collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I do a refund or not?  (Read 468 times)

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
Should I do a refund or not?
« on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:45 AM »
I sold some flower fairies the other week. Just got a message saying that a knee doesn't click on one of them and a dress needed repair. I wasn't aware of this on either of them. Buyers repaired the dress before contacting me.

Should I point out that these dolls were not described as mint, sold as used and are nearly 30 years old and I was not aware of the knee or dress issue? My descriptions pretty much said "This is the x fairy! Comes with x y z", no mention of mintyness or anything else.

(Imo, if you fiddle with something *before* contacting the seller, and fix it, you waive your refund. I don't think it's right to say "Hey, this was wrong with it, but it's ok now, can I have a refund?")
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
Re: Should I do a refund or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:54:32 AM »
I shouldn't send the buyer a refund.

Like you said, they weren't described as mint. She also could have asked you (before buying) if there were any problems with them.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:14:07 AM »
Yuitsu you are under no obligation to give her a partial under any circumstances, especially since she altered the item. Sure, she can file an item not as described case and ebay will force her to return it but since she altered it you can fight that.

I would politely explain to her that Ebay policy states that:

Policy overview

You must return an item in the same condition as it was received. You must also include, in the same condition as it was received:

All packaging such as boxes, bags, and tags
Accessories such as cords and remotes
Certificates, manuals, and warranty cards 
"Free gifts" or bonus items
All items included in a bundle
Additional requirements for items in specific categories are outlined below.

Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, a seller isn't required to accept your return. You may also be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Yuitsu

• Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 03:37:42 AM »
Replied to her now. See what happens.

Hiya,
After some thought and advice, I am sorry to tell you that I am not really obligated to provide you with even a partial refund. The reasons for this are that a) I was not aware of the problems at time of listing b) you have altered/repaired Good Fairys dress prior to contacting me c) The items were not described as mint anywhere in my auctions and were listed as used items d) I do not accept returns and my auctions all state this.
If you had contacted me prior to bidding for more details I may have noticed the problem with her leg. Please also bear in mind these dolls are nearly 30 years old and were no doubt much loved by a small child for part of their lifetime.

Sam

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »
I would have just apologised and said they were sold as seen. They should have asked for more details. That I would check the joints in future sales.

Offline Yuitsu

• Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 01:25:14 PM »
Mm, I mean I always ask for more details if the auctions horribly vague. I meant to go back and add things/inspect them but life got in the way. She's left me appropriate feedback, apparently. On checking it, all she can do is add a note, not actually alter the positive feedback she already left me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal