collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this Ebay seller the infamous Brooke Kutik?  (Read 9372 times)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: Is this Ebay seller the infamous Brooke Kutik?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »
All her feedback is positive... I'm disheartened, I was going to bid on the lot with Munchy...feeling kinda heartbroken now. If the community says no though, I won't bid <3

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »
oh that sucks - so she buys and scams and then resells those ponies ??   :-( Oh man, that is so horrible on so many levels
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 08:01:42 AM »
oh that sucks - so she buys and scams and then resells those ponies ??   :-( Oh man, that is so horrible on so many levels

Yep, she has been known go above Paypal even, to file cases with Visa/Mastercard because "It has extra paint that wasn't disclosed!" , gets her full refund and then lists the ponies for sale and sees how high they go.  If she doesn't like the price, she simply doesn't mail the pony.  I am sure Ebay's new policies have put a damper on this but it is still possible to file and win a case very easily on Ebay.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 08:12:11 AM »
Ugh, thanks for the warning! I will be blocking her!

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 08:44:26 AM »
please do!  If there is any way for mods to blast this out to all ebay sellers if this is her latest ID man I hope no more pony peeps get scammed out of sales only to watch her profit in a few weeks with the same merch :-( just ugh is right~!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
So are we positive this is even the same person?

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 06:19:16 AM »
Yes, have we confirmed the identity of the subject? (Why am I speaking so weirdly :O)
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 05:55:12 PM »
OK = so this thread has been dead awhile and I will be glad to start a new one...

so I get a bid from a "buyer" by the name

brookea86

what are the odds ?  Florida 33180

ponylady - you did business with her? 

So I called ebay support and the woman said she couldn't give me a confirmation when I spelled out and asked if this was brooke kutik, but she was able to say and I quote "You can decline the offer and then block the bidder, I wouldn't mess with it.  Don't mess with it."

so this is another ebay id of hers apparently

gotta love it :-/

but at least thank heaven for these forums!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
Going back and looking, apparently yes I did do business with her. I don't always check names and address's when I print labels due to volume some days. And hubby helps me attach labels so I don't always have a direct eye on what goes out.

I can say though I did not have any issues she bought my Oakley the Moose for a good amount of money.  And she paid, it went out and she left feedback.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »
Thanks for the update!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »
I haven't responded back to this thread in a while.  I wanted to say that I definitely do NOT know for sure whether or not this is Brooke.  But the ponies looked like the kind of ones that she sells, and the home background looked similar to the last known photos she posted as well.  Someone asked about kitchen countertops.  Yes, I remember her last confirmed photos showed ponies on kitchen countertops.  The counters were a very dark green, almost black.  The photos from these latest rounds showed a similar dark green surface, but it didn't quite look like a kitchen countertop this time, so I definitely don't know for sure.  Maybe it was a matching surface on a coffee table, or something?  I don't know, but the dark green surface looked similar enough to catch my eye, and the backgrounds showing a very nice middle class to upper middle class home interior also looked similar to Brooke's last confirmed photos.  Then I saw that the shipping location was Florida, and I got suspicious enough to post about it here.  That's all I know.  Again, if it's not Brooke, I don't mean to slander an innocent seller.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 08:00:25 PM »
good point that for the one about a seller first mentioned here being possibly brooke it remains speculation unless a buyer from here confirms the return addy is her... 'nuff said.

and boy am I glad to read that ponylady will have no hassles with an Oakley the moose sale  = that feedback has been left and hopefully paypal / ebay limits reached so she cannot claw back anything put out - seems you may have dodged a bullet, ponylady, and for that fact I am very glad to know you did not lose out.

From comments earlier in the thread I was made aware her main MO was not scamming buyers but "buying" from sellers and then filing a claim of item not received or not as described or something to that effect to then get a "free" pony from that seller to then re-sell later so that is why I wanted to alert folks that I definitely found a solid brooke ebay ID for folks to put on the block a bidder list if they are selling ponies on ebay - not worth the headache.

Does anyone know if we have a running/ permanent thread to update all known and confirmed ID's? My memory is fuzzy but I'm thinking Shelti may have put something together with a history (??) or not... I am lousy at searching so not finding this

I will be happy to update that thread as well, just this was the last one that had folks talking so I figured I would at least put the alert out here and then get a bump from a recent post in case new eyeballs come in

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 04:01:55 AM »
LBS has all her ID's on her Bad Trader list.

The thing is anymore it is super hard to try and scam people on ebay the way she used to. So I think for the most part she behaves herself. It doesn't dispute the fact though of the trouble and heartache she caused many folks over the years though. 

The thing is it just seems that once her new ID is brought to light, she just creates a new one. So it is a never ending game of cat and mouse with her.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 10:31:37 PM »
Does anyone have any photos on their computer that Brooke took? If so, we an compare them.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I thought Brooke took photos on a kitchen counter? Or am I confusing her with another person on the bad trader list?

In any case, this ponyknott ID has existed since 2005. Also, it says she is located in Milton Florida. Does this add up with what is known about Kutik.

Edit to add:

Also, according to her feedback, she has been selling ponies since 2008 and has positive feedback for it. Actually, she has no negatives or neutrals. Maybe it's not her?

Milton, Fl?!  That is waaaay too close, but I thought she was from South Florida?  Milton is in the Panhandle, my parents live their and the area codes are going to be 32570 or very close to that, not a 33xxx like from that odd ball bidder.  But at the same time, I'm pretty well aware there are not a lot of Pony collectors in the Panhandle.  I know there are a few in South East Alabama, and there's another collector here in Pensacola with me, but other than that. . . 

Either it's her and she's claiming she's elsewhere in Florida. . . 

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »
I'm from the Panhandle too - lived there 26 years - and I know there aren't that many in the area either.

You're right, area codes there are 32.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:06:34 AM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal