collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not to be a stickler- You can now transfer your own tickets! Updated 5/28  (Read 1460 times)

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
Forgive me, I bought my ticket the morning they were sold, was there something in their that stated that the ticket policy could be changed at any time?

Summer, while I agree with the decision, especially for those who simply "can't afford to go now", I think a clause needs to be put in place for people with medical issues or those with family medical emergencies or deaths, like right up to the week before the fair.  I personally have a gallbladder that's ready (and willing) to cause me serious grief at some point, and I'm hoping it's not going to before July, (which is why I'm avoiding any trigger foods), but when it goes, it's not going to consider my schedule. :)

I commend your efforts, as always. I know you're being put in a tough position here, but you must do what is best for you, your staff, and the fair.

pretty much this. I bought all my general admission tickets in advance, fearing everything would be sold out, now that I can't go because of upcomming surgury the last week of june, I'm going to be out $120 :(

Well, you have until the 31st of May to transfer your ticket to someone else. That's 3 1/2 days from now.  I'm sure there are plenty of other people that want to go.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
Working on the booth, but I don't think anyone is interested in general admission XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
It's not OK to unilaterally add conditions to a contract after you've made it. People bought the tickets without any non-transferable condition, so you can't just add it later, that's not how contracts work. In fact, on EventBrite you have put no conditions of purchase in, so people can expect to have the right to resell tickets at will.

Next year it may be an idea to create conditions of purchase so that you can hold people to them.

Just to simplify our situation for those who may not have all the available information:

We aren't adding conditions. All tickets sold through Eventbrite are intended to be non-refundable unless the host enables the refund request setting (which the MLP Fair has never done). We are under no obligation to offer ticket transfers or refunds to attendees. We have offered transfers in the past by private request because this is a community event run by community members and we want everyone to have the best possible time and experience. However, with the growth of our event we are experiencing exponentially more requests than in past years. This takes time away from Fair staff working on the actual event. I simply notified the community of the choice to end private transfers as a courtesy so those who have a need to transfer, can submit a request while the Fair staff can still handle such requests.

Additional information on EventBrite policies on this issue can be found at this link: http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/en_us/portal/articles/428712

I hope that this sheds some light on the Fair staff's position in this situation.  :)

Also, if you want to privately sell/give/or otherwise throw your tickets at another attendee to use at the event, as long as they have a copy of the ticket receipt with the name the tickets are registered under- they'll be fine. However, if they come to registration without a receipt and say, I bought a ticket from "RainbowUnicornPony2013" on the Arena, Fair staff won't have any clue who that is and we won't have any way to verify their tickets.  :P We've been changing names, emails, and attendee information on all attendee ticket transfer requests as a courtesy so we hopefully won't run into this issue.  :shocked:

Updated! I just discovered a handy dandy tutorial on the EventBrite website on how attendees can transfer their own tickets to another person and I activated the option on our host controls. Problem Solved! If you need to transfer a ticket, follow the steps here: http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/en_us/portal/articles/428584-transfer-tickets-to-someone-else I'll also add this info on the first post so hopefully everyone who needs it can use it. :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:47:15 AM by SweetTune »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+168)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
Updated! I just discovered a handy dandy tutorial on the EventBrite website on how attendees can transfer their own tickets to another person and I activated the option on our host controls. Problem Solved! If you need to transfer a ticket, follow the steps here: http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/en_us/portal/articles/428584-transfer-tickets-to-someone-else I'll also add this info on the first post so hopefully everyone who needs it can use it. :)

Awesome!!!   I may actually do this so that the tickets I bought for my sister can be under her name.

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
Summer, just a small suggestion, you might want to post this news on the TP as well. I don't think anyone over there (unless they're checking this board) has any idea about this.  Thanks.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI