collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 713 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
What to do?
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:14:56 PM »
I bought two ponies off ebay, Sweet Stuff and Starflower, and now I'm just stumped for feedback.

The seller was both nice and not nice (sometimes she was and sometimes she wasn't as nice). The items were listed as 'New' condition, but of course I knew g1s can't be 'new'. There are several flaws that were not photographed, and the description just stated that the pony is 'sold as it is'. I'm a little upset because sweet stuff is really grubby and Starflower's face is squished. And she has an age spot that wasn't photographed as well.

So yeah, I'm stumped on feedback. Obviously I wouldn't want to give BAD feedback per se but I'm really quite disappointed by this transaction...
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline appletini

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:05:02 AM »
Personally, although I can be a bit of a dick on such things, I'd put up a claim saying they were not as described. Even sold "as is" a false description or an inaccurate one isn't ok. If you plan on keeping them but still feel cheated/bad about the whole thing I'd just leave honest feedback. Rate each interaction however many stars you think it really deserves and mention that some things weren't brought up in the description. Sure the seller might not like it, but posting bad listings and being allowed to "skim" on needed info is never good. Plus, if no one ever calls said person out on it there will be no reason for them to change it.

It's a bit more understandable if this person wasn't a collector and just an average joe, but even still, they should've known that the quality should've been listed as "used" based on your description.

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 02:47:38 AM »
I was just giving sweet stuff a bath, thinking that something was amiss, and HORROR OF HORRORS. She had a tail hair cut! :(

I don't mind cancer, okay maybe a little, I can clean off mould, but Tail Chop? :(
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »
Did you request a partial refund? I think that since they weren't as described, you should get some money back for your purchase.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:37:52 AM »
First, look very closely at the auction pictures and see if there is anything visible.  If not, take detailed photos and send them to her.  You can either request a partial refund (which Ebay doesn't require) or return them, minus your shipping, for a refund of the purchase price with initial shipping.  Best of luck on finding upgrades!  :)

Most G1s are going to need some work and have tiny imperfections like age spots and vinyl that needs to be "reset"- put something between the legs and leave for a few weeks.  It's part of collecting them.  :)  They are 30 years old and counting... 

Sweet Stuff goes this greyish color after awhile... the plasticizer and dye start to shift.  She is also very very prone to age spots.  I would put Starflower in a warm area to soften up her vinyl, possibly even a hot water dip or two.

I would leave positive but note her stars appropriately, and leave a comment such as "Good comm., timely ship, packed well, but ask for more photos".  Then you're not saying anything about HER.  Ebay shouldn't be able to take it down.  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »
The way I am treating squished heads is with boiling water in the head and then I stuff it with fiberfill to get the shape back and I leave it in there for a very long time sometimes months. Usually It works beautifully.  I use this same method for thin vinyl ponies, I keep them stuffed with fiber fill for stability.

Most likely a partial refund will not be given and they will require a whole return, but it would be worth your time to talk with the seller about your disappointment in the conditions.  I am not sure its good to ask for a partial though as ebay views this as trying to get something for nothing and feedback extortion.  Even though its not the case for many of us.  Its a warning sign to them when one asks for this type of refund.   I know this because ebay told me that themselves. So, I quit asking for any type of refund and leave it up to the seller to come up with something they feel is fair.  Very rarely do they suggest partials.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »
Have you tried to contact your seller?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 03:51:03 AM »
Its always disappointing when ponies have flaws that werent described in the auction :(  Definitely try contacting your seller first and politely explain to them the flaws that were not mentioned (its good to mention something positive about the transaction first - say for example.. were the ponies shipped fast? then you could start by saying something like " dear.. just letting you know that the ponies have arrived safely - thank you very much for the fast shipping. Unfortunately when I checked the ponies I was a little bit disappointed because... (mention the flaws) ,) then see how they react. This should determine what happenss next and gives your seller chance to make things right ;)
Please let us know how it goes

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal