Fair confirmed that Twilight Sparkle and Spike were coming this fall, and they strongly hinted that Fluttershy was also coming soon.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2013, 05:31:23 AM »
I bought a Build A Bear yesterday (a cute red panda!) and got the new pamphlet confirming August 1st for Twilight Sparkle and Spike :D I also got a coupon good for $5 off a $25 purchase in September :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal