collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY prototypes?)  (Read 12015 times)

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY FAKE)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »
I like them!.....Kinda disappointed in Rarity's hair and Aj's Hat,but besides that they are adorable and I love them! Even if they don't have articulation, that is fine for me. I find dolls with articulation are too fragile for me

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »
Like oak said, these appear to be much smaller scale. The tops all look painted on to the body itself while the dresses are fabric. Joints appear to look like barbies and moving at the shoulders while the elbows and knees have joints inside that bend.

WhiteHeather

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »
I had been looking forward to these since I'm a big fan of both Monster High and Ponies and they seemed like a great combo of the two, but if they really look like this in their final versions, that's pretty disappointing.  The painted on shirts and weird butterfly wings are what bothers me the most.  I didn't really expect them to be as good as Monster High as far as quality goes, but I was hoping for something at least along the lines of Novi Stars and Bratz.  Even the petite Blyhtes that go with the Littlest Petshop have nicer looking outfits than these.

Honestly these give me a dollar store knock off vibe.  I'll wait and see when they show up in stores, but right now I'm probably not getting any of these, even the Rarity whom I was really looking forward to for my Rarity collection.  I guess I'll stick with customizing a Monster High Spectra for my human Rarity doll.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 03:37:16 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that their "tops" are actually molded on or painted onto their bodies?? It looks too snug to be rubber clothes and kinda reminds me of those Disney princess dolls that have swimsuits molded into their bodies and are given only a skirt.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:15 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that their "tops" are actually molded on or painted onto their bodies?? It looks too snug to be rubber clothes and kinda reminds me of those Disney princess dolls that have swimsuits molded into their bodies and are given only a skirt.

yep. post #16 I said the same thing lol

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 03:44:34 PM »
lol guess we were both just frantically typing and posting in the heat of it all. :P

IF These were to be the smaller scale dolls (If these are even real at all), then there's still hope that the full size dolls could still be a success and not a flop.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 03:44:43 PM »

yep. post #16 I said the same thing lol

...Oh my gosh, you guys are right; it's like how Barbie and Polly Pocket had underclothes molded onto their bodies. I like that even less...

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 03:45:42 PM »
Now that you (and Hawaiian) mention it, the tops do look like they're either painted on or molded.

I wonder how much these dolls are going to cost, if these are the real deal. If these are smaller-sized dolls, I wouldn't mind paying $10 or $12 for them (at the most).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline sleepyowl

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
Oh man, I just saw these on tumblr and cracked up for 5 minutes because they're so bad. They look really cheap and ugly, in my opinion. They don't have articulation and their top is painted onto them... no thanks. If they're cheap, I guess I'd still get them to have and maybe keep them in my extras drawer... I hope these really aren't them.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »
If how they handled SSC is any indication there will probably be mini dolls and regular sized dolls. I think these might just be the mini ones.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 03:48:34 PM »
Now that you (and Hawaiian) mention it, the tops do look like they're either painted on or molded.

I wonder how much these dolls are going to cost, if these are the real deal. If these are smaller-sized dolls, I wouldn't mind paying $10 or $12 for them (at the most).

Yeah, brushable hair and all things considered it would make sense if these were smaller or lower-priced dolls. Maybe Hasbro has higher quality releases planned? *crosses cheese legs*

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
I honestly really like these! :lovey: They're looking much better than I thought they would.

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »
they look so bland and cheap....  if they were as nice of quality as monster high etc. i would love an applejeack and fluttershy.  but these..... YUCK :(
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 03:55:30 PM »
I don't like them myself. Doesn't look like the dolls have much detail. It's a shame.  The dolls could have been cute but I feel like these are a miss.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 03:57:30 PM »
ICK!

They look like Monster High fakies and bad ones at that. No articulation? Half-a**ed face ups? Are you kidding me??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal