collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: More new crazy tinsel main 6 on taobao! What's hasbro up to?  (Read 3890 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: More new crazy tinsel main 6 on taobao! What's hasbro up to?
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »
Or the workers did. Who knows how much they can get away with there.

This, I really think most of what is sold is probably just this.

They cant get away with much at all. Trust me I have toured Chinese manufacturing factories, even the best ones don't allow for a lot of creativity. :/ There is not the time in the working day in order to do anything due to the volume of work which has to be carried out and the strict time limits placed on processes. In addition its unlikely that one factory worker follows a pony from beginning to end of its creation. If these are not initial versions of ponies which will be released then they are simply rejects or tests which factory managers sell to re sellers as they are not wanted.

Yea my husband and I were discussing this..but he did bring up theft and offsite assembly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 03:21:45 PM »

They cant get away with much at all. Trust me I have toured Chinese manufacturing factories, even the best ones don't allow for a lot of creativity. :/ There is not the time in the working day in order to do anything due to the volume of work which has to be carried out and the strict time limits placed on processes. In addition its unlikely that one factory worker follows a pony from beginning to end of its creation. If these are not initial versions of ponies which will be released then they are simply rejects or tests which factory managers sell to re sellers as they are not wanted.

Yea my husband and I were discussing this..but he did bring up theft and offsite assembly.
Pretty hard to do and not worth losing the only means of income from the factory.

Why am the only one who missing the tinsel in the tail as well?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »
There's a glitter sunset shimmer?  In addition to the alternate hair sunset shimmer? 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »

A lot of these big factories don't have "off site" though because people live within the factory boundaries. And honestly for some of these people theft is simply not worth the punishment of job loss. Not to mention that they would need access to weave/hairing, stamping, moulding machines off site in order to produce some of the oddities we see.

/end of my random off topic-ness :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »
I don't think they are stolen or customs.  I think they were removed from the garbage- or sold by the company in big lots.  Hasbro used to sell big lots of extra/defective pieces back in the 80s-

Maybe more proof that the glitter hairs are color tests/sample runs?

Here's the one that appeared on Taobao:

Here's the one that arrived:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:14:27 PM by Galactica »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 12:22:22 PM »
I really like them, I think they are so neat looking! I'm definitely going to try and get a set.
I agree, they look like colour/tinsel tests.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
When these first emerged I thought they were rejected designs for the Masquerade ponies (if they were going with a New Orleans kind of theme- the glittery hair would totally work with the masks)

But the first ones came up a long time ago- and more keep appearing- which suggests they are working out some other potential release.  I like glitter and tinsel so I'm looking forward to an official release of these (particularly the Sunset Shimmer one who is super cute)

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »
Here are some pics of my Fluttershy that add more to the fact they are probably still prototypes. It's hard to get good photos are her hair is so crazy, and I only got her today so I haven't had time to deal with it :P

Here she is just, as is. You can see she has different hair to the photo in the original post in this thread. The tinsel, as someone has said somewhere else on the forum I think, is more of a thread than the tinsel we see in the current releases, it's a thread with a thin tinsel wound round the thread of the same colour. It's very thin to feel and I'm rather worried about breaking it in trying to tame her, there are already bits of thread that have come separate from the tinsel wrapped round it

Here you can see on her hairline there is a very clear black mark indicating where the tinsel should go. I'd like to hope this wouldn't be acceptable for release, but is okay for a prototype. You can also see they missed the mark a bit :)

Excuse the thumb :blush: but you can see that the threads don't match up into a continuous hairline. They are distinct from each other, with no regular hair mixed in. Which is quite odd to me. You can also see the black underneath two where they have gone in the head.

And finally her display side, which is the opposite side from the tinsel which is making me wonder how to style her so I can see the tinsel well.

Also, for those interested, if I worked it out right her date stamp is 17th December 2012 (the number was 23521)

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2013, 01:30:27 PM »
Oooh I really like the ones that showed up better than the ones in the pics:) They somehow told me both were sold out when I tried to order then but something got goofed up and they actually got ordered so I'm curious to see what shows up. They're at the office so hopefully I'll know in a week or so. I think they're neat but if they're released that thread tinsel is not going to last in kids hands.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
They look good in person, man I wish that I would of lucked out. Oh well that is ok. I have a few different ones on the way to me.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
Thanks PitterPatter for posting those pics and giving us a detailed description!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
remember the 'canterlot ball' set target had awhile back? I foresee these being a part of a similar set..
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal