collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller's brother OPENED my MIP Birthflowers?!?!  (Read 3390 times)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay seller's brother OPENED my MIP Birthflowers?!?!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
I would have asked for pics saying I wanted to see how bad the packaging was and if all were indeed tampered with. I would make my decision then. SINCE one has been sold as a SCO to another arena member, it makes me think that A. not all of them were opened or B. Arena member #2 is getting an opened package. I'm kinda leaning towards A. If this seller knew enough to ask you if you wanted them or not since they were opened I really don't think she would sell to the second chance bidder with it being opened.

It's a bit of a loose loose game here. One arena member looses out and the other has no idea what they just bought.

I would say that SCO buyer take pics of the package to document it if it needs to be returned for any reason.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »
I'm having a really hard time buying this story. In my experience, when someone is trying to scam people they will always blame someone else. There will always be a stupid brother/flatmate/uncle/cousin etc in the mix.

But if it was a scam she wouldn't have been so quick to refund you. Idk, maybe it's all legit. Just sounds very far-fetched to me.

Yeah, I don't think she was trying to scam me. I was just really frustrated because FINALLY I get a good deal on ebay and then something happens to screw it up  :mad:

But it disturbs me to think that she might have sold a "MIP" pony to someone else if it has already been opened.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »
How did she sell a MIB pony to another buyer when you bought/won them as a lot? Thats more disturbing to me.

Offline svleonard

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
How did she sell a MIB pony to another buyer when you bought/won them as a lot? Thats more disturbing to me.

She refunded the money first.

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »
Can you still leave the seller feedback, I'd insist she could send you some photos.
When May arrives, I will post photos of her condition.
If she arrives un-opened, the seller was in the wrong for offering me a SCO.
The seller did loose out on making more money, I only paid $12.58.
Knowing that they took less money and didn't simply relist her, i'm assuming she's opened.
In which case i'll have to open a claim and leave appropriate feedback.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »
I dunno.. this sounds like a pile of pony plopping to me. I get the feeling that they weren't actually opened... I mean, who leaves something that doesn't belong to them anymore unsupervised? The seller didn't own those ponies anymore, they belonged to you leo. If she really did just leave them sitting around, she shouldn't have offered them again. She should have shown you evidence that what you paid for had been indeed damaged. I mean, she's selling at least one MIP now.. If that's the case, she lied about something. Because she told you 'they'. That indicates the lot. If one wasn't opened, she should have said 'most'. I don't like it. At the best, she's irresponsible and her brother isn't too bright. At worst? She decided to get a better price, maybe by selling individually. Either way, it's a really disappointing for you leo.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 05:59:28 PM »
I hope we get an update on this!  I'd like more information on this seller's behavior.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 06:15:57 PM »
Wow, that's lame. I was bidding on her auction for November. I checked the history, and I assume that if a SCO was given, the person who outbid me accepted it...
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 05:15:30 AM »
She probably realised selling individually would bank more in the long run. Opening clear packages is incredible...and by that I mean it is,kt worth the data it was written with!
I'd open a grudge with eBay, personally, especially now that you know at least one of the packages WASN'T opened. She's a scammer and eBay needs to have a record of things like this happening!

Offline svleonard

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 05:55:41 AM »
She probably realised selling individually would bank more in the long run. Opening clear packages is incredible...and by that I mean it is,kt worth the data it was written with!
I'd open a grudge with eBay, personally, especially now that you know at least one of the packages WASN'T opened. She's a scammer and eBay needs to have a record of things like this happening!

The whole thing is so weird ... I did buy them individually, and while they're not extremely rare, they are definitely worth more in the original sealed plastic bag than they are opened.  I suppose it's possible that they were already opened when she listed the auction, and she could have listed them as MIP to get more money for them; and then after the auction was over made up the story about her brother opening them to account for the fact. 

I really don't think she's a scammer: she has 100% positive feedback, and she refunded my money super fast.  But the fact that she turned around and sold the May to another arena member bothers me.  It's probably the same one, and it can't be MIP anymore, unless she somehow resealed the bag, which would be dishonest.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 08:34:49 AM »
So you bought them each individually not as a lot? And then she said they were all opened?

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »
I still don't trust it. She may have had someone contact her and offer to buy only a few of them for more than your bd, and since she couldn't go back to you after teelling you they were opened, she just got hold of the other people who bid. I never trust anyone and if something feels off, I NEVER ignore that feeling because it always comes back to bite me.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 11:17:02 AM »
Sounds like BS to me... but regardless you're not going to be getting your hands on those ponies :( I am very sorry that it's not worked out for you!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »
Odds are the seller wasn't happy with the price they got for the birth flowers, and is trying to sell to other people to get more.  It happens sometimes, and it really stinks! 

I had one seller who claimed the MOC pony I had won was lost/destroyed/whatever, but they just happened to have another one on a worse condition card that I could buy for 4 times the price I won the other one for!  What luck!  I declined.  They sent back my money order marked return to sender as they couldn't even be bothered to pay for a single stamp to make sure my payment arrived back to me safely(it took a month to get back to me, and it was for over $50 so I was freaking out).  For *years* afterwards I'd see that "other" pony pop up on ebay with its insane price with no bidders, and the seller would email me constantly trying to get me to buy it.  Nope.  I wouldn't have anything to do with that seller ever again, even if she was giving ponies away for free. 

I found out later that the seller did this a lot to buyers.  She'd toss things up on ebay, and if they didn't sell for what she wanted, or if someone offered her more for it after the auction ended, she'd "lose" the item.  She was also the seller who tried to get me to pay for gas, packaging costs, time spent wrapping the box, times spent driving to the post office, and of course lunch at McDonald's while she was down at that end of town.  All in all she tried to charge me an extra $20-$30 on top of the actual postage costs(I paid some "handling fee", but not $30 worth).  I guess she decided that it wasn't enough.  Sadly she waited until AFTER I had bought and sent a money order to figure that out.

Since you cancelled the transaction, the only thing you can do is to take note of the seller so you can avoid them in the future, and post your experience on the Trader Support forum here so others know to be on the look out for this seller.  If the seller has pulled this before, and the other buyer/buyers cancelled the transaction like you did, there probably wouldn't be a record of in their feedback.  I don't think you can leave feedback on a cancelled transaction.  So even if they have 100% feedback, they could still be doing this to other buyers.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
I want to know more too. this sound very bad :( opend mib ponys... hm... why?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal