collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: first insult on ebay  (Read 1408 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
first insult on ebay
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:31:36 PM »
wow.. so I left positive feedback for someone.. I normally never do the star review.. well I did star review on this seller cause I didn't feel they needed all 5 so I gave 4, I was unaware they can tell how many star I leave for them.. and seller insults me on my feed back and says I was insulting and then blocked me, left feed back twice before I could reply. I explained my situation that there was only 4 pictures available to view and of course magically there is now 8 (I know how the little scroll box works it wasn't there no empty spaces nothing)..  The seller makes it sound like people don't properly look at pictures which makes me think has happened before, that people 'can't see' the picture.. maybe ebay has issues with seller uploads??

Is it possible for seller to upload photos after a sell??

I did not hurt the seller score in anyway that is noticeable by other.

I just really need to vent cause I was not mean and seller used all caps.. It hurts to get shouted at.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: first insult on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:12 PM »
I did not know that the seller can see what you leave them? I have never been able to do that all of these years I have been selling. And for them to get all up tight over something like that!!!! WOW! I would not want to meet them in person in real life. I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with a person like that.

I am not sure if they were able to add more, I would not think so, but then I could be wrong to.

Oh and one other thing about the pictures, it does only show four. You have to look on the right side to see if there is an arrow. I have found that out a few times when I was looking at something.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:50:15 PM by avene1984 »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »
Avena is right, you have to look for the arrow because you cannot upload photo's to the listing after it has ended.

As far as stars, well yes there is a way to tell but you would have to run a report everyday to actually know who left it.  So they may have done that because otherwise DSR's are not visible to us. The thing is ebay acts like a 4 does not hurt your rating when in fact it most certainly does. I am not saying you should have left a 5 but anything less is considered unsatisfactory according to ebay. But if you wish you can report that feedback to ebay because you are not allowed to call someone out on the stars they leave or leave a false positive.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 05:37:03 PM »
Sellers cannot leave negative feedback of comments on your account so if they try to do so you will be able to remove it as a false positive review.  If they are abusive towards you, you can report them for inappropriate conduct.  If they are just responding to your feedback, there isn't much you can do.

I do think it's important to note that 4 stars actually does negatively affect a sellers ratings.  Ebay considers 4 stars to be a bad score for a seller. 

If the service they offered you was bad, I think it's totally appropriate that you left them unsatisfactory marks.  But if the mistake was yours I can see why they are perturbed.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »
*pony hugs*  So sorry they took it so harshly but ponylady has a great summary of how Ebay feels buyers should already know about the feedback process.  :( 

Yes, if they are a diligent seller and have updated daily reports, they can deduce which transaction affected their rating.  But they are typically high-volume sellers. 

I hope that the next time, an Ebay seller is kinder to you!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 06:34:35 PM »
A seller cannot modify a listing after it has ended.

What was the problem?

Did the seller ship in a resonable amount of time? If yes, then they deserved a 5.
How was their communication? If they responded quickly and politely, they deserved a 5
Was the shipping and handling charges resonable? If yes, then a 5
Item correctly described? This is where it sounds like the problem was. If there were not pictures shown, you should have contacted the seller and ask question. Did you contact seller about the problem before leaving feedback?

Yes, anything less than 5 hurts the seller.

Aednatia

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »
I was able to screen shot of the fact that not all the pictuerre were available. There were no arrows, nothing. So I am pleased. It is not the same 4 pics that i saw but it will show her that i did not have access to these other photos.

Is there a away to change my feed back I left to state the error appeared to eBay side? Or contact eBay?

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:01 AM »
I'm sorry, but maybe I'm missing something here.  This whole issue is about only being able to see 4 pictures?  I don't understand why you would be so upset about that.  I have to tell you, if I were the seller, I'd be miffed too about the feedback you left.  Not every seller is going to take a ton of pictures of the item, unless they are asked for specifics.  It wasn't an issue when you bid on the item, was it?

Was the item you bought as the seller described?  Did they charge a reasonable amount for shipping?  Did they send it out in a timely manner?  If yes to all of these, then the seller deserved 5 stars.

It stinks getting yelled at by anyone.  I'd chalk this up to a learning experience and call it a day.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 03:17:31 AM »
I'm sorry you had to deal with a rude seller :hug:  Regardless of who made a mistake, and how 4 stars can effect the seller, yelling /being rude to customers is *not* the way to resolve it :(   if they left you a false positive then please get ebay to remove it!
The seller could easily have contacted you first and asked if anything was amiss, if they could help improve the transaction in any way.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Aednatia

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 08:08:52 AM »
I was 'miffed' because the pictures(4) that I could see did not show the highlighter on the face.. Which is the worst mark. It did not mention where the marks were in the description, so I was relying on the photos. And yes seeing that one pictures or reading that it was on the face- I would not have bid on the item.

Iwasn't even 'miffed' until she yelled at me in the reply and then in the feedback. (I am assume everyone is looking at my feedback at this point? She used all caps and said I lied and said I insulted to her) I was also unaware that one 4 star mark for the description (still marked as reasonable) was a crime over a 5 star. I have included below what I am now able to see which is 5 picture, one more then before but 3 completely new ones to me (still not the 6th picture with the face mark). I have also looked at this item on 3 different computers (my work comp was one which isn't allowed) and they did show all 8 photos.

normally if there is more then 6 pictures the little arrows or a scroll bar pops up to the right of the little picture menu row. It has always been 6 pictures in the first row and then 7 continued on will be after the scroll or arrows.

I do not normally fill out this star rating, I was under the impression that it was optional.. am I unintentionally leaving bad scores for people by not filling it out?

There is only one person that I will not buy from again and that was someone that failed to mention a hair cut. I even gave her a positive because I'm afraid of this kind of reaction.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 08:37:19 AM »
Ok, this makes more sense then. You didn't say that in your initial post.  Yeah, I'd be really upset about her condition if the seller didn't mention it in their listing.  Did you contact her after you received the pony?  I'd ask for a refund!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 08:57:12 AM »
I am assuming this is the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-MY-LITTLE-PONY-NEWBORN-PONIES-BABY-DANGLES-USED-CLEAN-1980s-/390570108118?nma=true&si=ODzikMTXrfIb4vJ6nyFqLNmHprY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

She does mention highlighter marks in the description but says they are here and there, not really specifying where they are. She was probably more or less relying on that photo(number 6) to show exactly where they were.   Also it seems she types all her feedback in cap letters.  :huh:

I am not sayng I would not be angry that she called you out on the star rating. But it seems to me she provided a description of the issues and plenty of pictures. I would probably just chalk it up at this point.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
To answer your question no not filling it out isn't the same as leaving zero stars.  So by abstaining you are not damaging your sellers, we just want you to know for future reference if you like a seller leave 5 or don't fill it out because otherwise you might unintentionally damage someone you have no problem with.

I can see all the pictures on my computer and the damage is clearly visible.  So I think you may have to just call this one computer/browser error.  I know I can't scroll if I use my ipad or phone sometimes.  I don't think this seller was trying to mislead you.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Aednatia

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
Yes that was the listing (wasn't sure it was safe to post cause I didn't want to bad talk any one here).. I didn't ask for a refund because she did mention the flaws and the fact that not all the pictures loaded was not her fault. And I did read and I told her I read, my feedback I left said I read it, so for her to say I can't read kinda irked me. She did use caps in her response to me couple time and never once suggested a browser error just flat out told me I was wrong and lying. I really hope this helps her in the future that other might not see all pictures and maybe she could list how many pictures there are in the description so people who don't see that many will know and can ask.

I also now have a pony to practice sun bathing and peroxide on but I will likely lose the blush :(

I might bid on another Dangles later as I needed two for a friend having unknown gender babies so I was going to re-hair them yellow and repaint part of the symbols so there pink as well.

Although this issue of pictures not loading is so far a one time thing for me. I think unless the item is going to end immediately I will try other computes on all future buys. I didn't not use an Ipad just a regular desktop and google chrome

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »
Well, at least you gave this poor pony a home:).  I think we've all learned from your situation.  I think you should keep everyone posted on your restoration! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal