collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Surprise! It's ponies!  (Read 462 times)

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Surprise! It's ponies!
« on: June 21, 2013, 03:02:37 PM »
Two years ago, I unpacked my ponies, although with half of my belongings from storage. I then cut my collection in half since I don't have the room I used to and don't expect that to change. Today I while cleaning our storage room, I found 4 boxes which I THOUGHT were textbooks, it turns out two were not, and ONE of those two was full of PONIES! Ponies that I had thought I had sold (I was SURE I had sold Gypsy and Baby Fifi), and some I don't hadn't even remembered owning, like a fancy-pants argie. Arg... now I have to do my best not to keep any more as there are so many cuties in this box. I thought I was through these tough decisions... oh well, fun going through the box though and hopefully I'll find new homes for some here for those I'll have to part with. Holy-box-of-cuteness, so much better than a box of textbooks!

How about you? Ever find ponies you were thought were long gone? Ever stumble across a pony in your collection you don't recollect collecting? Or were sure you had sold? Or maybe you just fond a pony in an odd place?

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Surprise! It's ponies!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 03:07:57 PM »
Just the other day looking for boxes to ship ponies!  I took down a box in my closet. I thought it was empty or books, and hello, ponies!  Quackers, Autumn Leaves, Minty!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »
Oh wow! Now that is a pretty cool and unexpected find.

One day when I was moving some MIB/MOCs around, I found a MIB Chocolate Delight...I still to this day do not remember buying her.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »
yes my baby sister was going through a dresser and swirly whirly showed up , and we thought we lost her years ago. I did get to keep her and she has lots of new herd members to live with.

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
It's happened to me too! I thought I had lost my Dream Castle carrying case full of my childhood ponies when we moved but about 5 years later I found in in our basement wrapped in a garbage bag. I found I ton of ponies I was just beginning to consider rebuying like Barnacle, Parasol, and Cheeries Jubilee so it was great timing!

kirei_na_sakura

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »
The other day I found G3 Starbeam in a glass vase in the bottom of my linen closet. She was on my wish list and I've had her the whole time!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 06:06:51 PM »
They weren't my ponies but when we bought our house, there were some ponies in the attic. It's what got me into collecting, that and just finding out I was pregnant with my daughter shortly after finding them :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »
They weren't my ponies but when we bought our house, there were some ponies in the attic. It's what got me into collecting, that and just finding out I was pregnant with my daughter shortly after finding them :)

That is awesome!  I wish that would happen to me!

A few years ago I was going through totes of ponies to see who I needed to upgrade when I stumbled across Baby Leaper! I do not remember buying or trading for him but there he was!  A pretty awesome surprise since he was at the top of my want list at the time.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
haha, I just found some like that. I will be slowly giving them away.

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »
My parents just moved and when we were cleaning out the house, I remembered I had a bag of ponies somewhere but couldn't remember where. My mom, totally nonchalant, went, "oh, they're under the air conditioner". Opened the door and BAM! Masquerade was in there, Glory, Whizzer, baby Cotton Candy. It was AWESOME to find them again!

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »
No I have never had that joy to find ponies that I thought were gone. I did not have to many of them when I was little. And I sold off all of my collection a few years back when I left. Now that I am back I know what I have and do not have.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 08:22:16 PM »
For a while my collection was split in half. I had some ponies at home in CA and some at college in IN. I moved back to CA for good and was unpacking my IN collection when I found... two Zecoras.

I remember receiving one from my mom, but the other I have no idea where it came from.

Duster reference]

momo_no_hime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 10:29:18 PM »
My G3 Minty army was started by accident when I found a couple of her that I thought I had sold. I had the pictures in a sales folder, so I thought they were gone. When I was unpacking ponies after a move I couldn't figure out how I had come to have multiple Mintys! I also tend to forget some of the ponies that I have. Too many to keep track of!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 05:59:04 AM »
I can honestly say I've never had this happen. Though it would be nice to find extra ponies in something random.  ^.^

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »
lol, so many great stories! So happy for everyone who's had this joy.

For those who haven't had a shock like this: I'm wishing you Surprise-It's-Ponies! luck! May ponies pop into your lives in unexpected and happy ways and places!

Munchy, that must've been so awesome! I thought mine might have been lost years ago too but my dad dropped of this box that they found and it was my childhood ponies! That's what got me into collecting too as my ponies were in it but the Castle was long gone... so I found my way here! Now I have a Castle again, those ponies I always dreamed of, and then some!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal