collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share Your Custom Anger ! !  (Read 8050 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Share Your Custom Anger ! !
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39:51 AM »
I was inserting eyes, I had cut the hole and everything and I thought I was done after I'd fixed them in wih epoxy, Until I realised one side didn't adhere.

So. I tried superglue from the front.  It went all over the eye and crusted over. I've removed most of it. But not before I ruined the paint work. and around the rim of the eye the crust is just, veryvery stubborn. That's what I get for going cheap on glue.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »
Yellow is evil.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
It doesn't matter what they were doing, as soon as I sit down to work on a custom, my kids meltdown or want only to be held.  Drives me crazy!  Grr!

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 05:41:06 PM »
A thought on the top coat/sealer tackiness some have complained about:

I've heard that high levels of humdidity can cause sealant to cloud and become tacky when sealing. Maybe that's why some have issues and others don't?
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »
That sounds like a good theory to me.  I've had a lot more trouble with sealers since I came down to Florida.

Another thing that makes me angry:  breaking reahairing needles.  I recently started customizing FS G4s and the two I worked one were killer on my needle breaking!

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 06:21:26 PM »
I hate G4 neck plugs so much, that I don't even bother cutting them out anymore, I just shove the new tail into the body instead from the outside after filling the body with glue. It's not the best or smartest idea, but I like making G4 customs, and I;d like to avoid having to wrestle the head back on the neckplug as it tries to cave into the body and make things annoying.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
Yellow is evil.

why?
That sounds like a good theory to me.  I've had a lot more trouble with sealers since I came down to Florida.

Another thing that makes me angry:  breaking reahairing needles.  I recently started customizing FS G4s and the two I worked one were killer on my needle breaking!

I made some needles myself and rehaired a whole g3 and even some extra holes I made myself before it snapped haha :D i was so thrilled, the one moment I thought 'this needle is awesome!' It snapped and bounced of the lense of my glasses.

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »
I made some needles myself and rehaired a whole g3 and even some extra holes I made myself before it snapped haha :D i was so thrilled, the one moment I thought 'this needle is awesome!' It snapped and bounced of the lense of my glasses.
I was 4 holes away from finishing when I broke my needle on Friday!

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 07:51:39 PM »
Yellow is evil.

why?

Because it's such a "weak" color, it's hard to get it to come out as a proper yellow without first painting white. So if you want a yellow pony, start with a white one or, even better, a yellow one.
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »
Ugh, I've already given these 3 ponies FBRs TWICE. Now it looks like I'll have to redo them all. They look like garbage!

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 10:02:48 PM »
Not being able to work  :yikes: I've been vary sick the last few weeks and had to go to the ER twice this week- I hurt so much I can barely sit up enough to use me laptop in bed (before anyone asks yes I will be ok) and I can't work on anything! I have so many commissions on hold right now and a heap of about 90 g1's just arrived that want cleaning and i can't do anything :/

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »
Yellow is evil.

why?

Because it's such a "weak" color, it's hard to get it to come out as a proper yellow without first painting white. So if you want a yellow pony, start with a white one or, even better, a yellow one.

I always paint it with gesso first, and then with white and then I start on the actual colour, having a pure white base really makes the colour pop!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:20 AM »
I hate G4 neck plugs so much, that I don't even bother cutting them out anymore, I just shove the new tail into the body instead from the outside after filling the body with glue. It's not the best or smartest idea, but I like making G4 customs, and I;d like to avoid having to wrestle the head back on the neckplug as it tries to cave into the body and make things annoying.

If you use an exacto knife to cute three small slits around the inside of the neck opening of the inside of the head it makes putting the heads on a heck of a lot easier as it allows some stretching room.

My current frustrations are resin casts being flawed the last couple days and now the ponies having to be redone, will be the second cast for the body of one of them. Just so very frustrating as I could have those commissions done if they had come out right.

Zaphy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 03:22:40 AM »
My current frustrations are resin casts being flawed the last couple days and now the ponies having to be redone, will be the second cast for the body of one of them. Just so very frustrating as I could have those commissions done if they had come out right.

Oh man, I started doing resin casts last summer and my first silicone mold was SO BAD. I was trying to make a two-part mold of an original sculpt and a) did a poor job of pouring the silicone and b) used vegetable oil spray as a mold release and, although it did work to separate the two halves, it also made a weird reaction and now I have tiny, tiny air bubbles ALL OVER the top half of my mold! So every time I make a cast out of this mold I have to essentially resculpt the right hand side, haha. Next time (hopefully this summer) I make a mold I'm just making a one piece mold, then cutting it in half to make it two piece.  >_<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal