collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair "process fee"?  (Read 4426 times)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Dollyhair "process fee"?
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
I don't want to get into it with you after a mod warning. I've said what I wanted to say.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 11:08:41 PM »
I haven't had any problems lately and I definitely wouldn't base my opinions of Dollyhair on a 7-year old thread.

Neither would I. My last order was perfect as well, free hanks, fast shipping, everything great. I'd always order from there again.

z2000

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2013, 08:56:40 AM »
{comment removed}Thank you PonyLady

But I will say this - if vendors choose to pass on a process fee, it is included in the purchase price - this way, when customers shop around for prices, they are comparing apples to apples. This is what I do anyhow, so I find it annoying when I decide on a vendor based on their prices, get a full shopping cart and then find out there's an additional charge. Then you have to go back and figure out all the pricing again.

What stuns me more is that DH claims that the process fee is demanded by the merchant - this is not true at all.  The fee is added on at the DH shopping cart - 2CO just processes the total. That DH blatantly claims that here (and I presume it's ignorance) is concerning.

Case in point, I checked today, and the process fee is gone. Of course I have no been refunded mine. Nor shipping information for my order of course.

{edit~please refrain from making personal remarks towards another member} Thank you PonyLady
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:31:13 AM by ponylady »

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2013, 09:27:36 AM »
I did check up on fees and its retailer choice. Most large companies don't charge it and it's illegal in 10 states.

I'm not entirely sure whats going on, customer service seems to be low on the list if you have problems.

z2000

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
Wow, that's interesting, in 20 years of posting on forums this is the first edit I ever received.

For the forum to edit my post as "a personal attack" is a misrepresentation of what I said. Which was merely, that I was fearful posting because of the attitude that was displayed in the MLTP thread. That is called freedom of speech, and I don't think there's a need to edit that. Many others have said it. I am posting about a business, not a member.

Yes, DH choses to add that fee, obviously given that it is gone today. I find that very concerning that DH claimed it was not her choice as it is not the truth.

There is still the issue also that DH is not charging sales tax in California, nor what her business status is in the state of California since there are no corporate or DBA filings for Dollyhair. I frankly at this point, would like to see a business license.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:38 AM »
There is still the issue also that DH is not charging sales tax in California, nor what her business status is in the state of California since there are no corporate or DBA filings for Dollyhair. I frankly at this point, would like to see a business license.

I don't see why any of this is concerning to you. If anything it should be concerning to DH, but we are not her accountants. She sells hair, we buy it. Whatever happens after that is not any of our business.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2013, 10:34:47 AM »

I don't see why any of this is concerning to you. If anything it should be concerning to DH, but we are not her accountants. She sells hair, we buy it. Whatever happens after that is not any of our business.

Agreed. 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »

I don't see why either.

Wow, that's interesting, in 20 years of posting on forums this is the first edit I ever received.

For the forum to edit my post as "a personal attack" is a misrepresentation of what I said. Which was merely, that I was fearful posting because of the attitude that was displayed in the MLTP thread. That is called freedom of speech, and I don't think there's a need to edit that. Many others have said it. I am posting about a business, not a member.

Yes, you are posting about a member. Just because she runs a business outside of this forum doesn't mean she is not a member. She replied to this post afterall.  ;) And your comment was removed due to the fact that, yes it was a personal remark towards her. There maybe freedom of speech but there are rules here at MLP Arena and your comment was not deemed appropriate according to our rules. If you have any other issues with this please PM me privately and I can explain those rules in question.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
I have to be on the side of DH for this -even though I personally had issues with DH the very first time I ordered (never got my hair, had to go through Paypal to get my money back), but then, after staying on top of what was going on with DH in the winter, I started ordering and I've ordered probably a dozen times now and have had no issues at all!

I think it's a little shady to say you have free shipping and then charge a fee, but those fees are covering not only her payment services, but all the mailing envelopes, baggies, twist ties. Don't forget how easily those can add up. I agree it should be noted somewhere on the site that says, "If you order such and such amount, there's a processing fee" or "processing fee on all orders of hair is $5" - but, I can't say that something like that would ever stop me from ordering from DH...

Just trying to put a business perspective on it. Disclosure is important if she's going to do that AND say she has free shipping... but, it's not the worst thing in the world, and I doubt any of that processing fee actually gets into her pocket... :huh: Just my 2 cents. I love DH, sometimes the shipping is slow and I know people have had problems but... don't just discount DH completely... I wouldn't, and glad I didn't after my first experience, because now I've got a lovely supply of hair and I'm totally satisfied with DH. :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »
I don't understand why this thread is still a thing? Tina came in and answered your questions, and honestly a small fee is something I pretty much expect when ordering (or buying anything). There is nothing shady about tacking the fee on when you can see it BEFORE you make the final purchase.

If someone personally has an issue then just don't order from DH? I don't think it needs to be made into this huge deal.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »
I agree DP so on that note I am locking this up!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal