collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Funko protos- ponies revealed  (Read 7702 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: New Funko protos- ponies revealed
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:17 AM »
@Nasaniaru the release date is 12th August for both Lyra and Pinkie.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Nasaniaru

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2013, 09:24:51 AM »
Thank you very much hathorcat. That information is much appreciated.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2013, 08:01:42 AM »
@Brony Galore it may not be that much harder - but Hasbro know their market...the hats are pink or green for a reason they think that will appeal more.

Does anyone else think the Vinyl just makes the SDCC/Fair exclusive a bit kind of pointless?

Question for the OP-   Are these your pictures or are they pics from the Gemini site?

These are from gemini's site. they were available for sale a few hours ago. I know that on gemini's site once the item sells the pic goes away. I saved them so I could take a better look at who was coming. I did buy one of the protos but was not able to afford them all. So, I had to pick and choose. I know linking to gemini wasn't allowed and as I mentioned once someone bought the proto the pic would disappear.

L

You can link to Gemini :) Its no different than any other site like Amazon, etc.
Hopefully Funko will make an extra DJ Pon-3. And I agree it would be pointless to have made her a SDCC and MLP Fair exclusive in the first place. But after reading that the exclusive one cannot be removed from her box made me pass on her even more on top of the price. I enjoy de-boxing my ponies, letting them breathe not just stare at them in a box  :huh:
And the exclusive's price is truly outrageous. Ranging from $60-$200  >_< I like DJ Pon-3 manestyle, but I'm not gonna splurge money on a pony just to sit in a flashy box :s
I'm really hoping that she'll come out a regular  ;) its more affordable and easily obtainable... and she can be freed from her box!!! :D
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »
@Brony Galore it may not be that much harder - but Hasbro know their market...the hats are pink or green for a reason they think that will appeal more.

Does anyone else think the Vinyl just makes the SDCC/Fair exclusive a bit kind of pointless?

Question for the OP-   Are these your pictures or are they pics from the Gemini site?

These are from gemini's site. they were available for sale a few hours ago. I know that on gemini's site once the item sells the pic goes away. I saved them so I could take a better look at who was coming. I did buy one of the protos but was not able to afford them all. So, I had to pick and choose. I know linking to gemini wasn't allowed and as I mentioned once someone bought the proto the pic would disappear.

L

You can link to Gemini :) Its no different than any other site like Amazon, etc.
Hopefully Funko will make an extra DJ Pon-3. And I agree it would be pointless to have made her a SDCC and MLP Fair exclusive in the first place. But after reading that the exclusive one cannot be removed from her box made me pass on her even more on top of the price. I enjoy de-boxing my ponies, letting them breathe not just stare at them in a box  :huh:
And the exclusive's price is truly outrageous. Ranging from $60-$200  >_< I like DJ Pon-3 manestyle, but I'm not gonna splurge money on a pony just to sit in a flashy box :s
I'm really hoping that she'll come out a regular  ;) its more affordable and easily obtainable... and she can be freed from her box!!! :D
  I do not think she will be released again , that is what makes it an Exclusive ,if they do then it will be pointless, but none of the funko protos show a DJ pon3 at all , so not sure why anyone will expect another release of a pony that is an exclusive to both the SDCC and the MLP fair . Hasbro is the one that controls what gets licensed to be made ,so I very much doubt any other DJPon3 with molded hair, maybe they will make a new FS Brushable eventually :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »
none of the funko protos show a DJ pon3 at all , so not sure why anyone will expect another release of a pony that is an exclusive to both the SDCC and the MLP fair . Hasbro is the one that controls what gets licensed to be made ,so I very much doubt any other DJPon3 with molded hair, maybe they will make a new FS Brushable eventually :)
Look back on the first page. There is a Funko DJ Pon-3 proto pic there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:40:07 PM by 3377345 »

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2013, 06:00:09 PM »
none of the funko protos show a DJ pon3 at all , so not sure why anyone will expect another release of a pony that is an exclusive to both the SDCC and the MLP fair . Hasbro is the one that controls what gets licensed to be made ,so I very much doubt any other DJPon3 with molded hair, maybe they will make a new FS Brushable eventually :)
ahhhh wow they are making her again !!!   well is not  exactly like the SDCC  , at least is different , looks like the SDCC is a FS size with molded hair , kinda like the Design a Pony  they have been making .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »
ahhhh wow they are making her again !!!   well is not  exactly like the SDCC  , at least is different , looks like the SDCC is a FS size with molded hair , kinda like the Design a Pony  they have been making .
Ya! :D plus FS Ditzy/Bubble rump/Muffins was a SDCC and MLP Fair and Hasbro's releasing her again as a regular to TRU...its like a 2nd chance to get her :3
So this'll be the ones who wasn't able to go to the conventions or don't have the money to buy her off from ebay 2nd chance to get DJ as a regular  ^.^
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »
So if these funko toys will be released in toys r us stores in the future.... does that mean a higher chancer to find the chase glitter translucent figures for more future releases!? That would be awesome since I have 3 TRU stores near me, its better than mall hoping around DFW!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
So if these funko toys will be released in toys r us stores in the future.... does that mean a higher chancer to find the chase glitter translucent figures for more future releases!? That would be awesome since I have 3 TRU stores near me, its better than mall hoping around DFW!!

Yes because for every 24 of each pony 1 will be translucent. So the more released, the more places they are stocked [assuming they take a minimum of 24 to each store - which is probably the minimum stock anyway] the better your chance of tracking a chase figure down.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »
Not really true my Hot Topic only ordered 9 of each total, also I have never seen vinyls at any of the toysrus around here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »
Yes but stock totals are carried by a DC and then distributed to stores. Its perhaps just that your store only stocked 9 of them. Individual Hot Topic stores dont order from Funko they order from central DCs which will carry larger selections - packs of 24 of each pony.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
Oh okay that makes sense!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login