collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Confound these ponies! (Fair Want List)  (Read 728 times)

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Confound these ponies! (Fair Want List)
« on: April 29, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »
So this weekend I opened up my pony box.  We're buying a house next year, and I have plans for an excellent pony room with glass fronted and CAT PROOF, LOCKED cabinets.  In the meantime, though, I have to keep my ponies boxed and the lid weighted against the predations of Mishipizhiw, the incredible pony eating cat.  (Incredible = he was not sent packing to the humane society when he chewed up my childhood Glow.)

I locked the cat out of the room and begain going through the box and making a list of what I had.  Then, with Elfpony's G1 collector's guide, I began making a list of what I wanted.

....I thought I wanted 10 or 15 ponies but this page is covered, both sides.

I am just beginning to understand that I am going to be in an incredible room full of ponies and I think it's blowing my little mind.

(Edited to clarify:  I would never, seriously, give Mishipizhiw or any of my other cats to the humane society.  But he *was* declared unadoptable by veterinarians and is "special needs."  The pony eating is one example why.  Another is that this morning around 4 am he decided it was a great day to start shoving glassware out of the kitchen cabinets again.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:47:17 PM by Stormrave »

Offline Kaite7117

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
Re: Confound these ponies! (Fair Want List)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »
I'm cracking up!  We have two cats at home and we are always threatening them with the Humane Society.  Our problems are mostly with vomit.  One cat is a hair all hacker and the other is an eater and vomiter of plants and plantlike substances.  I love em but they might have to pack their bags if they go near my ponies! (just empty threats, but don't tell them)

By the way, congrats on your upcoming pony safe haven!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+70)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 12:09:16 AM »
LOL!  Collector Guide Books should come with a warning label: Your want list WILL increase!  Every time you go through them!!!  I've had that G1 guide for years and I just added about 10 ponies to my list!  I'm looking forward to/dreading getting Deb's Nirvana Guide!!!

My cats get threatened on a regular basis too, but they also know it's empty threats (helped by my having a closed cat-free pony room.)

Elf

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:45:43 PM »
Elf when you get that nirvana guide I won't be surprised to see you and your ponies living under a bridge!!! :D

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:38:49 PM »
I think I'll eventually post my Shopping List.  The problem is that I keep adding to it!   :blink:

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+70)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:09 AM »
Elf when you get that nirvana guide I won't be surprised to see you and your ponies living under a bridge!!! :D
Yeah my wallet is gonna hurt.  :P

Elf

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 07:14:39 AM »
I don't even have a shopping list. I have a good mental tally of which ponies I do and don't own. I'll just buy what I want as I see it. XD No course of action here.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 02:03:31 PM »
I have to make a list because my budget is going to be limited.  I don't want a situation where I buy a whole bunch of things that , yeah, I kinda want, and then I see something great that's one of my grails and I can no longer afford it because I've blown all my money on lukewarm wants. 

I'm basically hoping to budget $100 for one big, expensive item, $100 for cheaper ponies I particularly want, and the rest of the money (if any) will be for more casual purchases.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 01:32:23 AM »
So this weekend I opened up my pony box.  We're buying a house next year, and I have plans for an excellent pony room with glass fronted and CAT PROOF, LOCKED cabinets.  In the meantime, though, I have to keep my ponies boxed and the lid weighted against the predations of Mishipizhiw, the incredible pony eating cat.  (Incredible = he was not sent packing to the humane society when he chewed up my childhood Glow.)

I locked the cat out of the room and begain going through the box and making a list of what I had.  Then, with Elfpony's G1 collector's guide, I began making a list of what I wanted.

....I thought I wanted 10 or 15 ponies but this page is covered, both sides.

I am just beginning to understand that I am going to be in an incredible room full of ponies and I think it's blowing my little mind.

(Edited to clarify:  I would never, seriously, give Mishipizhiw or any of my other cats to the humane society.  But he *was* declared unadoptable by veterinarians and is "special needs."  The pony eating is one example why.  Another is that this morning around 4 am he decided it was a great day to start shoving glassware out of the kitchen cabinets again.)

I have a crazy cat too!  My two girls are little angels, but my boy ... he breaks dishes, climbs UP ME, and has damaged quite a few collectibles.  But, he's my baby, and I love him <3