collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair "process fee"?  (Read 4425 times)

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
Re: Dollyhair "process fee"?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 08:44:12 PM »
This is more of a Trader Support issue so I'm going to go ahead and bump it over.
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »
Just wondering... What is the "standard" weight supposed to be now?

I was pretty disappointed with my recent order. (I had not had issues with my two previous orders this year.) I also received one incorrect hank, never received a response about it either. Okay, done complaining now. :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 09:05:34 PM »

I was pretty disappointed with my recent order. (I had not had issues with my two previous orders this year.) I also received one incorrect hank, never received a response about it either. Okay, done complaining now. :lol:

From what I last heard Tina won't say what the standard weight of a hank of hair is.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 09:19:31 PM »
i personally have been burned by Tina enough times to expect her current "good job" status will falter shortly and we're all gonna have grumble threads again.

Yep, this.

I find it suspicious that the recent "half the nylon hank won't dye because it isn't nylon" thread was waved away by Tina. I can't possibly be the only person thinking that was awfully shady. She said she didn't want to raise prices. She also expressed not wanting to give the same amount of nylon for the current price (hence the lesser hanks). But nah. It's a manufacturing error ;)

edit: Better wording.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:28:06 PM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline himmie

• MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2013, 09:21:04 PM »
Yeah, I know that. :) Just wondering what others have received lately...

Earlier this year I was getting 7 - 8 oz. This time they were 3 - 4 oz. ?!?!

Oh yeah, and the not being able to dye half a hank is helpful too... Lame.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 04:20:01 AM »
*sigh* Let's keep this on topic and the topic being DH's processing fee. It is not about the size of her hanks or a seven year old thread.  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

z2000

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 10:23:21 AM »
Sorry guys .. I had no idea I was stirring the hornet's nest here. :cry:

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
Re: Dollyhair \\\\\\\"process fee\\\\\\\"?
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »
Hi, guys!

Here's the deal: the free shipping between $50 and $100 used to apply to all customers, but nowadays, with USPS' increased shipping costs for overseas packages, I have had to apply a flat $6.00 shipping fee to orders between $50 and $100 that are placed by anyone outside the U.S. and Canada. It's unfortunate, but USPS has really increased their charges. Still, the flat $6.00 shipping fee is less than you would be charged if you were to order $49.00 worth of merchandise. As far as the shipping costs that are charged on orders over $100.00, they're in place because, as I'm sure you can imagine, a very large order would be very costly to ship, especially if it's going overseas.

As far as the processing fee that is applied on all Dollyhair orders, it's imposed by my merchant accounts. I wish there was something that could be done about it, but there isn't. I am sensitive to the fact that customers are charged with it, and to make up for it, I often send "free gift" packages of hair in random colors whenever I ship an order. If you place an order between $50 and $100, you're pretty much guaranteed some free hair. Although I have no way of knowing which colors you'd actually like to receive for free, I still try to send colors that I think you may like, based upon what you've ordered.

True, if I were to use Paypal, there would not be a processing fee applied. However, (and I don't know how many of you are aware of this), Paypal has a tendency nowadays to put accounts on hold for various (often unjustified) reasons - even accounts that have been established for a very long time. Any slight change in your selling habits or in your income can set off a "red flag" in their system, which then prompts them to request a ton of information from you, which is really inconvenient. But the worst thing about this Paypal "red flag" thing is that they will often hold any money in the account for a six-month period. Conceivably, you could have a lot of money just SITTING in your Paypal account, and you would not have any access to it for six months. They can use it to make interest on it if they invest it or do whatever they want to do with it (just like any bank), but you have no access to it. They have no regard for any reason that you may give them as to why you need the money in order to survive. They just hold it.

I can't put my trust in them, so I no longer use them. If you want to read more about it, you can go here: http://www.screw-paypal.com/

I hope that I've given everyone a sufficient explanation...

Tina

Post Merge: June 03, 2013, 12:21:41 PM

"Standard" weight for a MLP hank is 16 grams, give or take a gram. I'm so sorry that you received an incorrect hank. Please email me about it again.

Post Merge: June 03, 2013, 12:23:29 PM

Yeah, I know that. :) Just wondering what others have received lately...

Earlier this year I was getting 7 - 8 oz. This time they were 3 - 4 oz. ?!?!

Oh yeah, and the not being able to dye half a hank is helpful too... Lame.

16 grams is equal to roughly half an ounce, so there's no way that you were receiving MLP hanks that were 7-8 oz., or even 3-4 oz., for that matter. I'm sorry to contradict you, but I have to assume that you mis-weighed them or something.

Post Merge: June 03, 2013, 12:24:50 PM

From what I last heard Tina won't say what the standard weight of a hank of hair is.

Not true. I addressed it in a previous thread.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:24:50 PM by Dollyhair »

[email protected]

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
Oh, THAT'S why I keep getting free hanks! I always assumed you just thought I'm awesome.  ;)

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 12:30:54 PM »
..Isn't it a bit unfair to charge customer for *your* fees? Merchant fees are your responsibility to pay, not your customers, and by tacking on that fee, you've pretty much just increased your prices backhandedly.

I've never ever had a processing fee from anyone I've bought from that couldn't take paypal.

Offline Dollyhair

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dollyhair.com
Re: Dollyhair \"process fee\"?
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »

I find it suspicious that the recent "half the nylon hank won't dye because it isn't nylon" thread was waved away by Tina. I can't possibly be the only person thinking that was awfully shady. She said she didn't want to raise prices. She also expressed not wanting to give the same amount of nylon for the current price (hence the lesser hanks). But nah. It's a manufacturing error ;)

I don't understand what's suspicious, and I don't understand what you mean by saying "waved away by Tina." I addressed everything in a previous thread, and I also told customers to contact me if they received any undyeable "virgin snow" hair, and that I would replace it at no charge. What more could I have done? What is shady about the fact that my manufacturer accidentally slipped in a polypropylene spool with my box of "virgin snow" hair? I doubt it was intentional on the part of the manufacturer, and I guess I should have tested it to make sure that it was, indeed, nylon, but after all of these years, why would I even have any reason to doubt the manufacturer? It was just an error, and due to the color, I'm sure it was a pretty easy error to make.

So what is shady? Me not wanting to raise prices? Me "not wanting to give the same amount of nylon for the current price (hence the lesser hanks)?" I don't even know what you're talking about there. The hanks were SUPPOSED to weigh 11 grams. Once I found out that my assistant had been sending people hanks that weighed, on average, 16 grams, I then raised the weight of the hanks to 16 grams without raising prices. So really, I'm totally confused by your statements. Are you implying that I intentionally sent customerss polyprropylene hair instead of nylon hair? Are you inferring that the manufacturer's price for polypropylene is lower than the price for nylon? It is, but the difference in cost is so miniscule that it wouldn't even make a difference. So if you're implying that even though I didn't have any white polypropylene in stock, I placed an order for it so that I could secretly replace your normal coffee with Folger's Crystals, then you're totally wrong. Totally.

Post Merge: June 03, 2013, 12:43:35 PM

[/quote]
..Isn't it a bit unfair to charge customer for *your* fees? Merchant fees are your responsibility to pay, not your customers, and by tacking on that fee, you've pretty much just increased your prices backhandedly.

I've never ever had a processing fee from anyone I've bought from that couldn't take paypal.

Let me quote myself: "As far as the processing fee that is applied on all Dollyhair orders, it's imposed by my merchant accounts. I wish there was something that could be done about it, but there isn't."

I'm telling you that it's not imposed by me, and that there's nothing that I can do about it. So I don't understand why you would assume that I'm charging customers for my fees. It's the merchant's fees; not mine.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:45:12 PM by Dollyhair »

[email protected]

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »
I think that a processing fee is fine honestly- many sites have a handling fee, and most handling fees are a lot larger than Tina's.

I just placed an order and see that the fee shows up before you finalize the order- so if you think that the handling fee is too much, than you can just not order.  But it really is pretty nominal.

I am confused though by your statement (Tina) that you don't accept paypal-  I just placed an order yesterday and paid through paypal ?  Just checked my paypal- and it looks like it went through ?

EDIT:  Nevermind- I think what you mean is that you use the merchant service (looks like 2Checkout.com) who then utilizes paypal- and 2Checkout.com applies the fee. WHEW! I thought my order had gone into space.  This is my first try with Dollyhair.

I think the fee is fine and perfectly reasonable.   I guess (and this is just a suggestion) you could put on the "shopping cart" area a note that says * "A processing fee will be applied to all orders- including orders with free shipping." Maybe that would take care of the problem?  Just a thought though, I personally have no problem with the fee and honestly you can't make everyone happy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:08:13 PM by Galactica »

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »
it's standard here to pass on merchant fees to customers, particularly if paying by credit card - most businesses tack on a surcharge :) you even get some small businesses that tack on an extra dollar or two if paying by eftpos. i agree with galactica tho, a notification on your website would be great - i also am wondering about the processing fee on dollyhair order page, then the another fee once it goes thru to 2checkout.com...

but apart from that, i will continue to order from dollyhair :) IMO best prices, biggest range of colours, and great hank sizes. i also don't mind paying for intl shipping, i was just a bit confused on my last order as i knew i had got free shipping on the one before. maybe have a page banner or something to let customers know straight away of any changes?

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair \\\\\\\"process fee\\\\\\\"?
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »

Not true. I addressed it in a previous thread.

Ahh, sorry, I haven't been keeping good track of things. My apologies!

Offline himmie

• MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »
16 grams is equal to roughly half an ounce, so there's no way that you were receiving MLP hanks that were 7-8 oz., or even 3-4 oz., for that matter. I'm sorry to contradict you, but I have to assume that you mis-weighed them or something.
That was .7-.8 and .3-.4

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal