collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If items are factory errors??  (Read 510 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
If items are factory errors??
« on: April 20, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »
So I've noticed the increased in no longer stocked ponies coming up on ebay from china sellers. Most starting at .99 and some of the slighter harder to get at 8.99.. So I decided to give one with a 99% rating a try thinking it might be better then I think since they have positive feedback.

I get Starbeam Twinkle in the mail and sure enough what I would think is a factory error is what I get. The glitter circle isn't even on the symbol or butt, it is lower on the leg and one eye is larger then the other. The tinsel and hair is a mess. I'm going to be removing most of the glitter so it doesn't look so bad and a little bit of the excess eye white (hopefully I can do this carefully). Now a lot of G4 I see have problems to begin with but this seems a little bit more then normal. I like how the condition is marked as used- makes me wonder if used means put in the trash to be disposed of but was saved by worker to make profit.

I'm not sure how to leave feedback. It was a smooth transaction and I plan to leave a positive feedback and not fill out the star rating, but should I warn people of the possible fact they are factory errors?

I really want to buy more ponies from these cheap china seller but will they all be flawed?? any one else buy from them??

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: If items are factory errors??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »
I have never had an issue with the China sellers I have bought from. But I make sure I ask questions before bidding or buying due to that fact.

If you feel that it was a less than positive experience then maybe you could contact your seller to see if they will be willing to replace it. It's worth a shot especially if your not happy.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
She sounds so strange! I wanna see a pic!!!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »
I really want to buy more ponies from these cheap china seller but will they all be flawed?? any one else buy from them??

This question probably answers itself to be honest. You are not buying straight from Hasbro, you are buying from Chinese resellers who have purchased factory stock - stock which has for some reason or other been rejected and is loose, not in packaging - this all combines to get you the cheap price. Unfortunately this also means you could most likely run into issues. You get what you pay for often in this day and age - if you are picking up from Taobao or Chinese sellers in ebay you need to know they are most likely reject items and therefore they will possibly have problems.

If you want perfection you would be best to buy brand new in box - thats the only guarantee of quality or if you dont get the quality then at least you can run to Hasbro regarding the issue.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

CarnationTwirl

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »
Uh oh.  Now I'm a bit worried, I have a Starbeam Twinkle on the way to me too from a Chinese seller. :/

I'm not terribly worried about it though.  If the errors aren't too bad I don't mind putting her on display, and worst case scenario I got a cheap bait out of it.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 10:26:06 AM »
I like how the condition is marked as used- makes me wonder if used means put in the trash to be disposed of but was saved by worker to make profit.

You have answered your own question.  :(  That is how they stock their products - from the factory floor.  Quite literally, sometimes off the floor...  So I guess it depends on if you're comfortable with buying from that source, right?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Aednatia

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 11:01:42 AM »
I wasn't able to get a pictures of her.. camera won't focus on the eye well enough and the glitter is well being glitter difficult..

Upon further review of the guys feedback he has large numbers of 'private' viewed items that he sold to people who also have 'private' views items that sold to him. His feedback is piratically screams fake, set up to make it look like a good seller when in fact most of the real feedback aren't that great.

I'm not really proud to be buying from them but they are cheap and offer international ponies and ponies from packs that I wouldn't buy other wise.. I'm also a little sad cause I paid 30$ for a Skywishes pack with Rainbowdash and now I could have paid half that and gotten just the pony I wanted. My 30$ Skywishes head/body colors don't match well at all! I was really expecting better from international ponies.

Why do G4 always picture better then they look?

nsunshine

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »
Thats too bad, I know that quite a few of the MIB G4's that I have got a few factory flaws.

On another note, I can't believe you actually could find a UK loose exclusive that was less than the MIB set it came in! It seems that the loose UK G4 Exclusives are more than if you were just to buy the entire set!!!

but good luck on any further purchases you may get from this seller!!! just be wary!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
I am actually happy these ponies don't just end up thrown away! :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 04:02:04 AM »
Factory flaws are pretty common in G4 anyways , so unfortunately if you are buying cheaper loose ones from China, its a risk you take and most of them have some flaws. Not that it isnt disappointing if the flaw is worse than expected of course :hug:  if its that bad then as Ponylady suggested, try contacting the seller and see if they will send you a better one as a replacement.
Really I dont mind factory flaws myself - it makes the pony more unique - but that me :P

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal