collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair "process fee"?  (Read 4419 times)

z2000

• Trade Count: (0)
Dollyhair "process fee"?
« on: June 01, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »
I wonder if anyone else has seen this - I purchased around $100 worth of nylon from DH to start stocking my MLP restoration work. I figured I'd buy a whole bunch so not to have to deal with all the delayed shipping/out of stock issues. Plus I thought, nice to have free shipping since they do free shipping if you order over 50. When I went over $100 I noticed a nearly $15 shipping charge. Weird I thought, wouldn't you want for people to order more? Maybe it's the weight or something. Anyhow so I took a few things off to get under 100 .. and then this nearly $5 "process fee" shows up. What the heck? I'd never seen that before. Is this something new?

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair "process fee"?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:44:50 PM »
There I actually a thread in trader support about DH where it has been discussed I believe. You might wanna check that topic out.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Honey Buzz Oregon

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »
I got charged one the other day too and my order was less than $20

Offline BarbedDragon

• Trade Count: (+157)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/BarbedDragon/BarbedDragonCustoms
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »
As far as I'm aware she's always charged one, not sure on the 100$ over order (I've never ordered that much in one go *blush*)
Commissions are CLOSEDWaiting list available.
*My Customs Page**My Facebook Page**My Re-Rooting Tools/Etsy*

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Dollyhair \"process fee\"?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
I remember that being mentioned on someone's blog when the whole business of the weight problem with DH. I haven't ordered in a long time and I'm still not sure about ordering from DH but I think I will look at that support thread to get more info on this thing

Post Merge: June 01, 2013, 07:30:28 PM

does anyone happen to have the link to that thread?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:30:28 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

z2000

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
Oh my! *BLUSH*

I just checked out all those posts on the weight and then came across an awful posting from 2006 on another forum .. I am entirely stunned. I have had issues with mohair never arriving last year and having to file a paypal claim and less than courteous emails, and also slow mailings, no tracking, sent to the wrong address last time, no email responses. It's been annoying but I had no idea how deep this ran. I will have to rethink my strategy. :shocked:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 07:41:33 PM »
The processing fee could be if you are using paypal.  She has changed to a third party paypal processing company and they do have a fee for each transaction.

Dollyhair has had ups and downs, but I just received a timely order with correct weights on everything.  My last several orders have been perfect.

z2000

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
No that fee was added on before paypal I think. Besides, Paypal or direct CC it does not matter, in fact PP charges vendors less. It's the cost of doing business; they chose to hire checkout.com rather than creating their own PP backend.

Don't tell me you have free shipping and add on little fees at the end without any notice. It almost is like they hope you won't notice. I dislike that. It's petty stuff to me when a customer spends that kind of money.

sd_dreamcrystal I think the thread you are looking for is http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,316839.0.html

However, far more concerning to me is that 2006 thread - http://www.mlptp.net/forums/trader-help-advice/12503-warning-about-dollyhair-com-bad-service.html.

Calling a customer names and divulging a customer's name, address, and communication is  ... no words. I am frankly worried now that she will come onto this topic and do the same with me here for goodness' sake.

Now having read her contact page where she basically thumbs her nose at her customers, well like I said I have some thinking to do.

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 08:23:50 PM »
I noticed on my last order there was a processing fee added at her checkout, then another $3.12 added at PayPal checkout. It was listed on the PayPal invoice like an item. Wondered why I was paying for 19 hanks when I'd only ordered 18... Emailed her but of course no response. Plus the free shipping on international orders has gone.

z2000

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 08:37:38 PM »
Huh. Interesting. Too bad on the free international shipping b/c to Australia I bet that can add a pretty chunk.

I looked at my previous invoices but they don't list subtotals so I can't tell if that fee was charged before. I just figured I'd ask you guys b/c with the new 2checkout.com backend the process is different and I thought maybe it was a processing error. I would have emailed but I mostly don't get a response. Anyway, looks to me like this is standard now. Oh well. What's another $5 bucks right :(

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »
No that fee was added on before paypal I think. Besides, Paypal or direct CC it does not matter, in fact PP charges vendors less. It's the cost of doing business; they chose to hire checkout.com rather than creating their own PP backend.

Don't tell me you have free shipping and add on little fees at the end without any notice. It almost is like they hope you won't notice. I dislike that. It's petty stuff to me when a customer spends that kind of money.

sd_dreamcrystal I think the thread you are looking for is http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,316839.0.html

However, far more concerning to me is that 2006 thread - http://www.mlptp.net/forums/trader-help-advice/12503-warning-about-dollyhair-com-bad-service.html.

Calling a customer names and divulging a customer's name, address, and communication is  ... no words. I am frankly worried now that she will come onto this topic and do the same with me here for goodness' sake.

Now having read her contact page where she basically thumbs her nose at her customers, well like I said I have some thinking to do.

I just read that entire TP thread.... wow. That plus all the other issues people have had with  Dollyhair really puts me off of it again.

I haven't ordered from her in a few months, and the paypal invoice  for 2checkout doesn't show me anything helpful.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 09:15:33 PM »
I don't use paypal and I get the fee too. I think it was put into place when she switched around how she took payments.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »
I can tell you my older invoices (last invoice was in Jan 12 so it's only a little over a year old) does not list the process fee, but that was the use of my debit card and not paypal, and I don't have that account anymore to look deeper into my out payments from the bank for it.

The last paypal one I did for DH was about 3 years ago (yeah you can tell I don't order too much from DH lol) doesn't show a process fee and that was before she switch to another service or something..

I'm not very helpful with the processing fee stuff but I'm pretty sure she didn't have it till probably later in 2012, unless the fee was only for the paypal stuff and not the use of the debit/credit cards straight...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
...wow. I am so glad now that I've never ordered from dolly hair.

Also, there's some deliberate misgendering going on in the trading post thread, so anyone sensitive to that should be prepared.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »
Great and i need to order hair soon. Where else is a good place to order from?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal