collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird issue in a weird situation... what do I do?  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Weird issue in a weird situation... what do I do?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 01:38:01 PM »
Ok, so it turns out that I've had issues with this member too (Sunshine confirmed it through PMs)
Again, nothing major so I never left feedback. Main issue was poor or non existent communication. :S and once I was unhappy with the service I also got a PM that was guilt tripping me rather than being helpful, but that was a long time ago and I was a newbie and this member had ton of feedback and whatnot, so I never said anything :S

~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 01:42:30 PM »
:hug:

Oh and just to clarify, I have not been like trolling around asking people about this person... so, I'm not going around saying anything through PMs that is bad... But if someone asks me if it was so-and-so and says they wonder because of issue x-y-z they had or did not have (believe me I've heard good stories in my pms regarding this seller too!), all I do is let them know that indeed it's the same person.

That's still why there's no names on this thread. Not necessary.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 02:30:31 PM »
Absolutely, I was the one who sent Sunshine a PM to inquire if it is the member I think it is.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 02:47:06 PM »
I hope your pony arrives ! You´re starting to scaring me, since I´m expecting a package to arrive from the other part of the world. But it´s normal to 1 or more months to arrive.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 12:30:31 AM »
I've had a few unfortunate interactions with members here who have ample feedback and have been here for a long time. As in, very unprofessional conduct, lack of communication, item not as described etc. Nothing ever escalated enough for me to leave bad feedback but I have definitely understood that great feedback does not 100% guarantee great service :S

is this about the live scorpions I sent to you? Don't be shy about speaking out.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 05:30:08 AM »
Hahaha :) No, considering the fact that it would be Icelanders who open such a package first (customs), and Icelanders are total cowards when it comes to any living things, so long as I could have seen their faces, I would have congratulated you ^^
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:37:12 AM by Vintergatan »
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »
It's tough when problems are found with a well known seller.  I often find that others come forward who were too afraid to voice their concerns for fear of community backlash or alienating an influential member.

The part that bothers me about all this is the... you owe me a favor later kind of limbo.  I suppose it's because now you'd be forced to complete another transaction with someone that you have had some difficulty with.  I'm sure the seller is a good person, but that's not the issue here.  Well known and loved or not, the transaction has not been fulfilled and the communication has not been the best.  I wouldn't want to owe a freebie to someone that I couldn't have a gentle, kind conversation with.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »
It's tough when problems are found with a well known seller.  I often find that others come forward who were too afraid to voice their concerns for fear of community backlash or alienating an influential member.

The part that bothers me about all this is the... you owe me a favor later kind of limbo.  I suppose it's because now you'd be forced to complete another transaction with someone that you have had some difficulty with.  I'm sure the seller is a good person, but that's not the issue here.  Well known and loved or not, the transaction has not been fulfilled and the communication has not been the best.  I wouldn't want to owe a freebie to someone that I couldn't have a gentle, kind conversation with.

I mean, in my mind... if that pony doesn't show up, I don't know if I can honor our agreement... one side wasn't fulfilled (yet?)

I'm so over this... but then, today I got a message from the seller...
Let me be clear these are the ONLY words, so I'm sure she's thoroughly ticked because of all the "waves" I might be causing but...

"Your parcel still has these status:

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

No tracking number for me or anything, just those words. No Hi or bye (haha, really pissed at me! lol) but why the heck no tracking number? Let me look it up myself? I dunno if I specifically asked about what my tracking number was but I did ask for what date it was shipped and "about X weeks ago" isn't... good enough. I keep records now, because I had an issue with a lost package, so I don't see why a really well known, high-volume seller would not do the same? :huh:

Also, what does that mean? Does that mean her post still has it? So could she maybe go to the post and get it? :huh: I can't get it from that post office... an ocean away from me... so where do we go from here? :huh:

My Want List

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »
Hmm my inclination would be perhaps that they didn't send it when they said they did and if there is tracking they don't want to give it to you because then you could prove they were not honest about when they send it.  But I am not sure.

I've been in similar situations and had friends who have had the same kind of problem as you.  I think you've been incredibly polite about it and I don't think there is much more you can do.  The seller is angry and isn't wanting to communicate with you.  Since you have left it anonymous you haven't created any waves for them.

What pony was it? Maybe I can help you find it to make you feel whole again without having to spend more $.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:37:10 PM by Sarahlacewing »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »
Sarah - that's what I was hoping, this thread is anonymous, remained anonymous except for the fact that Vinter also was brave enough to say they had an issue with said person too, again, no divulging names, and I don't intend to. The mods can do what they please, I just wanted to report the latest, and get clarification on that mailing "code" because I don't... truly understand what it means? :)

But thank you hun, I've tried to be positive and amicable, I'm not sending nasty PMs to the seller or the mods complaining, I'm trying to make sure anything I do say is rational and not out of haste or annoyance.

My Want List

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 09:40:54 AM »
Just for the record the member in question is not a Mod and the Mods are fully aware of the on going situation here. We are handling it privately at this time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:23:50 AM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2013, 09:43:39 AM »
Best wishes Sunshine!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:37:26 PM by Sarahlacewing »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »
Yeah, I did what I could and talked to ponylady. I don't think it needs to be a public thing at all... that's still why I kept anonymity with everything, as best I could... I know some things I posted allowed others to guess who it was but I still think the seller deserves protection. I told ponylady that I still truly don't think that person needs to be put on blast, on the bad seller/trade list, on a watch list, anything like that...

I trust in the mods handling everything and since I'm pretty much over it, I don't think they need to be all crazy aggressive with the situation either. :)

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal