collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

We might loose Crowning_Glory What should we do

Just end it now and start shipping prizes
2 (15.4%)
End this in Aug (only can be done if I have a back up pony helper)
1 (7.7%)
End this July 31
2 (15.4%)
Keep going as plan but we will have a #2 Pony Helper in case CG needs to bail
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: July 25, 2013, 11:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)  (Read 9672 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Healthy Pony Summer Edition! And We're Off! Come Join Us:)
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:34 AM »
Our point systems starts July 1. But you can still sign up after July 1st. You just start counting your points the day you sign up after July 1. All participants who make it to the end gets a prize as long as they have provided a prize as well. :biggrin:

What is Healthy Pony all about?
Healthy pony is all about what healthy goals you would like to achieve. Maybe you goal is to loose weight, maybe your goal is to learn a musical instrument, maybe your goal is to run a marathon, or maybe your goal is to resist spending money on ponies :shocked: hehehe. No matter the goal you are welcome to join. You just have to follow the rules that a super simple.

Rules
1. You must donate one My Little Pony item as a prize. This can range from something very rare to something very common. It can be a custom or collection. As long as it is something My Little Pony related it is a go. If you are going donate something like a bait or a blind bag please add a few to it. One bait does not equal a pony nor does one blind bag. To keep in thought. If you would like to receive it as a prize it is a good prize.  Custom and Fan made items are acceptable too:)           
2. You must keep your own score record. You may post your points for the day, week, or month here.
3. There is only a 2 points a day system, unless a challenge has been created.
4. You must be willing to ship internationally. (remember its only one pony item) You must include a note of congratulations:)
5. You must give the person who shipped your prize feedback.

How do we get started?
First off you sign up using the template below. I have filled it out as myself so you can see more detail. You will post in the forum your sign up. You will give a reason for each point you make. For example: 1 point for working out and 1 point for eating right. I have a few dates that I request a check in. In the past I have been very loose on people keeping the forum alive, so I am working to just tighten it up a bit. At the most 3 check ins. I will ask for a picture of your pony. If you have sold or traded the pony in the time before the end you just replace it with another pony. I understand that we can not pass up good trade or sales:) Post any and all questions in this forum:)

Screen Name: Crowning_Glory13
You Goal/s: I am going to be living on a house boat. My job at that time will be odd jobs but one one of my jobs will be playing the piano and singing. So my goal is to work towards practice. I am also learning yoga in hopes to become an instructor so I will need to keep that practice as well. I also have a bad habit of eating junk food and sneaking it about. As money is tight and I do not need it, I hope to give it up.
Whats Your Plan:
My plan is to practice the piano and music everyday. My time frame is going to vary but I hope for a minimum of 30min a day. I can go longer. I would also like to do my yoga. I will not have any extra junk food.
How will you get your 2 points in a day: I will get 1 point for practicing music for 30min. I will get 1 point for practicing yoga. I will loose 2 points if I sneak any junk food! (You do not have to make something loose points. I just need to do this for me)
Very simple  ;)

Dates to keep in mind:
Tracking points starts on Monday July 1 - no sooner
First Check in is July 31 to Aug 7 - You must post your total points from July 1 to July 31
Second Check in is Aug 31 to Sept 6 - You must post your total points from Aug 1 to Aug 31
September 1 to September 8 you will post a picture of your prize.
September 28- Oct 4 you will post your total points from July 1 to Sept 28.

Once all ponies have put down their points, I will post them in order in a post on a forum. All ponies will put in order their wants of each prize listed. I will try and put that on them on the first page. The pony with the highest points will get to choose first and so forth. All participants will get a pony!

Shipping a pony is up to your choice on what you do. You are responsible for your pony until it has reached the recipient. So if your pony you sent is lost, you will have to take action in solving the situation. You will need to post that you have gotten a pony and brag about it here:) We want to see you happy:)

There will be challenges. You will find them in a post in the forum by me, and here on the first page. If you loose track of your points just use your best guess on how many points you think you might have gotten. This is also why I have the check in point dates.

Challenge Number 1!: Your challenge is doing something or not doing something for 7 days. If you make it 7 days you get 10 Points! If you get 2 days in a row you get 2 points, 3 days in a row 3 points, and so forth. 
So here is the process:)
1. State the day you are starting.
2. Tell us what you are going to do or not do for 7 days.
3. Tell us at the end of 7 days how many days you went with the challenge.

My Example:
1. I am starting Wed July 10th
2. I am going to go 7 days without buying any extras. No junk food, ponies, blind bag etc.

Thank you for participating and I hope you will make all your goals:)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:04:32 AM by Crowning_Glory13 »
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Edition! Sign Ups Starting!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:58:25 AM »
Best of luck to everyone!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
Just Announced a new signature for you to help get the word out! There are so many ponies who would like to reach some healthy goals so share the signature! Thank you Prim Rose!
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

nikit96

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »
I'd love to do this! Is it alright to post my sign up later today or tomorrow?

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 09:35:15 PM »
Of course:) welcome to the fun:)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
I want to sign up for this! I have been looking for some accountability to my current diet/exercise plan that I'm just kind of... wafting through.

So here's my sign up:

Screen Name: SunshinePony
Your Goal/s: #1 - I want to lose weight. #2 - I want to improve my physical endurance by starting to run on the treadmill again #3 - I want to knock out my bad habit of eating junk late at night.
Whats Your Plan: I plan to keep a diet journal counting calories. It may be a physical journal or it may be online I haven't decided what works best (online is easier...), and try to get on the treadmill and walk or jog for at least 20 minutes 4x a week + additional exercises as described in the journal I currently have.
How will you get your 2 points in a day: 1 Point per day will be for my exercise - This may not include treadmill if it's one of my days off, but I try to dance and get 10,000 steps a day on my pedometer otherwise (so 1 point for treadmill or 10,000 steps or 30+ minutes of other physical labor - swimming, yard work, etc).  My 2nd point will come from my better eating habits. I am going to try to not eat anything except a healthy snack of almonds, yogurt, fruit or veggies ONLY after 11pm if I get really hungry. If I skip late night snacks or eat healthy snacks, I get my 2nd point. If I fail completely at that, but keep my daily calories below 1300kcal/day, I also will give myself my 2nd point.

I hope my goals that I set are alright?

I already know some days are going to be hard for me to get 2 points... which will put me behind... days I'm traveling 6-7 hours on the road I definitely can't bring my treadmill with me in the car... like, I'm thinking of the Pony Fair time - that weekend, other than wandering around the convention center to get 10,000 steps, I probably won't be exercising since I won't be staying at a hotel or anyplace with a gym... But, I know that means I Just have to push harder to do SOMETHING for 30 mins on those days if I can't get my steps or treadmill it...

Also, I hate to be this person, but what's to say that at the check in date we can't just be like "Oh yeah I got 60 points for the month because I'm awesome!"... I mean... it's not unheard of for people to... manipulate things to win a prize... (Not that any of US would do that! But still, it's real... it CAN happen...)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:48:24 PM by SunshinePony »
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 09:50:52 PM »
I agree that yes there are people who could do that. All participants have to ship a pony too so its not all free...and all the points do is let one pick first. If I or any one feels that someone is being fishy then I can pm them:) just going on the honor system.

Great goals! They are your goals that's makes them great:)

Welcome:)

Post Merge: June 12, 2013, 09:51:46 PM

Oh and here can be a good place to keep record as well:)

nikit96

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »
Get up there and spread some cheer...
..oOOOOOOOo..
Nohpny's Sign Up

Screen Name:
Nohpny

My Goals:
I want to stop eating excessively, by having oversized portions and unnecessary junk food. This also includes not drinking sodas and large glasses of high sugared juices. I also need to learn how to play violin scales in three octaves in order to audition for advance orchestra in the fall. I also tend to get lazy with my room.

The Plan:
Make my portions smaller and eat fruits and veggies when I get the munchies. Drink lots of water and even exercise with my mom. Practice each scale everyday. To actually do my laundry and clean my room!

Two Points a Day:
First point for minimizing portions and junk food while drinking water or Powerade. Stop eating after 8pm. One free day a week.  Second point for practicing my scales for 30 minutes or more. I have a break Saturday and Sunday. So on Saturday the second point will be received by doing my laundry. Sunday the second point will be received by cleaning my room.

''°°OOOOO°°''
...from here to Cantorlot!

Yay~ Hopefully I can finally lose some weight, and avoid being lazy. Sorry for the excessive-ness of my post. Just wanted a little color despite the two colors. d: Also, you can just call me Niki. (:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:53:08 PM by Nohpny »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 06:18:57 AM »
Screen Name: SourdoughStomper

You Goal/s: My goal is to feel better because I'm suffering in the early stages of an autoimmune disease. There seems to be a very strong link between leaky gut syndrome and autoimmunity, so I'm going to follow a new way of eating for a while to let my gut heal. It's very strict and there is NO room for cheating or it would set me back and I'd have to start over again. I'm hoping that a) I can figure out what foods I'm sensitive to, if any (as I will eventually re-introduce foods) and b) possibly putting the disease in remission or just making it less onerous.

what my diet will look like to those who are curious
Eliminate grains, legumes, dairy, eggs, seeds (and seed-based spices), nuts, nightshades (and nightshade-based spices), fructose, non-nutritive sweeteners,  NSAIDS.

Eat beef, chicken, fish, vegetables, coconut oil, olive oil, and some safe spices and some low-fructose fruits.

Second, I need a cleaner house. I will work on cleaning each day, except perhaps Sunday, just so I can have a rest and avoid overwhelming myself further. There might be days where I will simply be too tired to do any, but I'll find out.

Whats Your Plan: I need to finish compiling my "AIP" (autoimmune protocol diet) recipe book and get it printed out, punched out, and put in a binder. I'm looking for recipes from all over and I put them in when I find them. I want to give myself an official date on when to start or else I will put it off indefinitely. Perhaps July 1st is perfect. I also want to keep a daily journal on what I'm eating and how I'm feeling.

I'm not sure how to get myself motivated to clean. I've tried Fly Lady, I've tried the SHE filing system. I'm currently trying 40 Bags in 40 Days at the moment. I guess just keep trying.

How will you get your 2 points in a day: Making AIP recipes and journaling about it = 1 point. Cleaning 30 minutes a day = 1 point.

Maybe for an additional carrot for me to be enticed with, I'll do personal Stomper "points" and put aside a dollar each day that I do what I'm supposed to do. Perhaps I can start saving up for a Wii U. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 10:10:36 AM »
Goodluck <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

nikit96

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »
I'm a little confused. So when do we start counting points? Now or July 1st?

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 10:26:19 AM »
I believe we start July 1...

SDS and Nikit I'm so happy you joined too!! :hug: I know we can all help each other keep on track!

SDS - can I ask you a question about your diet? I'm sorry if this is too personal - I was wondering what is it in eggs that won't allow you to eat them but you can eat meat proteins? :) Just wondering doll! It's more of a curiosity for myself than something like me saying, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?" - so, I do apologize but I was curious. :biggrin:

My Want List

nikit96

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »
SDS can I ask a question too if you don't mind?

How exactly did you find out about your autoimmune disease? and what is an autoimmune disease? ^^;

Sunshine - You can just call me Niki (:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »
@ Sunshine.

Not a problem. There's a link here with a verbose explanation.

The quick version would be that the white of an egg is there to protect the embryo inside again microbe attacks, by using certain enzymes.  In an unhealthy body, the resistance of the egg white to being digested can cause difficulties; these enzymes might cross through the leaky gut and get out into the blood stream and other areas where they don't belong. This can cause both inflammation and autoimmune attacks.

I'm eliminating eggs along with a bunch of other things for awhile and slowly reintroduce one at a time to see if any cause a strong reaction. If they don't, they're back in my diet (and I do a happy dance). If they do, either I wait until my innards heal some more and try again later - or permanently eliminate them.

@ nikit96

I haven't been diagnosed with a disease yet, but I have some very strong signs and symptoms of it. Not just subjective ones that I "feel" but objective ones like blood test results. However, the doctor seems reluctant to tell me I have a disease. I understand her point of view and I even hope she's right that it's just a temporary condition. But I've been doing my research and this happens in less than 10% of the time.

In the meantime, I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can, be my own advocate, and take ownership of my own health as far as I am able to.

As you probably know, immunity is when your body fights against viruses, bacteria, cancer and other foreign invaders that are not "self". However, in autoimmunity, the immune system mistakes "self" for a foreign invader and attacks your organs or other systems until it is destroyed. In my case, I strongly suspect my immune system is trying to attack my thyroid gland until it is gone. Unfortunately, there are no known cures at this time.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 10:51:27 AM »
SDS - Ahhh yes... I see what you're saying about the egg white. Does that leave any room for you to eat yolks at all? Sorry I haven't had a chance to read through the link as I'm typing THIS right now, but I'm about to jump over there...

AID - thyroid can be tough, I hope that you and your doctors can find a way to manage it for you! I know how... frustrating it must be at some points to not have a "conclusive diagnosis" for what is going on... With the way our world is today, it's ridiculous how... perfect doctors have to be about diagnosing things just to cover their OWN butts, let alone give the patient proper treatment. :hug: It sounds like you are very proactive about it however, educating yourself and being alert and making changes. There's nothing better than that... and we'll all be here for ya with lots of support! (For all of us too!)

:sunny:

Post Merge: June 13, 2013, 10:54:32 AM

Nevermind about the yolks, I got to that part now... interesting stuff. I have to admit, I'm glad I'm a scientist reading that... it's very technical. But... very interesting... (not in a  "wow that's cool!" way but... more of a "god it's it crazy how our bodies work?" way)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:54:32 AM by SunshinePony »

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal