collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Item was shipped in a paper bag  (Read 885 times)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Item was shipped in a paper bag
« on: June 27, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »

I ordered a D arts Pokemon figure from Ebay.

I came home and my package was waiting for me on the bed.  Well the package was shipped in a paper bag with a handle....  This item was coming from Japan so you'd think the sell would have put it in a box.  Nope nope nope the box is completely ruined and there is a rattle inside the box.  I know I'm probably going to have to send it back and it's going to cost me an arm and a leg..  Ughh

I bought a different d arts figure from another ebay seller and now I'm paranoid.  I wanted to keep them mint in box because of how nice it was but if that's the case I'll have to order another of the same...

I contacted the seller and sent a ton of pictures ..  I guess I'm just frustrated that people can't figure out how to pack and ship items. 

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Item was shipped in a paper bag
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:11:31 PM »
Actually that's a common way of shipping items from there. I get stuff all the time shipped in cute type style bags.

What did you pay for shipping on it?

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:01 PM »
Yup, that's how they come generally.  Though it's usually a fiber plastic composite bag.  They're actually more water proof than paper boxes, from my experience.  I deal with kimono, and it's of no consequence they come like that.  It's the thin plastic wrap they sometimes come in that perturbs me.  I had a parcel come in that got stuck in the conveyor belt in transit and ripped it up pretty good.  I had a very expensive furisode kimono in there, and luckily some new kimono underwear that ended up eating all the damage and thus saving the furisode!  I hope you had it shipped EMS or registered at very least, as if you had it sent SAL with no insurance or registration, your seller will be under no obligation to help or resend you a replacement. 

Offline kakenterprise

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 06:38:37 AM »
The shipping was included in the original price(and it was not cheep) and I've bought things from over seas before but I thought the same rules would apply. When I ship out an item new in package it has to arrive new in package but I guess that's not the case.

I'll make sure to order the next few off of Amazon or something, if I want to keep it in the box.  I'll definitly email the seller first if I buy it off of ebay.  I'm still very paranoid how my next one will arrive..

Good thing is that shipping it back would not be too bad, and I did contact the seller and it sounds like they want to work things out.   

MiRaja- it sounds like the same issue I had when I had magazines delivered, they also managed to get stuck and get shredded in the machine.  I'd definitely would upgrade shipping next time or I'll find a us seller for a bit more.

an example of my box http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/blueeyedangle/IMG_7530_zpse2919b0b.jpg

When an ebay seller offers you a solution does ebay bind them to follow it??

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:00:17 AM »
How disappointing  :(  I am glad to hear your seller is working towards a resolution though for you.

Did you open a case? If so then ebay will bind them to it. If it was only done through messages then no not technically but you are still covered under EBay's Buyer Protection. But since you said they are willing to work it out I am sure you will not or hopefully will not encounter any problems.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kakenterprise

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 07:08:06 AM »
How disappointing  :(  I am glad to hear your seller is working towards a resolution though for you.

Did you open a case? If so then ebay will bind them to it. If it was only done through messages then no not technically but you are still covered under EBay's Buyer Protection. But since you said they are willing to work it out I am sure you will not or hopefully will not encounter any problems.

Sweet I'm glad to hear that.

I did open a case and sent a ton of pictures.  There does seem to be a language barrier but they did say they'd send another.  I also asked that they send it in a box this time. 

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »
Oh man, I understand people saying oh, they do that a lot, and i've gotten things in bags before, but always small items or fabric items.. but this isn't just a small item.. a d-arts pokemon figure? What are those, usually upwards of $50, right? Those are figures, they're fragile! You'd think they'd take more care in shipping something like that... x__x
I hope this next one comes safely and packaged well :--)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal