collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WTH? More ebay issues  (Read 1565 times)

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
WTH? More ebay issues
« on: April 27, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »
A week ago, or so, I bought a lot of ponies some G3s and G4s. In the lot was 2 of the "shine bright" g4s, which I had no desire for, so I decided to just relist them on ebay.

I had a small bidding war go on for the Rarity that I had listed, which ended today. As soon as the auction ended, I got a message from the buyer (lovedeath16) stating:
"I just need to tell you that it may take a little while for me to get the item. It may take more than just four days for me to get the item paid for. Do you think you can wait until I get the money to pay for it? I will let you know when I get the money."

I very cleared stated on the item that payment is required within 4 days (which is two days longer than ebay gives before a seller can file a nonpayment claim), after the issue I had with someone buying a MH doll from me. Rather than shutting her down outright, I asked her when she thought that would be.

I honestly don't know. But I definitely will pay for the item as soon as I can. However, if you want it paid for ASAP, I'll try to pay for it either later today or tomorrow afternoon.

I'm just really annoyed at this point. Even with shipping, it's only going to be like $10. If you're that hard up for money, you shouldn't be bidding on ebay.  :huh:

I feel like it's completely within my rights to say pay within the time frame I gave. However, I'd rather avoid getting a negative feedback. I don't want to sit on a pony I don't have to for who knows how long.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WTH? More ebay issues
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »
I can't really offer much advice, but I can seriously understand. :/  How annoying. I agree, don't bid if you can't buy it in a timely manner. I don't understand the mentality of some of these bidders.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »
Perhaps you could ask her to give you a definite date that you can expect payment, if not you would not be able to sell her Rarity?

I don't have much experience with eBay, but I do have a blogshop in Singapore, so commitment scares the customers into either conforming or showing their true colours.

Hopefully you'd be able to sell your Rarity! :)
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:00:56 PM »
No one forces a buyer to bid on something when they do not have money.  You are perfectly in the right to make your payment terms and stick to them.  People can come up with all sorts of excuses and some may be true, the truth is though its like any business. If they walk up to a register in a store with a pair of jeans, they have to pay that day to take them home.  Its just responsibility.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:09 PM »
Just tell her "Well, you have 4 days to pay, and then I will open an unpaid item case with ebay. Ebay will give you 4 more days to pay before they penalize your account. You will need to pay within that time frame."

Then stick to it. And if she doesnt, then send a second chance offer to the other bidder. And be sure to add her to your blocked bidder list.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:30:23 PM »
Just tell her "Well, you have 4 days to pay, and then I will open an unpaid item case with ebay. Ebay will give you 4 more days to pay before they penalize your account. You will need to pay within that time frame."

Then stick to it. And if she doesnt, then send a second chance offer to the other bidder. And be sure to add her to your blocked bidder list.

This. It's not like you didn't CLEARLY state a time frame.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

nsunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 11:56:46 PM »
I just now had to open an unpaid case...it does suck to do something like that cause it seems mean...but its ebay! You don't bid if you don't have the money...AND if you do win, you better work it to scrounge up that money!!! You are totally in the right!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 04:24:41 AM »
I think she's a member here

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 04:35:37 AM »
I am pretty sure your right Vert  :)

I would tell her that payment is due within four days and no exceptions. If payment is not made by the fourth day then file a NPB.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »

This is how it should be handled!  *pony hugs*  Please keep us updated! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 07:01:35 PM »
I had a good long think on this. Especially dwelling on the fact that I could possibly get more for the pony, but that it's not really worth it at this point.

I sent her message today and very clearly explained that I am within my rights to make her pay within the 4 days. Though I decided I would give her a one time exception. I told her if she pays by Tuesday evening, I will mail the pony out Wednesday morning before I go out town. If not, she had until next Sunday evening to pay, and I would either mail the pony out Monday morning, or file a non-payment claim with ebay.

I decided this was the best option for me, and her. It gives her a little bit more time to pay, but I also set some boundaries that work best with my schedule for the next week.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 04:21:40 AM »
If she is having trouble paying you $10 within 4 days then really she shouldnt be buying stuff until she has saved a bit a cash first  :huh:  . I think you are being very reasonable and kind with her  :hug:  stick to the time you set for her and then if she still hasnt paid, then open the case. I hope that she will be able to pay you though

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »
I think she's a member here

I was wondering why the name sounded familiar, good job on remembering  :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 09:26:08 AM »
That is really annoying.

First of all-  you bid on something on ebay- you pay.  I don't care if it is $10 or $1000.  I'd open a non-paying bidder up on her so fast...

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »
I would file a NPB well. She needs to learn, if you don't have the cash, don't be on ebay buying what you can't afford. She IS a member here and was on as recently as today.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal