collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ** 4 - Seasons - Swap - 2013 - BRAG THREAD **  (Read 3397 times)

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: ** 4 - Seasons - Swap - 2013 - BRAG THREAD **
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »
I'm so glad you like everything :)! It was so fun to shop for you. I'm sorry the chocolate melted on its way to you. And that dolphin keychain made me think of you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »
Lovely box, blonde2themax and NinaMarie! :biggrin:

Now I must wait patiently for the others to post...
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »
Glad you all enjoyed the teaser.  Now for the REAL brag (rolls up sleeves in preparation of sharing awesomeness):

The first picture I showed was the top of my box from moonflower.  Not only did it have the beautiful print-out of her artwork representing four seasons of ponies, but she stuck postcards and stickers on all sides of the box (even on the inside box flaps) of all the things I love: crayons, rainbows, beagles, owls, bears, moose, Disney, Hello Kitty, Snoopy, unicorns... only showing a couple sides here, but you get the picture!!

I knew right then and there that it was going to be an awesome swap box.  ^.^

My cute Snoopy card and a preview of all the wrapped pressies:

I opened up everything in the comfort of my bed since I hadn't been feeling well that day, and
I'm certain it took well over a half hour from beginning to end.  In the aftermath I was surrounded
by a mountain of wrapping paper. ;) Sleep did me good and I was ready to take the rest of my brag
photos on Saturday. 

Starting with the goodies (I'm afraid the two bags of gingerbread men didn't make the shoot):

A small glass jar of fancy-shmancy Douwe Egberts instant coffee, caramel flavoured!  Can't wait
to try this.  A whole roll of gourmet chocolate chip cookies, which soon met the same fate as the
gingerbread men, lol.  I did at least share with my husband and children. ;) Lastly, two huge bars
of delicious Lindt chocolate, both dark (which is our favourite!) and in two of our most-loved
flavour combos, coconut and caramel w/ sea salt!  The only reason these haven't been devoured
yet is because we have been too busy getting the house ready for our visitors on Wednesday. 

Some fun extras:

A Hello Kitty water bottle that rolls up for easy travel, some fun summer ice cream bowls, a new
ice cream scoop (which we needed, by the way!), a My Little Pony jump rope for my little girl,
some ocean-themed beads for me to use in my jewelry-making, fun stampers, and a Skittles
candle that smells so good my son snuck it in his backback to take to school with him on Monday,
lol!!!  Thankfully I found it when I was bringing the boys' backpacks up to their room on Saturday,
otherwise it wouldn't have made the photo shoot.  :P

Owl show you some more extras:

moonflower included so much owl stuff that I decided to give them their own special brag photo.
A cute owl figurine, a small notebook, sticker book, the coolest-ever vintage pin badges of owls
imploring you to read (these are awesome, thanks!!), a folder, a necklace, and one of those Wild
Republic bird plushes with real bird calls -- this one is a Great Grey Owl. :)

Close-up of the beautiful necklace moonflower chose for me:

I plan to wear this when we drive to the airport to pick up my in-laws on Wednesday. :heart:

Even more extras:

A cute ladybird story book for my daughter, an awesome colouring and information book from
moonflower's hometown, and some printable MLP stickers. :)

Sorry, not quite done sharing extras yet!  ^.^ These ones are Snoopy-themed:

Since my card featured Snoopy, I decided to include it again here.  There are also two more
notepads, a vintage skating Snoopy figurine (so cool!!), and some printable holiday Snoopy
stickers.  moonflower doesn't know it, but I absolutely LOVE holiday Snoopy stickers.  Can't
wait to use these!

Getting closer to the ponies, just one more photo of extras:

An iron-on Beagle patch and the cutest li'l crocheted Beagle I've ever seen!!! Oh my goodness,
she is just too adorable.  I had to nuzzle her nose and talk sweetly to her and kiss her little forehead. 
I knew right away that this wasn't just any crocheted Beagle... moonflower MADE her for me!!
She is even wearing a special collar saying so.  ^.^ moonflower, really, I love her so much and
am incredibly grateful for such a thoughtful, beautiful homemade gift. :hug:

NOW the ponies  :P

MIB Lovely Ladybug, Baby Pineapple, Sunset Shimmer, and G3 Minty.  They are all absolutely
perfect, and just WOW.... Baby Pineapple!!!  She is my favourite of the Baby Paradise ponies, and
also my first!  I thought it would be a long while before I added any of this set to my collection.
As excited as I am about her, I am totally thrilled with the other three as well.  All ones I really
wanted (well, naturally, they were on my list, but you know what I mean, lol...)  :P

Wasn't that epic?  Am I right or am I right?  ^.^

Oh, but wait... what's this?

A giant Easter egg?!  I wonder what's inside?  The pre-wrapping had a mysterious "open last"
gift tag on it.  Hmm.... let's find out, shall we?

Nah, it couldn't be.... could it???

It IS!!!

A custom Greek Ladybird, painstakingly rehaired and painted by the multi-talented moonflower!
Seriously, girl, what DON'T you know how to do?  ^.^

I wish I knew how to explain just what this means to me.  One of the swap questions asked if we would like a custom pony as part of our box, and if so, what we might like to see.  I mentioned that I would love to have a custom Greek Ladybird (since I know I'll never have the real deal), but I honestly never expected that my partner would be willing to undertake such a monumental task.  When I first saw her, I clapped my hand over my mouth and just stared for several seconds.  Yes, even got a little teary.  :blush: Not only is she a beautiful custom pony, but she has got to be one of the closest imitations to a Hasbro pony I've ever seen.  Maybe even better than Hasbro!

I mean, check out this detail!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, moonflower.  She is absolutely gorgeous.  I don't even want
to have a real Greek Ladybird anymore, not when I have something as beautiful as this. :heart:

Last, but not least, everything together: 

It took up half my table and I had to back up a few feet just to get everything in the shot, lol. 
Thank you again for everything.  I love it all and am still completely gobsmacked at just how
much time, care, and effort you put into making this box truly extraordinary. :heart: :heart: :heart: 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:00:56 PM by lochnessmomster »

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 09:08:38 PM »
WOW amazing boxes, I LOVE all the owl stuff, cute ness, and that Custom is so amazing, looks like the real deal
Heres my box, from the lovely Aurora,
opening the box

First up is Autumn, look at the cute Halloween bag, the hair is donated by a dog chewed victim, lol. and look my fave pony Night Glider!! And a gorgeous G2 MoonShadow,
Gorgeous stickers too!
OMG this is sooo cute, I squeed so hard when I saw it

and this scarf is SOOOOO thick an warm, and is mintys colours, its soo perfect as its friggen freezing here!!! And some beauties to add to my collection too!

This my dear Aurora, made me giggle, No way will you see me in this hula hula skirt, necklace and the boob coconut covers, lol. soo funny tho, but sorry, apart from it being in the middle of winter, im abit over weight and am no way near confident to share that pick. lol tho, sooo cool,
teeny gorgeous breezies! and such a pretty bag!

Inside one of these eggs was a crème egg, yummo that went straight into my mouth! And 2 beautiful bracelets
as well as a cool vase, some chocs and a daddy too! And a gorgeous egg with chick bag!

and the whole lot together,

thanks so much, totally love everything I got, your awesome!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Nohpny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:17 PM »
All these brags are amazing! Can't wait to do a swap someday. <3

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 09:18:23 PM »
Yay, mas brags! Amazing boxes, both of you!
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »
In my haste to share my brag, I forgot to comment on yours, NinaMarie!  Sorry 'bout that.  :blush: I always make it a point to comment on other people's brags because I want them to do the same for me.  :P

Firstly, I love all the Hawaiian stuff!  How totally cool.  Reminds me of when we used to live in Arizona and would go shopping at Hilo Hattie.  ^.^ *steals some chocolate-covered macadamias*

The vase is cool, too.  Love the shape!  And the ponies all look really lovely, especially the Summer Wing Sky Dancer. :heart:  Great job, blonde2themax!!

And Saja, you got Aurora's box!!  Neato!  I was wondering who was going to get the box with all the cool holiday-themed packaging. :) You got some really great ponies there.  Daddy Sweet Celebrations and Night Glider, woo-hoo!!  And Marshmellow Coco.  Just love her. :heart: I really like those shiny bracelets, too.  Another great box!!

~Pony Wish List~

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »
Oooh Lochness so jealous of your custom she is quite gorgeous! And congrats on the incredible amount of extras!

Saja congrats to you too! Those bracelets are so pretty and so are all the ponies!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 05:19:23 AM »
Oooh Lochness so jealous of your custom she is quite gorgeous! And congrats on the incredible amount of extras!

Saja congrats to you too! Those bracelets are so pretty and so are all the ponies!

Thanks, NinaMarie... I don't know what I did to deserve the luxury treatment with this swap, but I certainly am grateful.  Going to put my crocheted Beagle and Greek Ladybird on display on my dresser -- as soon as it's clean, lol!!! 

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 08:38:32 AM »
:dropjaw: These brags are amazing! :squee: I'm sad I missed out on this swap! It looks like it was so much fun :)
My Wish List

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 10:39:53 AM »
Really awesome things y'all got!  *wasn't part of swap but loves to see anyway*  Looks like y'all had a blast!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »
@Lochnessmomster So glad you like everything! It was great putting together a box for you - it was so easy and I had so much fun with it! :biggrin:

Wonderful brags everyone, so much awesome stuff!! Those bracelets are so pretty!!

Now for my brag! My box was from the lovely lochnessmomster!

Here is everything before I started unwrapping...!
Love the ice-cream wrapping paper!

The beach toys are perfect for my little boy as we are going to the seaside next week! I can't wait to try the boat out!

Here are all the awesome extras together...

Welly boot soaps, Halloween Hello Kitty plush, robin plush, jelly beans, santa socks, Dip Dab, autumn postcards, my favourite Cadbury's chocolate (I am addicted to these it is true!), beach toys, Finding Nemo magic flannels, pretty handmade earrings and unicorn vanilla lipbalm!

A closer pic of some of the smaller items...

The lipbalm smells absolutely divine - it was inside the egg which was one of the first things I opened and I could smell it as I was opening everything - it was heaven!  ^.^
Is it just me or does everyone get the urge to eat everything and wear everything they get as soon as they open it? (everything edible/wearable that is! lol) :biggrin:

A closer look at the earrings lochnessmomster made - they are so pretty!! Thank you! <3

Ponies..!!!!

MIB G3s and so many G1s - over the moon! :yippee:
And don't forget the ponywear! The hat suits Brilliant Bloom so much!
I tried to guess who the baby pony was before taking the suit off...

...but I failed - it was Baby Noddins! Here she is without..!

So pretty!! <3

Everything together...

So much awesomeness! - thank you so much, lochnessmomster, for putting together such a lovely swap box!!
I'm absolutely thrilled with everything! :biggrin: :hug: xxx

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 02:29:31 PM »
Awww, thanks... you made my box seem so much more awesome than it actually is, lol.  I tried to send the mintiest ponies I could; unfortunately, Brilliant Bloom's forehead gem has a slight chip in it.  She's still pretty, but I wish I had had a nicer one to send.  And Mainsail has the slight dryness to the colour-changing parts of her mane and tail.  Otherwise, I *think* they are all in near mint condition.  So glad you are pleased with everything.  I don't know why I didn't think to stray from the seasonal theme at all.  As you may recall from the Make a Wish swap, I sort of go gung-ho when I come up with a theme.  This one was already set in place for me, of course, and I think I felt paralysed to stray from it, lol. 

I am glad you like the earrings, too.  I was going for the "pastel rainbow" effect. :) I feel sort of silly with my measly homemade contribution next to yours, but you are so sweet and grateful anyhow.  I really appreciate that.  I realise that I am the one doing the comparing and that it's not all about tit-for-tat, although I'm sure you can understand now why I wanted to steal my box back from the post office.  :lol: I could have at least made some homemade cookies.  :lookround:

Post Merge: June 17, 2013, 02:40:16 PM

I just had my husband look at the brags (yours and mine, moonflower) and read the comments.  He says I'm silly and I worry too much, lol.  It's true, what can I say?  :blush:  So I will close my mouth and say "You're welcome and I'm glad you like your box." :P
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:40:16 PM by lochnessmomster »

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »
These are awesome brags, guys! Lochness, your husband is right. Your package is divine! So is everyone else's, you've all done such beautiful jobs!

But you know who's done the most beautiful job? NinaMarie! She was my amazing partner, and you can tell she worked hard to make a lovely box for me! I appreciate it all so much, Nina, it's fantastic.

Here's the whole thing together, before I opened anyone.

SUMMER:

Look at that amazing Basket Ivy! She's so silky and smooth! And a custom BB Glory, so my Firefly will have a friend! Her flank is so detailed, and her hair is so shiny! She's beautiful, Nina- she'll look awesome with her friend! There's also a cute little heart-shaped box and an emery board shaped like a cupcake. Now I don't have an excuse not to do my nails.
SPRING:

Morning Glory with her little backpack and a truly beautiful book of herbs! It makes me want to grow soapwort- unless it's already growing in our ditch here somewhere... It's got amazing pictures and descriptions, it's perfect!
WINTER:

Graceful Glimmer, still in her package, a cute little snowflake ornament (did you make that, too, Nina?) and the most adorable little bear hat for our coming little one! I have a serious weakness for animal things, like those little socks with faces- this is so cute! And since it wasn't about to fit on the dog, I had to put it on my long-suffering Turkey Buddy. He's not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he's a good guy. He used to ride on my shoulder when he was small, but now he's about 40 pounds, so no more parrot-ing for him. But he still hangs out with me, so he got to try on the hat.
Nina, since it has Turkey germs now, I should hand-wash in cold, right? Just don't want to ruin it, because you did such an amazing job, and I truly love it!
Oh, and about Graceful Glimmer- I didn't think she was sold in a bag like this- I thought she came in a package like the other g3's. Is this is a special release, or do you just have access to a bagging machine? She's in amazing shape, regardless, and her little crown blinks like anything- I just want to know if this is her original package, or if I can open her guilt-free.
AUTUMN:

I made funny noises at this extra- it's a canning decoration kit! It's got paper tops and tags and the pretty string to attach them! Now even my not-so-pretty jars of plum jelly could look pretty!
And Razzaroo! I'm afraid she's an official army now- I was trying not to fall for the trap of the army, but this one is so pretty it just pushes me over the edge. Also, she has a package, and my birthday is in Fall! Did you plan that?
EVERYTHING:

Nina, I love everything. I can't wait to eat the licorice (it appears my hubby doesn't really care for licorice, so hooray! I win!) and introduce everyone to the rest of the ponies- thank you so much! Pony hugs!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »
I'm so glad you liked your box Aurora! I was a little sad to not be able to stuff a million extras in so I tried to make them the best.
Little Glory was painted my sister, I did the body but she did all the details. We are pretty proud of her.
I believe Graceful Glimmer was bagged by the seller I got her from so there shouldn't be any guilt in opening  :biggrin:
Yes I made the ornament too. The hat is definitely washable but hand wash only, lol sorry.
I couldn't resist the canning decoration kit, it's so adorable!
I wish I could take credit for masterminding the Razzaroo birthday thing but I cannot. You said you like her and I had a lovely double hanging out so in she went XD

Also Moondancer congrats on your ponies! You got some of the most adorable holiday G3s.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal