collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Im starting to get the feeling there are delays in post from US/Canada to UK?  (Read 3028 times)

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey everyone,

Basically, from what Im seeing and hearing...there are delays with post being sent from Canada and the US?

I have bought ponies from 2 members here from Canada as well as one from the USA all in the beginning to middle of March, as its nearly May Im starting to think they are taking a while!

I had a trade arrive not too long a go from the US only took about 2 weeks and a bit....starting to think that was fast in comparison  :lol:

Although I did have 1 thing arrive the one and only time ive been away on holiday....was waiting for me for over 18 days....now been sent back to sender...except I have no idea which one or where!
So that is another thing lol

Contacted members and I'll have to wait and see what turns up and track how long.

I guess Im just getting impatient but I know its not the sellers fault <3
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my mail!  :lol:

Anyone know for sure if there is delays or something?
Thank you :)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Glad to see I'm not the only one having shipping delays!  >_<

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
I bought some accessories from an arena member from the UK and it been 30 days and still haven't received it. Getting a little nervous since the 45 day limit is approaching. I've purchased from them in the past so wonder if it's just held up somewhere?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
I sent my best friend a valentine's card and it got to her after about 2 1/2 weeks. However I recently sent a box and I've had no word of its arrival, and that was sent the week before Easter. So yeah, probably shipping hold-ups.

mylittleponylover92

Glad to see I'm not the only one having shipping delays!  >_<

Im sorry to hear you're having problems too Las Pegasus!  :(

I bought some accessories from an arena member from the UK and it been 30 days and still haven't received it. Getting a little nervous since the 45 day limit is approaching. I've purchased from them in the past so wonder if it's just held up somewhere?

Hmm it is quite possible! But Im actually talking about post going the opposite way, i.e. to the UK lol! But if you're having problems too then it may be a weird delay or something!  :huh:

I sent my best friend a valentine's card and it got to her after about 2 1/2 weeks. However I recently sent a box and I've had no word of its arrival, and that was sent the week before Easter. So yeah, probably shipping hold-ups.

Aw thats sweet :)
Ah I see, yeah sounds like some sort of hold up for you too then! Sorry to hear that StrawberryMeadow!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
I think there are delays from some parts of those countires but as usual shipping times are hit n miss. I've recently sent a few parcels to the US and they've got there within a couple of weeks (less than one week one item!)  , I've also received some of my parcels from the US/Canada in 2 -3 weeks.... but another item was sent over a month ago from the US and it still isnt here .  The Easter holiday didnt help - there are always delays around the holidays.
 Do keep an eye on your 45 day deadline, but its very likely that your parcels will still show up soon

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Wadatsumi

it's true that the post is lame. i got a trade wich was shipped from canada to germany (on 26 february) last week - almost 8 weeks

was really worried, but at least it arrived safety

mylittleponylover92

I think there are delays from some parts of those countires but as usual shipping times are hit n miss. I've recently sent a few parcels to the US and they've got there within a couple of weeks (less than one week one item!)  , I've also received some of my parcels from the US/Canada in 2 -3 weeks.... but another item was sent over a month ago from the US and it still isnt here .  The Easter holiday didnt help - there are always delays around the holidays.
 Do keep an eye on your 45 day deadline, but its very likely that your parcels will still show up soon

Yeah it really seems to be that way!  :huh: Aw okay well I hope your parcel arrives safe!  :) Yeah thats true, I guess I forgot about the easter holidays lol  :lol:
Ah okay, I will work out the days now :) its not been 45 yet so thats something I hope!

it's true that the post is lame. i got a trade wich was shipped from canada to germany (on 26 february) last week - almost 8 weeks

was really worried, but at least it arrived safety

Aw Im sorry to hear that Wadatsumi! That is quite a while! Glad it arrived safely in the end though :)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I think there are definite issues with Canada to UK shipping. I purchased some ponies from a Canadian Arena member and they were shipped March 03 and still have not been delivered. This was via surface mail so we knew it would take a while, up to 6 weeks, however its no looking good now its over 6 weeks.  Luckily the lady I bought them off is a total gem and she is so great about it.  ^.^   In hindsight I probably shouldn't have cheaped out and gone for the less expensive shipping option... :(

mylittleponylover92

I think there are definite issues with Canada to UK shipping. I purchased some ponies from a Canadian Arena member and they were shipped March 03 and still have not been delivered. This was via surface mail so we knew it would take a while, up to 6 weeks, however its no looking good now its over 6 weeks.  Luckily the lady I bought them off is a total gem and she is so great about it.  ^.^   In hindsight I probably shouldn't have cheaped out and gone for the less expensive shipping option... :(

Aw Im sorry to hear that Rhubarbpie! :(
Yeah Im the same as you really mine were 8th and 14th pretty much and they havent come yet. One member said surface can take up to 3 months to arrive! I didnt get an option with the postage since I ordered a lot and this was the most cost effective! The other one I have no idea what method it has been sent, I wish people told you these things without me having to chase everyone but there you go!

I completely understand where you're coming from! Let me know on here when yours does arrive!  :satisfied:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:12:09 AM by mylittleponylover92 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Hey hun, I know I'm one of the packages you're waiting on, I just want to let you know I will PM you when I get a chance to check everything out... But I also wanted to add that I have had both instances... I've had packages come to me from Germany and Ireland that have arrived in RECORD time. Like I can't even fathom how they got to me or to the other person so quickly...

BUT - I also have done some other transactions from Germany, Ireland, UK and even Canada - where I in the US was waiting close to 2 full weeks... that doesn't seem long when you're already over 30 days... I understand, but it's odd... sometimes I have issues with shipping to Australia that takes close to 30 days as well...
(Though, my packaging, personally, if you have gotten something from me, tends to stand out in a pile of packages, so, I hope that helps them not get lost??!?!)

*hug* I hope they arrive soon...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Question.... for all the people waiting on packages being shipped via CanadaPost... how many of them have tracking on them?  I usually find all my packages make it to their destinations within 2 weeks. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

I completely understand where you're coming from! Let me know on here when yours does arrive!  :satisfied:

You'll probably hear me scream in delight when it arrives  :lol:

Lovesbabysquirmy, the costs of tracking the package was quoted as being about $45 which for 2 baby ponies costing 1/2 that amount seemed a bit excessive!

Yeah I can see how tracked packages would move a little faster, that way the people in charge can tell when a package sits in some depot for a week not doing anything  :P !!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile

Lovesbabysquirmy, the costs of tracking the package was quoted as being about $45 which for 2 baby ponies costing 1/2 that amount seemed a bit excessive!

That sounds about right for a package that's about 16 x 23 cm...  Actually, if it was going to the UK with tracking and insurance up to $100, $45 is a great price!  Shipping prices have been steadily increasing for EVERYONE since the beginning of the year.  Canada Post is actually less expensive than Royal Mail's new pricing...

How many times have I shared with this forum about why I love Canada Post?  So I had an international swap box to the UK  - it was bigger than a shoebox, maybe a boot box?  I mailed it on a Monday... the Royal Mail delivered it the following Monday.  Less than a WEEK, over an OCEAN and through customs, for only $80!  WOW!  I couldn't fly there myself for that price!  Without fail, anything I mail with tracking and quick service gets there far before it's expected.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

mylittleponylover92

Hey hun, I know I'm one of the packages you're waiting on, I just want to let you know I will PM you when I get a chance to check everything out... But I also wanted to add that I have had both instances... I've had packages come to me from Germany and Ireland that have arrived in RECORD time. Like I can't even fathom how they got to me or to the other person so quickly...

BUT - I also have done some other transactions from Germany, Ireland, UK and even Canada - where I in the US was waiting close to 2 full weeks... that doesn't seem long when you're already over 30 days... I understand, but it's odd... sometimes I have issues with shipping to Australia that takes close to 30 days as well...
(Though, my packaging, personally, if you have gotten something from me, tends to stand out in a pile of packages, so, I hope that helps them not get lost??!?!)

*hug* I hope they arrive soon...

Aw Im sorry Sunshine Pony, dont worry Im not mad at you or anything like that! I just worry and get really impatient, you were the last member I bought from so Im not as worried about yours as the other 2 from Canada! Btw was it sent recorded or normal surface? Surface explains why it will be taking the time I guess!

Dont worry! I'll let you know when it turns up!  :) Thank you, I'd appreciate the PM when you've had time to check things out!  ^.^

Question.... for all the people waiting on packages being shipped via CanadaPost... how many of them have tracking on them?  I usually find all my packages make it to their destinations within 2 weeks. 

Erm I know one of them is definitely surface, which is why the seller said up to 3 months!! :( But I understand why that one was sent surface since it was really heavy!
The other Canadian package I have no idea....its really difficult getting answers out of people! But I have a feeling that isn't tracked either. I haven't had much luck then :P

You'll probably hear me scream in delight when it arrives  :lol:

Yeah I can see how tracked packages would move a little faster, that way the people in charge can tell when a package sits in some depot for a week not doing anything  :P !!

Haha okay, I wont be far behind when they arrive for me I tell yah!  :lol:

Yeah I think that's why people havent sent things recorded. It seems to cost way too much!  :(
However, I have a private swap atm and Im definitely sending it recorded, I dont care of the costs....I just dont want it getting lost and taking so long to arrive! Also, I think its cheaper from my end to send things to the US sometimes! So I dont mind  :satisfied:

That sounds about right for a package that's about 16 x 23 cm...  Actually, if it was going to the UK with tracking and insurance up to $100, $45 is a great price!  Shipping prices have been steadily increasing for EVERYONE since the beginning of the year.  Canada Post is actually less expensive than Royal Mail's new pricing...

How many times have I shared with this forum about why I love Canada Post?  So I had an international swap box to the UK  - it was bigger than a shoebox, maybe a boot box?  I mailed it on a Monday... the Royal Mail delivered it the following Monday.  Less than a WEEK, over an OCEAN and through customs, for only $80!  WOW!  I couldn't fly there myself for that price!  Without fail, anything I mail with tracking and quick service gets there far before it's expected.  :)

WOW Royal Mail can be great sometimes! I get things domestic sometimes within 2 days. International....even from Europe...about 2 weeks every time and thats sent recorded from Germany! My last Royal Mail to the US was just over 2 weeks...mine took a few days longer to arrive USPS.

I dont rate RM that much though :( the prices just keep going up up and away! But they do have their moments of great service for some people!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal